Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Where were you guys finding out how much you had spent, and how much they were worth?

Installed EnhancedSteam, and can only find out what I've spent, and I don't think it's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Where were you guys finding out how much you had spent, and how much they were worth?

Installed EnhancedSteam, and can only find out what I've spent, and I don't think it's right.

http://alabasterslim.com/worth.php

Worth €937.45.

Am I fúcking MENTAL!

Worth €937.45.

Am I fúcking MENTAL!

Go back and look at Skerries total. ;)

It's so going to be used if my wife gives out about me buying games...

nesf wrote: »
    Go back and look at Skerries total. ;)

It's so going to be used if my wife gives out about me buying games...

As bad as Skerries total is, am in my shíte letting slip to her about that!

She doesn't understand that Steam isn't about playing the games, it's about getting them. If she knew how much the games I don't play cost.....well, she'd just sigh, then laugh as I make excuses.

Day 2: I slipped a little. Hotline Miami and Farcry 2. €5.11 Total spend: €5.11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

only worth $2000. Whew.

Overheal wrote: »
    only worth $2000. Whew.

I actually thought that yours would be worse. Always had you pegged as a proper hoarder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

As bad as Skerries total is, am in my shíte letting slip to her about that!

She doesn't understand that Steam isn't about playing the games, it's about getting them. If she knew how much the games I don't play cost.....well, she'd just sigh, then laugh as I make excuses.

Day 2: I slipped a little. Hotline Miami and Farcry 2. €5.11 Total spend: €5.11

Use the analogy of shoes/clothes and ask her how many times she's worn XYZ in the last year, she might understand then what Steam is about :p

Use the analogy of shoes/clothes and ask her how many times she's worn XYZ in the last year, she might understand then what Steam is about :p

I can't. I've currently got as many shoes as she does.

I have issues.

Exactly, in this house it's a detente situation. I don't mention clothes, shoes and handbags and she doesn't mention computer games, go playing accessories and random geeky stuff. Everyone wins!*

*Except the bank account...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

at last a community choice i want wins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Nollog

3,005.52€ Not bad.

Any clue what the "31.31€ (8.25€) per month" means?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    3,005.52€ Not bad.

Your average spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

/\/ollog wrote: »
    3,005.52€ Not bad.

31.25 is your average per month assuming games weren't on sale. 8.25 is assuming all games were bought on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

CC. Hitman, XCom or Dark Souls?

I'm assuming you guys want XCom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm voting Dark Souls anyway. Missed it yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

How low do ye reckon we'll see Dishonored + DLC down too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nothing better than waking up and seeing Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle for 8 euro

I really want that tropico bundle but money is tight and I want Dishonored too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you'd get more hours out of tropico although they are both incredible games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just made a purchase from the UK (Batman: Arkham Asylum, I must the the only one who hasn't played it). The store came up in sterling (it was £2.49), but on checkout it converted to euro because my address didn't match my location (so I paid €4.99). If I put in a UK address maybe it would have left me with the sterling price, but I didn't want to click the "I currently live in this country" box just in case.

So far I think I have all but Dishonored and the Skyrim DLC (Which is so cheap on Nuuvem).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Vojera wrote: »
    Just made a purchase from the UK (Batman: Arkham Asylum, I must the the only one who hasn't played it). The store came up in sterling (it was £2.49), but on checkout it converted to euro because my address didn't match my location (so I paid €4.99). If I put in a UK address maybe it would have left me with the sterling price, but I didn't want to click the "I currently live in this country" box just in case.

Should have done it... Even tastier discounts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Im tempted by tropico but never played it before. A lot of people seem to rate it very highly.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Im tempted by tropico but never played it before. A lot of people seem to rate it very highly.

Dont expect SimCity but it is mad fun. Very addictive. The 2 euro extra for all the DLC includes the expansion Modern Times and all the extra scenarios which I would say is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

You have to really be into that type of game. I like to play them now and again and have 3 of the tropico games but got bored quickly enough. The missions seem to end up being pretty much the same by the end of them.

Just my 2 cents.

At 8 euroes it would be hard not to get the time out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There is reason why, it's freaking fantastic game with great sense of humour. It muster my favourite "economy" SIM of all times.

Its more then worth it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,383 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

So far I think I have all but Dishonored and the Skyrim DLC (Which is so cheap on Nuuvem).
    Whats the story with Nuuvem.

Don't have Skyrim, and see that its R$35 (Brzillian I presume), which is €12, Steam Activated.

Whats the catch, is the game in Portuguese? :P

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Nuuvem.

Don't have Skyrim, and see that its R$35 (Brzillian I presume), which is €12, Steam Activated.

Whats the catch, is the game in Portuguese? :P

The catch is that your not legally ment to do it. People have and it all works but the fine print says that you must be living in a South American country. But with the volume of sales and such and the fact that im a sparse buyer I think i'll be OK.

And with all the Skyrim DLC for 15.51 there compared to 31.47 here I think its worth the risk.

Advertisement