Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You own 210 games worth: $3,357.09 USD wtf I only started buying games December 2012

Did you buy a lot of bundles? That could skew things a lot. 210 games in six months is kind of insane though, even with bundles. I think my biggest ever splurge was 32 games/expansions for around 150 quid during a Steam sale a few years back (most were cheap Indie titles).

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

nesf wrote: »
    Did you buy a lot of bundles? That could skew things a lot. 210 games in six months is kind of insane though, even with bundles. I think my biggest ever splurge was 32 games/expansions for around 150 quid during a Steam sale a few years back (most were cheap Indie titles).
    I would have got a few bundles alright but I'd usually only add keys that I would play from them and give the rest away, every game I've bought has being on sale tho so obviously I didn't spend anywhere close to that probably have another 50ish games with different DRM too, what can I say it's being a busy year for me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

€476.14 - 2004 member - 60 games (+2 in gifts atm) as of tonight. took the plunge on xcom

damn college had me broke :(

kaimera wrote: »
    €476.14 - 2004 member - 60 games (+2 in gifts atm) as of tonight. took the plunge on xcom

There are a lot of hours in XCOM if you like it. :)

I would have got a few bundles alright but I'd usually only add keys that I would play from them and give the rest away, every game I've bought has being on sale tho so obviously I didn't spend anywhere close to that probably have another 50ish games with different DRM too, what can I say it's being a busy year for me :o

Over 200 games is still mad! :D

I've 210 according to Steam and to be honest there are a fair few steaming piles in there that I'd recommend to no one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

its looking like tomorrow that Tomb Raider will be the big game on offer, so I urge all of you to get it. quality game, and far better than the Assassins creed and Hitmans of late IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Is it worth getting Dark Souls on the PC without a Console controller? Played about half way through on the PS3 but other commitments got in the way and never finished it. Really love to get back into it but not if it is crap with the mouse and keyboard.

I highly recommend this for the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Tinie wrote: »
    its looking like tomorrow that Tomb Raider will be the big game on offer, so I urge all of you to get it. quality game, and far better than the Assassins creed and Hitmans of late IMO.

How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I went through with it, I got Surgeon Simulator 13...... Boy, is it amazing! I'm struggling to control my hand but my surgical prowess is amazing.

789913829.png?1373665422

Ribcage is a bit worse for wear, but nicely done if I may say so myself..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I went through with it, I got Surgeon Simulator 13...... Boy, is it amazing! I'm struggling to control my hand but my surgical prowess is amazing.

789913829.png?1373665422

Grab the tweezers and stick them in the plug (to the left) :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Digy123 wrote: »
    How do you know?

Apparently the postcards and trading cards are showing the numbers, and since bioshock and chivalry have been one and two, its looking like tomb raider will be tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Vindication! I was shot down for that theory on the Steam forums yesterday. :pac:

So we'll see TR trading cards added as well then. Joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

kaimera wrote: »

Just get Dota, it's free and you can easily put a **** load of hours into it. I've got 600+ hours since February. Had a few 60 hour weeks in February and March.

Over 200 games is still mad! :D

I've 210 according to Steam and to be honest there are a fair few steaming piles in there that I'd recommend to no one! :)

I think the reason I bought so many is because I used to game on a ps3 and always picked up a good few games for that but since moving to the pc and seeing the price difference I just couldn't resist. Master race indeed :)

I think the reason I bought so many is because I used to game on a ps3 and always picked up a good few games for that but since moving to the pc and seeing the price difference I just couldn't resist. Master race indeed :)

What's your Steam ID? I'm curious to see what games you got. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone trying to debate on Surgeon Simulator watch this, one of my favorite gaming videos on the inteweb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XkTIYhQC8

What's your Steam ID? I'm curious to see what games you got. :p

The Dragon Al'thor

The Dragon Al'thor

Some nice games there, though, you bought the John Deere game yet lack Farming Simulator 2012? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

€1238.81 since 2009. Though the majority were only bought in the past couple of years

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone trying to debate on Surgeon Simulator watch this, one of my favorite gaming videos on the inteweb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XkTIYhQC8

I killed Bob..... :( Repeatedly hit him in the head with a hammer, it was premeditated.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what would people recommend for someone into Puzzle/RPG/2D Platformers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

quarryman wrote: »

First thing everyone does in that game is give the middle finger :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Corkfeen wrote: »

789913829.png?1373665422

lmfao

Zoidberg himself would be proud. Shur yer man will be lepping around in no time.

lmfao

Zoidberg himself would be proud. Shur yer man will be lepping around in no time.

I drilled the heart out in no time, t'was like 'Dexter Morgan: The Videogame'......

I've not played it but Toki Tori 2 is still on sale from yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

X-com for a tenner.... Must. Not. Buy.

In other news. Has anyone bought Endless Space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Vicxas wrote: »

I have a rider to that question - has anyone bought Endless Space and enjoyed it?

I bought it a while back. played it for an hour and was bored stupid and never went back.

Vicxas wrote: »

I bought it. Haven't considered playing it yet, messing around with Eador at the moment.

Some nice games there, though, you bought the John Deere game yet lack Farming Simulator 2012? :P

No Farming Simulator aye a clear oversight on my behalf I must remedy that immediately :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

In terms of 2D platformers, you're looking at Braid, Fez, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Trine, Capsized, Mark of the Ninja, VVVVVV, Bit.Trip Runner. Loads really. Check them out first - some are casual, some will have you tearing your hair out.

Best puzzle games would include Antichamber, Spacechem, World of Goo, Crayon Physics Deluxe, even Portal.

Advertisement