Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Tinie wrote: »
    July 11th seems to be the general consensus on the steam forums anyways, but I wouldn't say no to it starting tonight :D

They got it right last year so I'm assuming they're right this time too,, nothing to see here people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Middle of July!? But payday is the 23rd for me, you can't leave me with a Steam sale on my last week before payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

fry_meme_640screen001.jpg

Really hope its today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can't find any sale on the season pass, they all separate. It's be cheaper to buy 1,2 and dlc in the bundle than buy the dlc separately....unless I'm missing something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

GarIT wrote: »
    Steam Sale is coming soon. A lot of games have gone up by €5 to €10 in the last 24 hours.

Is that just so the discounts looks bigger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

CatInABox wrote: »
    Can you buy games from amazon.com in europe?

you can buy dl codes from them as long as you use a Us address, I live in the Portland Trailblazers Arena according to amazon.com:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

grizzly wrote: »
    Is that just so the discounts looks bigger?

I would assume so,Valve have demonstrated such advertising tactics in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can see the price history of Steam games by clicking on view history beside the game on this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I want it to be today but dont want to get my hopes up like last year, for 3 weeks I was refreshing the page at 6pm but nothing came up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I want it to be today but dont want to get my hopes up like last year, for 3 weeks I was refreshing the page at 6pm but nothing came up :(

I was the same too :( The day the sales did start was the day i went on my holidays :(

Skerries wrote: »
    you can see the price history of Steam games by clicking on view history beside the game on this site

You can also install this on chrome, really handy

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-steam/okadibdjfemgnhjiembecghcbfknbfhg?hl=en

Just under 15 min untill we find out if the sale is today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

another 7 days to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Rocksmith :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

We found out Tuesday it wasn't today. The midweek sale wouldn't be overlapping with the summer sale. More than likely not next week since Civ 5:Brave New World would be released during the sale. It's probably the 11th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

another 7 days to go....

14 is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Bah! I doubt it will be next Thursday either as that is Independence Day in the U.S. I reckon it will be July 11th...

Disappointed, but I guess that means I can enjoy the good weather this weekend! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I guess I'll be missing it then for my holidays, Thank god in some ways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Well at least I'll make rent this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

simon360 wrote: »
    I guess I'll be missing it then for my holidays, Thank god in some ways.

You know theres a steam app right? You can use it to buy stuff.

oh you're evil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will be heading on holidays on the 10th , so i will thankfully miss it as i am not taking my phone due to being tied to a contract so don't want to chance roaming charges. so no steam app for me !! i also bought stuff from the last 2 sales, and have a decent library of games, but have played very few of them !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

To milk a much-mentioned point: Every time this thread gets bumped, my wallet flinches in anticipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Apart from the fact this says july 29th, I think its all a load of BS, but hy if its saturday im happy!! will they send out an email when it begins?

Judging by other valve ARG's it's likely something will happen on Saturday, perhaps more games will get Korean clues, people will argue about it for a week, a few more clues will come out and then BAM! An event pops up that people need trading cards to fuel and suddenly Valve have bought Blizzard, Starcraft is on steam, the whole of south Korea is renamed to South Valve and the whole country is now their office.

The July thing is more than likely a typo, this Saturday is June 29th. The last 29th of July that was a Saturday was 2008 and the next one is 2017... My god! Your right, HL3 confirmed for 2017!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does gamestop sell steam wallet gift cards in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Anyone moved to a different country and subsequently had problems buying games from Steam? just worried in case I can't spend all my money when the sale goes live, was going to make a test purchase but nothing there takes my fancy at the moment.

Advertisement