Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

NTMK wrote: »
    Thats the lowest it will go

Will pick it up with Hitman so, thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Will be getting FTL after 6PM new sales deadline (first time ever I've agreed with the A&A mod :) )

Also: any good new co-op games that people would recommend?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,092 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

FTL's a good game then so? Good.

Anyone know how the booster card packs work? Do you have to be in game to get them. I've maxed out drops for a few games and so far, zilch.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

FTL's a good game then so? Good.

Anyone know how the booster card packs work? Do you have to be in game to get them. I've maxed out drops for a few games and so far, zilch.

You just randomly get them in your inventory. You don't do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Monotype wrote: »
    You just randomly get them in your inventory. You don't do anything.

You can unpack them to give you 3 random cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Bah! UPlay is down which means I can't activate Far Cry 3 or Blood Dragon. Suppose that's what I get for actually trying to play a game I bought in a Steam sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Steam website lasts 3 minutes past 6pm then collapses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Is it just me or is Bad Company 2 a rip off for 9 euro? I mean the game was brilliant online but isnt the community long gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nothing today interests me at all, hope tomorrow will be better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    Will pick it up with Hitman so, thanks.

And Tomb Raider... I thought I wasn't going to be getting anything this year :(

The booster packs only drop if you're over steam level ten, AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Only thing today is The Witcher 2 but I have it. If you don't, buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Odd, I want LA Noire, which is supposedly on sale for 9.99 now, but when I click on the page info, it says it's 14.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone have any opinions on Kinetic Void ? Does it take up much Hard drive space?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

titan18 wrote: »
    Only thing today is The Witcher 2 but I have it. If you don't, buy it.

The first one is now only 1.99 too, was 3.99 before today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Links234 wrote: »
    Odd, I want LA Noire, which is supposedly on sale for 9.99 now, but when I click on the page info, it says it's 14.99?

give it a few pricing is messed up for the first few minutes this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The first one is now only 1.99 too, was 3.99 before today.

It's bad of me, but I really couldn't get into the first one. Combat was too weird. Didn't even finish it, and only finally played the second one last month even though I had it for ages.

Still gonna keep an eye out for Bioshock Infinite too, maybe I should've got it at 25? or do you think it might come down further?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Digy123 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Bad Company 2 a rip off for 9 euro? I mean the game was brilliant online but isnt the community long gone?

Its EA what do you expect? Cod4 is 6 years old and is still €25 on steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

CatInABox wrote: »
    The booster packs only drop if you're over steam level ten, AFAIK.

Anyone can receive a booster pack, but your chances of getting one increase by 20% if you're level 10 to 19, 40% if you're level 20 to 29 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

YES Witcher 1 and 2. Was going to buy this day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

All ready have Universe Sandbbox and not interested in the other 2. Anyone want my vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

**** it, under 8e for hitman pro edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Yeah I'd say give them a few minutes. Make sure to get the complete edition with all the DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Still gonna keep an eye out for Bioshock Infinite too, maybe I should've got it at 25? or do you think it might come down further?

I think I've said it 4 times in the last 2 days in this thread, you can get it off a guy who sells keys for €10 or if you want to buy from a shop you can get it for €15. It's unlikely it will be reduced more on Steam, it's still new.

thegame983 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say give them a few minutes. Make sure to get the complete edition with all the DLC
    yeah, seems to be working now, that's the one I'm getting ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,092 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If you buy either Witcher game, register your serial number on GOG for free DRM-free copies.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Think I'm gonna plunge for Age Of Empires Legacy Bundle for €15.63. Haven't played the games in ages, but I used to love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Only 50% off Resident Evil 6. I'll pass. Heard so many bad things about it but I still want to try it out. It needs to go cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Hitman Collection, The Witcher 2 & McPixel for me today, not bad for $17.22

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you buy either Witcher game, register your serial number on GOG for free DRM-free copies.

Balls, too late. Whats the deal? Can i only install it on one PC or what?

Advertisement