Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Didn't notice the Tropico Bundle for €8 and just bought the base game for €6, annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I am very surprised that Civ 5 expansion still in third place... It is going for full price too! Looks like people really hungry for such kind of games.

Looks like nothing in flash deals for me today. Will need to wait for 18:00 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Is 70% a reasonable expection for Dishonored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bah, they don't sell the Arkham City DLC seperately anymore. Worth buying the GOTY edition for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Is 70% a reasonable expection for Dishonored?

Yes it was 70% or 75% off on community choice but didn't get enough votes :mad: so hold out a bit longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bah, they don't sell the Arkham City DLC seperately anymore. Worth buying the GOTY edition for it?

Aint most of dlc just challange rooms outside of main game? A few skins etc?

The only Dlc worth attention is Harley Quinn one, thats it.

While I voted for it I expected it to come last and Far Cry 3 first. The result really shocked me on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Yes it was 70% or 75% off on community choice but didn't get enough votes :mad: so hold out a bit longer

It will definitely show up in a daily deal at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Anyone know why there's no 'valve complete pack this summer? Could it just randomly turn up in a daily deal or something? It's odd cause it is usually their flagship product during the sales

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Me: oh look, Farming Simulator 2013 has a Mac version now! And it's 66% off! Where's my credit card again...

*five seconds later*

Me: Wait, why the **** would I buy Farming Simulator 2013?

*throws wallet against wall*

• Advertisement

Wait, why the **** would I buy Farming Simulator 2013?

Because your too city for the real thing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Because it's a steam sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Me: oh look, Farming Simulator 2013 has a Mac version now! And it's 66% off! Where's my credit card again...

*five seconds later*

*throws wallet against wall*

Because...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Uh oh, down to 8 euro in my steam wallet. Time to send the girlfriend to gamestop

Ive got together a tenner in change and 20 I had set aside to go out with.

Aint most of dlc just challange rooms outside of main game? A few skins etc?

The only Dlc worth attention is Harley Quinn one, thats it.

Ah screw that then. No interest in playing as Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hmmm I am very surprised that Civ 5 expansion still in third place... It is going for full price too! Looks like people really hungry for such kind of games.

Looks like nothing in flash deals for me today. Will need to wait for 18:00 so.

According to the stats page on Steam, Civ 5 is the 2nd most played game on the network after DOTA 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Some new games have been added to my badge page, might be worth checking yours,
    Sleeping Dogs & Civ 5 got added to mine overnight it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Hoping XCOM goes back on sale! I just bought Surgeon Simulator, Fez, Just Cause 2, MK Collection and Machinarium.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

WHAT? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I just added €10 to my steam wallet through paypal and have been locked out of purchases until the 20th because of its the first time I used a different payment method. What kind of bullshíte is this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Lamposts wrote: »
    Hoping XCOM goes back on sale! I just bought Surgeon Simulator, Fez, Just Cause 2, MK Collection and Machinarium.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

WHAT? :(

I got that last night while I was buying xcom and FTL. It actually took a while (an hour or more) before I could get it to go through with the transaction.

Today I'm getting annoyed with the walking dead I bought yesterday. Didn't know it had to connect online before you can play it. Couldn't get on this morning. Then later when it did connect and I played on and finished episode/chapter 1 it puts you back to the main menu before you start part 2 and again I can't connect to play it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

That's grim mate.. :(

Tinie wrote: »
    I just added €10 to my steam wallet through paypal and have been locked out of purchases until the 20th because of its the first time I used a different payment method. What kind of bullshíte is this???

Happened to me last week, but are you sure it's not just being locked out of the market place? You can still buy games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Good idea: put money in steam wallet and wait for games you want

Bad idea: put money in steam wallet, get steam app on your phone,go out, get drunk and wake up with 3 games you didn't want

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Happened to me last week, but are you sure it's not just being locked out of the market place? You can still buy games etc.

No it wont let me, I keep getting "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

This is really annoying. I buy tf2 keys to trade for 4packs and russian games also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Kirby wrote: »
    I found Sleeping dogs a little underwhelming if I'm honest. I wanted to like it, but I just found it a little...cheaply made. Like a fan mod of GTA or Saints Row or something. The driving handling was just awful. Really turned me off the game.

You'll get no argument from me on the driving, really the weakest part of the game. The story also kind of falls apart when guns are introduced in the final third of the game.

But for me, I had more fun in Sleeping Dogs running around Hong Kong and beating seven shades of ****e out of massive groups of people than I have had in any game in a long time. :)

On another note, this albabasterslim site ye've been using to calculate the worth of ye're accounts, it keeps giving me "Error Calculating, please refresh." message. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried putting my ID in the box, tried putting my ID followed by a / in the box, tried putting the full url in the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You'll get no argument from me on the driving, really the weakest part of the game. The story also kind of falls apart when guns are introduced in the final third of the game.

But for me, I had more fun in Sleeping Dogs running around Hong Kong and beating seven shades of ****e out of massive groups of people than I have had in any game in a long time. :)

On another note, this albabasterslim site ye've been using to calculate the worth of ye're accounts, it keeps giving me "Error Calculating, please refresh." message. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried putting my ID in the box, tried putting my ID followed by a / in the box, tried putting the full url in the box...

maybe it has you as a number instead of your name. check the url on your profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That sucks I can't get the Arkam City DLC separate. :(
    Not that I'd probably have bought any of it but I'd like to have had the option.

What do you folks want in the next Community Choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmmm hitman I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Solar Empire: Rebellion is 66% for the whole sale so I'm waiting, it's unlikely but I'm in no rush.

Not sure there is anything else I'd like.

Advertisement