Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

I bought surgeon simulator after watching this video, pure gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y2F3ZWEEbF4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

In terms of 2D platformers, you're looking at Braid, Fez, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Trine, Capsized, Mark of the Ninja, VVVVVV, Bit.Trip Runner. Loads really. Check them out first - some are casual, some will have you tearing your hair out.

Best puzzle games would include Antichamber, Spacechem, World of Goo, Crayon Physics Deluxe, even Portal.

There's also the Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves The World double-pack. A couple of 5-6 hour RPGs that've got a decent blend of humour and good, if stock, mechanics. I think it'll only set you back about €3.99. Actually, just checking and they're both 65 cent each.

Thomas was Alone is a pretty inspired puzzle-platformer, that's got you relating to dots. There's also Intrusion 2, which is an alright run-'n-gun, with some funky physics. The pair'll leave with change from a fiver.

All in all, you're looking at around €6ish for more than a fair few hours of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone trying to debate on Surgeon Simulator watch this, one of my favorite gaming videos on the inteweb:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XkTIYhQC8

I almost pissed myself watching that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sad that I'm staying up just to see what the new flash sale will be.

In other news, played the opening of xcom...I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Iv been playing FTL all night,I really like it. Nothing more satisfying than sucking an intruder out the Airlocks.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sleeping Dogs the CC.

Defo worth the ~€7 imo. I paid full whack at launch cos I liked True Crime back in the day (3/4 disks lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

kaimera wrote: »
    Sad that I'm staying up just to see what the new flash sale will be.

In other news, played the opening of xcom...I like!

Aren't we all though, and now I get to buy Sleeping Dogs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

shaneb92 wrote: »
    I bought surgeon simulator after watching this video, pure gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y2F3ZWEEbF4

Okay, I will buy it then. Tears in my eyes from laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sleeping Dogs won Community Choice.

Buy it. It's a fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

How much of the Sleeping Dogs DLC is worth picking up?

• Advertisement

FS:

Bully Scholar Ed 2.49
    Magika 2.49
    Godmode 4.99
    Super Meat Boy 3.49

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Super Meat Boy for E3.75 when I have E5 left in Paypal, yes please and thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs won Community Choice.

Buy it. It's a fantastic game.

I found Sleeping dogs a little underwhelming if I'm honest. I wanted to like it, but I just found it a little...cheaply made. Like a fan mod of GTA or Saints Row or something. The driving handling was just awful. Really turned me off the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

How much of the Sleeping Dogs DLC is worth picking up?

Pick up all the story/mission DLC. It's all great. You can ignore the extra cars and outfits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So far...

Just Cause 2
    Magika
    Bully
    Star Wars collection
    Antichamber
    Bastion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First transaction:
    Surgeon Simulator
    Antichamber
    Super Meat Boy

Bah, no further discount on the Sleeping Dogs DLC. Can leave that til the last day and just get the base game I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

quarryman wrote: »
    451,67€

*shudder*

guys, please show me someone who is worse to make me feel better.

just checked, I registered with steam in 2007, so that means about €75 a year. I feel a little better now.

I can make you feel real good ;)

The Account Is Worth: 6,932.52€

Pffft. You won most of that in the boards Steam Gifts group Skerries. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hardly! because anything in there I already have
    somebody please take my CC away from me

just checked and I have won 11 games and given away 50 in the group giveaways

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Skerries wrote: »
    hardly! because anything in there I already have
    somebody please take my CC away from me

I'm good friends with a Nigerian prince who is looking to give you money. All he needs is your CC details! :pac:
    I just looked at your steam profile!!! :O 664 games owned, 277 pieces of DLC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hypothetically, say if someone, not me mind you, but someone I...know, had Hotline Miami, Surgeon Sim, and Farcry 2 picked out, but only wanted to take 2, which would you recommend?

Hypothetically, mind. Totally not me. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'm having some trouble with my CS:GO that I just downloaded. When I hit play, you can tell something happens, but nothing opens. When I check processes, it's running the .exe, and steam shows I'm in game, but no window for the game. I've tried a load of solutions from the steam discussions, but none have worked. Anyone got any idea?
    Hypothetically, say if someone, not me mind you, but someone I...know, had Hotline Miami, Surgeon Sim, and Farcry 2 picked out, but only wanted to take 2, which would you recommend?

Hypothetically, mind. Totally not me. Honestly.

Hotline & Far Cry for me. Surg. Sim. for me, would be fun for all of 10 mins before I got bored of it. Hotline and Far Cry are hours of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So is FTL worth it? It's very tempting but I'm wondering should I keep my steam wallet credit for something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    So is FTL worth it? It's very tempting but I'm wondering should I keep my steam wallet credit for something else
    I'm not great at it from what I've played, but it is just making me want to go back and get better, not to give up on it. I think its good, and look forward to more time with it.

I'm not expecting many people to see this in time for the vote, but I'm voting Towns for the next one. Would appreciate anyone who doesn't care one way or another would vote that way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm not great at it from what I've played, but it is just making me want to go back and get better, not to give up on it. I think its good, and look forward to more time with it.

I'm not expecting many people to see this in time for the vote, but I'm voting Towns for the next one. Would appreciate anyone who doesn't care one way or another would vote that way too.

Done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Vote for Reus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Pushtrak wrote: »
    but I'm voting Towns for the next one. Would appreciate anyone who doesn't care one way or another would vote that way too.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Vote for Reus!!

Vote for Pedro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Voted Tropico 4 cos it's on my wishlist, but it says vote for it for 75% off which would make it 7.50 but I saw it yesterday for a tenner?! I'll get it either way if it goes to 7.50, just a bit puzzled! :P

Advertisement