Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

People really need to start checking out amazon before going through with a purchase on steam

Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 and Spec Ops: The Line, $9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Completed my collection as well ( € 3.72 ) :)

Now I have to look at the way Steam sorts games in your library :mad:

Why can't they sort them properly :confused:

262452.jpg

You do know that it's alphabetical, right, not by release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

You do know that it's alphabetical, right, not by release.

I know , but if they were named properly they would show in the right order :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€1.24 for Biohazard Battle = Steal

I think that steam may be a little bit broken.
    Individual cost of all the items in the Duke Nukem Forever Collection is €17,97. Bundle price is €35,95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

People really need to start checking out amazon before going through with a purchase on steam. Looking at L.A. Noire as I wanted to gift it to someone so checked out amazon where you can get L.A. Noire, GTAIV and Max Payne 3 for $20. All are steam redeemable.

You do realise that buying from Amazon that way is technically illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Shhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Anyone have any experience of RPG Maker VX Ace?

Recommend or avoid?

Been a while since I've done anything constructive with the computer (Deluxe Paint on the Amiga, I think...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Niska wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of RPG Maker VX Ace?

Recommend or avoid?

Been a while since I've done anything constructive with the computer (Deluxe Paint on the Amiga, I think...)

I want to get that but want it to be cheap than it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jernal wrote: »

Plus, I hate messing around with all that stuff. I use my Amazon quite a lot for my shopping.

For the sake of few quid I better buy from normal CD key websites or steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Also, doesnt contribute to the total for trading cards

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

titan18 wrote: »
    Also, doesnt contribute to the total for trading cards

You'd rather spend extra money for the sake of trading cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Borderlands 2 season pass is €10.19 on steam now,anyone know if this is the cheapest around?
    Thats 66% off,anybody reckon it might go 75% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You'd rather spend extra money for the sake of trading cards?

Trading cards are awesome, but I'm not buying those games anyway, they need to be cheaper since I probably wouldn't play them. I'd buy AOE if it was 75% off, Hitman would need to be under 5 and Tomb Raider would need to be under 8, since I'd really only be buying them to have them rather than wanting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

EoinHef wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 season pass is €10.19 on steam now,anyone know if this is the cheapest around?
    Thats 66% off,anybody reckon it might go 75% off?

Think that's around the cheapest it has been anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

titan18 wrote: »
    Trading cards are awesome, but I'm not buying those games anyway, they need to be cheaper since I probably wouldn't play them. I'd buy AOE if it was 75% off, Hitman would need to be under 5 and Tomb Raider would need to be under 8, since I'd really only be buying them to have them rather than wanting them.

Haven't really been bothered checking what's the deal with the trading cards so I've no idea what there all about. Think Tomb Raider is under €8 on Amazon with code Gooncave ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Jernal wrote: »

How so

COYVB wrote: »
    How so

As a european your not ment to buy from the american market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

As a european your not ment to buy from the american market

I don't believe this is true. Correct me if i'm wrong but if we were not supposed to wouldn't it be blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Jet Black wrote: »
    Think that's around the cheapest it has been anywhere.

Cool,so the only other things ill have to get are the Psycho pack and the Mechromancer pack and ill have everyting?
    Bought the game awhile ago but didnt want to start it till i got all the dlc

• Advertisement

Digy123 wrote: »
    I don't believe this is true. Correct me if i'm wrong but if we were not supposed to wouldn't it be blocked?

You have to lie about your address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Digy123 wrote: »

You have to use a US address but amazon dont give 2 ****s about stopping it

I recon they stop you if they suspect your trading them off at a higher price. But otherwise its not a bother to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Mrs just asked me if there was any CSI games on Steam.

Has anyone played them? They're pretty much point and clickers. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I played Deadly Intent on the 360 and thought it was a fun enough game. I don't think it's on Steam, but if the others are like Deadly Intent then I'd say give them a go if she's into point-and-clicks, the lab minigames are quite fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Times like this I'm kinda happy my laptop can't run some newer games, otherwise I'd have spent a lot more by now

Im getting my first laptop on monday and its a gaming one so Ive gone a bit mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I don't know if it was mentioned,
    but The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is a great deal for €2 (75% off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition is arguably a better game and only €5 (75% off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

Also, GOG will provide you with DRM-Free versions for Steam purchasers.
    http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Waiting for borderlands goty to drop a bit more seeing as I own it for xbox and bought the witcher 2 in the gog sale already. Guessing its only possible to redeem a steam copy of it on gog and not a gog copy in steam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Just spotted that the older Tomb Raider games are 60 and 80 cents! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Waiting for borderlands goty to drop a bit more seeing as I own it for xbox and bought the witcher 2 in the gog sale already. Guessing its only possible to redeem a steam copy of it on gog and not a gog copy in steam?

Google how to add non-steam games to Steam, you'll be able to use steam to launch it/organise it in your library, but it won't have any achievements/badges etc.

Advertisement