Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anyone can receive a booster pack, but your chances of getting one increase by 20% if you're level 10 to 19, 40% if you're level 20 to 29 etc.

Yeah, I checked it out, you've got a chance for a booster pack so long as you've already gone through the drops for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

For Bioshock check g2play. Twice ive seen it at 15 if you bought another game with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Aaaaaaaand... the purchase went through for LA Noire and the Borderlands 2 DLC yay :D few hitches but not a huge nightmare like yesterday

I have quite a good haul so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

People should buy Tomb Raider for that price. I bought it at launch, it's a great game and was worth the launch price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If anyone has a spare vote, any chance you'd vote for Universe Sandbox? Been looking to pick it up so you'd be helping me out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Awww XCOM didn go up for €10 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

so whats the damage for everyone so far?
    Mine is:
    Left 4 Dead 2 £3.74
    Surgeon Simulator £2.37
    Chivalry £4.74
    Witcher 2 £3.74
    Sleeping Dogs £4.99
    Bully £2.49
    Tropico 4 Complete £5.99

Total: £28.06 so far...

Probably Adding
    Tomb Raider (depending on tommorrows sale)
    SSFIV:AE
    and
    SFxtekken (if they get a good discount)

abbir wrote: »
    People should buy Tomb Raider for that price. I bought it at launch, it's a great game and was worth the launch price.

I would but I try to avoid impulse buys, I had a few things in my wishlist for a while that I was going to get when they went on sale, so trying to stick to stuff I intended to buy only.

already slipped and got xcom as one impulse buy, so... :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think I'm gonna plunge for Age Of Empires Legacy Bundle for €15.63. Haven't played the games in ages, but I used to love them.

They really cranked the price up on those games recently by the looks of it, legacy bundle was only 24.99 when i baught it a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Awww XCOM didn go up for €10 :/
    it did yesterday?

I got it for 10e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saints Row: The Third
    FTL
    Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle
    Dungeons Of Dredmor
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

A grand total of 19.57 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

abbir wrote: »
    Just bought the whole Tomb Raider Collection (ALL THE GAMES!) for £11.24 (I'm in the UK). Bargain at that price but im not sure of the € price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,092 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Balls, too late. Whats the deal? Can i only install it on one PC or what?

Same as any Steam Game. Just means you can get it for a lower price and then use a non-Steam version.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SR3
    Xcom
    JC2
    Hitman
    Hotline Miami
    CS GO
    grid2 dlc cos I suck.

€27.12

Just bought the whole Tomb Raider Collection (ALL THE GAMES!) for £11.24 (I'm in the UK). Bargain at that price but im not sure of the € price

€17.49

Jesus that's tempting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Digy123 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Bad Company 2 a rip off for 9 euro? I mean the game was brilliant online but isnt the community long gone?

You would be surprised how much people love Bad company. I personally thing that bad company is better game then BF3. I cant say 100% that communit isstill huge, but there will be defenetly a lot of people playing it.

On todays sale now. Dont really want anything... Tomb raider looks nice, but I doubt I will actually play it. I just got Civ expo, so that will make my nipples busy for a while...
    Edit: If you dont own witcher 2 and not going to buy it for 5eu, you need to get your balls ( or tits in females case ) removed. I payed full price for it on launch and it is one of my all time favourite games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

NTMK wrote: »
    so whats the damage for everyone so far?

Fez $4.99
    FTL $2.49
    Bit Trip Runner 2 $7.49
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: $6.74
    Hitman Collection $11.24
    The Witcher 2 $4.99
    McPixel $0.99

Total: $38.93

Gave myself a budget of $50... looking like that'll last me til about Monday afternoon :o

So far I got:

FTL
    Walking Dead
    Xcom
    Borderlands 2 Seasons Pass + Mecromancer and Psycho packs
    Borderlands Game of the Year edition
    LA Noire Complete edition
    Blood Dragon as a present for my girlfriend :D

All in all, not bad.

Just waiting on Bioshock Infinite now, and maybe Farcry 3 but honestly? I think that's pretty good so far, I'll have enough games to last me until next summer! Haven't bought any new stuff since I first got Borderlands 2, 'cos I'd been holding off for the sale.

Battlefield 3 + Premium (All 5 DLC) - 17.33
    Bastion - 2.09
    Blood Dragon - 6.74
    FTL - 2.50
    HL Series - 7.50
    Tropico4 - 7.99
    All Skyrim DLC - 15.51
    Witcher 1 - 1.99

Thats not bad for a volume to cost ratio.

Sometimes its good to be from Cavan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

4.99 for the witcher 2? sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Nollog

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Anyone have any opinions on Kinetic Void ? Does it take up much Hard drive space?

sevaus on twitch.tv is about to play it live right now if you want to judge for yourself. www.twitch.tv/sevadus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am sort of very interested to get a L.A. Full Noire edition... I always wanted to get back to it on Xbox, but the damn thing kicked the booked... I wonder if its worth pulling the trigger... On the other hand I could pick up a lot newer better games for that tenner.... god dammit steam...

I have to hold for Dishonored now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I am sort of very interested to get a L.A. Full Noire edition... I always wanted to get back to it on Xbox, but the damn thing kicked the booked... I wonder if its worth pulling the trigger... On the other hand I could pick up a lot newer better games for that tenner.... god dammit steam...

meh its very repetitive imo and im someone who 100% the game i found it to drag on for too long at the end. if you already played most of it then i wouldn't bother tbh

but it is worth a look at least if you never played it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Battlefield 3 + Premium (All 5 DLC) - 17.33

That wasn't on steam was it? I thought battlefield 3 was Origin exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Got Tomb Raider & Borderlands 2.. waiting for Plants Vs Zombies to go to 75%!

The LA Noire Complete Edition, does that include the burglary desk? I looked at the DLC page and it only seems to have extra Vice and Traffic cases...

Have the game for Xbox but no DLC, for a tenner it's a tempting deal...

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    That wasn't on steam was it? I thought battlefield 3 was Origin exclusive?

Got it on Amazon US. But yea it is Origin exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Held out until today >.<

L4D2 and Darksiders 2 is all I've bought. Might pick up FTL soon enough though.

Voted for Universe Sandbox too, it looks pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tomb Raider seems like good value, worth getting dye reckon??

Advertisement