Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I can never understand the mixed reviews Sleeping Dogs seems to get, considering there wasn't much expected of it I thought it was a really solid game. The driving was great fun as well, very easy to control with the arcade style handling and the ramming was really satisfying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    Solar Empire: Rebellion is 66% for the whole sale so I'm waiting, it's unlikely but I'm in no rush.

Not sure there is anything else I'd like.

Thats what I am waiting for too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The only thing I'm waiting for is Game of Thrones, I don't see it being on any better sale though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Lamposts wrote: »

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

WHAT? :(

So I take it you're going to go begging people to buy/gift you games again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Me: oh look, Farming Simulator 2013 has a Mac version now! And it's 66% off! Where's my credit card again...

*five seconds later*

Me: Wait, why the **** would I buy Farming Simulator 2013?

*throws wallet against wall*

"Omg, for only two euro more I can get the bundle with all the New Holland AND Massey Ferguson add ons!

.... Wait."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

So I take it you're going to go begging people to buy/gift you games again?

This was like 10 years ago, I'm hoping you're the only one that remembers this.. :D

Just to all civ5 noobs ( and veterans too ). Have a look at this guy. He does a very good "lets plays" of Civ. I would not even call it lets play, more of educational bomb.

I really want to get that expansion too now. God dammit, its so expensive. :( Its back to 30eu again. I dont know if I can wait so long to go down to 20eu. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Just to all civ5 noobs ( and veterans too ). Have a look at this guy. He does a very good "lets plays" of Civ. I would not even call it lets play, more of educational bomb.

Vid

I really want to get that expansion too now. God dammit, its so expensive. :( Its back to 30eu again. I dont know if I can wait so long to go down to 20eu. :(

It was also a misprice that took it down to €20 it wasnt meant to go on sale at all. the people that bought the expo at preorder/full price got civ IV as compensation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    On another note, this albabasterslim site ye've been using to calculate the worth of ye're accounts, it keeps giving me "Error Calculating, please refresh." message. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried putting my ID in the box, tried putting my ID followed by a / in the box, tried putting the full url in the box...

Is your profile private? I just tried it there and I had to change mine to public for it to work. Apparently I own 424 games worth: 6,055.02€ but thankfully I paid nowhere near that in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

You've changed your tune :P
    So Brave new Worlds is 20eu eu no. No way I am paying 20eu for a fecking patch, which should be almost free.

I am playing heavily civ 5, but it works fine with just Gods and Kings expansion.

So we call Re-structure now the Design **** ups? Last expansion really did a lot of changes, which would can proudly wear expansion name.

New changes are good, but not 30eu good.
    Well that is all what TB said too. The AI is not going fecking crazy, when you shove a Sword in to one of the 22 Civilisations pooper. Everyone on the mad is becomes your biggest enemy.
    Saying this, its expansion for 30eu. I would expect more of it, then an AI rebalance and Culture rebalance.

Ah well, I will see how I feel in the end of sale. I might pick it up. I am way too busy in my current civ game.
    I guess it becomes more obvious for those who already played the pre Brave new worlds. When original and first expo is so cheap, it really makes new expansion look like a very bad value for money. 13£ even converted does not look too bad as an addon. The eu 30eu price for it is mad. Even 20eu on sale is pushing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lamposts wrote: »
    This was like 10 years ago, I'm hoping you're the only one that remembers this.. :D

It was last year Darren. Don't be telling fibs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Kirby wrote: »
    It was last year Darren. Don't be telling fibs. :P

Come back to me when you're better than Parawind at FM! Yeah, I said it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

GarIT wrote: »
    The only thing I'm waiting for is Game of Thrones, I don't see it being on any better sale though. :(

I bought it last year, story is brilliant once it gets going. ive seen it for 9.99 at one stage during the christmas sale, hang on a bit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

FTL is class.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gbear wrote: »
    FTL is class.

Yeah it is, just had my first game of it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Its super infuriating and addicting. Like Hotline Miami without the LSD.

If you end up fighting a mantis ship with a teleporter I suggest committing seppuku before they get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Its super infuriating and addicting. Like Hotline Miami without the LSD.

If you end up fighting a mantis ship with a teleporter I suggest committing seppuku before they get you.

^ This. I've never come across a game that quite literally made me want to punch through my screen. I've counter-acted that feeling now by just enjoying the journey, as opposed to expecting I'm going to beat the game when I play.

And there have been times where I've just turned off the oxygen and opened all the doors rather than letting my ship be blown up in combat, just because.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    You've changed your tune :P

I still dont agree with pricing, but I just like to have things complete. As mentioned above, 20eu was miss pricing, so no way I will be paying 30eu for it.

First purchases of the sale:
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
    FTL
    Surgeon Simulator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

FTL is a whore. I finally got to the end with a maxed out ship, a ****ing Fire Beam (Oh. My. God.), defense drones and hull repair drones, and then the flagship got too close and I lost. BAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Harps wrote: »
    I can never understand the mixed reviews Sleeping Dogs seems to get, considering there wasn't much expected of it I thought it was a really solid game. The driving was great fun as well, very easy to control with the arcade style handling and the ramming was really satisfying

I think it really comes down to what you like. I prefer more realistic driving like in GTAIV to arcadey driving like in SD. I stopped playing the NFS series for the sole reason that they went too far down the Criterion route for my liking.

SD is class though, makes me sad that Squeenix called it a "failure" for only selling a million copies. :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I still dont agree with pricing, but I just like to have things complete. As mentioned above, 20eu was miss pricing, so no way I will be paying 30eu for it.

21eu on g2play.

If you get it there wait for a game you like to be part of the "pay a fiver or more" deal that appears at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think it really comes down to what you like. I prefer more realistic driving like in GTAIV to arcadey driving like in SD. I stopped playing the NFS series for the sole reason that they went too far down the Criterion route for my liking.

SD is class though, makes me sad that Squeenix called it a "failure" for only selling a million copies. :rolleyes: :(

It was marred by development hell though. Hard to say how much money Squeenix had to spend on even getting the project out of the rubble nevermind getting it finished to an acceptable standard.

I initially found GTA IV's driving really weird but I grew to like it more and more. It takes a little getting used to but I think the game is better for it. Arcadey driving doesn't provide the same effects and tension when vehicles begin impacting you.

Anybody reading this not bought FTL yet?

21eu on g2play.

If you get it there wait for a game you like to be part of the "pay a fiver or more" deal that appears at the top.

Just got it for 19.95eu from Gameshold.com What can I say, I am weak... :o Still better then 30eu! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jernal wrote: »
    It was marred by development hell though. Hard to say how much money Squeenix had to spend on even getting the project out of the rubble nevermind getting it finished to an acceptable standard.

I initially found GTA IV's driving really weird but I grew to like it more and more. It takes a little getting used to but I think the game is better for it. Arcadey driving doesn't provide the same effects and tension when vehicles begin impacting you.

Anybody reading this not bought FTL yet?

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Finished FTL 100%,All ships unlocked :) Now I can sleep :rolleyes:

Someone was looking for anno or anno Deep ocean dlc?

Anno 11eu
    http://www.gameholds.com/anno-2070-pc.html

Deep Ocean dlc 8eu
    http://www.gameholds.com/anno-2070-deep-ocean-pc-cd-key.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, will Black ops 2 appear in a flash sale, or is 50% the best I can hope for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

CatInABox wrote: »
    So, will Black ops 2 appear in a flash sale, or is 50% the best I can hope for?

Thats the lowest it will go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Someone was looking for anno or anno Deep ocean dlc?

Anno 11eu
    http://www.gameholds.com/anno-2070-pc.html

Deep Ocean dlc 8eu
    http://www.gameholds.com/anno-2070-deep-ocean-pc-cd-key.html

The steam Anno price is greedy by ubi to say the least. The price for the deep ocean expansion though is mint. :D

Advertisement