Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

wait til you finish Hotline Miami. Then you go back for the impossible A grade.

Working on that, throwing knives seems to be the way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Lots of great indie titles around at the moment. Hoping Gunpoint and Kerbal SP get a good discount at some point in the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Screw it, got the Last Remnant too, really giving in to impulse buys :o I'd meant to stick to games I'd intended to buy before the sale. Oh well, I'd spend as much on a few pints tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Speaking of indie games, super hexagon is €1.01 or €1.69 for a two pack. Frustrating Fun game if you want a challenge for your reflexes. http://store.steampowered.com/app/221640/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Monotype wrote: »
    Speaking of indie games, super hexagon is €1.01 or €1.69 for a two pack. Frustrating Fun game if you want a challenge for your reflexes. http://store.steampowered.com/app/221640/

Thanks,Just picked it up. Looks like some fun to be had :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Links234 wrote: »
    Screw it, got the Last Remnant too, really giving in to impulse buys :o I'd meant to stick to games I'd intended to buy before the sale. Oh well, I'd spend as much on a few pints tbh

You gotta love the way Irish people use the "I'd spend more on a few pints" or "sure that's less than a price of a pint" excuse to justify buying anything under a tenner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

You gotta love love the way Irish people use the "I'd spend more on a few pints" or "sure that's less than a price of a pint" excuse to justify buying anything under a tenner :D

During college we used to count out/gauge the cost of things in the price of pints.. €15? Sure that's like 5 pints :P

During college we used to count out/gauge the cost of things in the price of pints.. €15? Sure that's like 5 pints :P

€15 for 5 pints! what age are you? 50? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You gotta love the way Irish people use the "I'd spend more on a few pints" or "sure that's less than a price of a pint" excuse to justify buying anything under a tenner :D

If you can find games for less than €2, it's great to think that you bought a game for less than a bar of chocolate. I've bought some crap with that thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Student bar prices, presumably. Though even at that, that's really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:confused:

My local has €3 pints all day, every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

:confused:

My local has €3 pints all day, every day.

Could I get directions? Cheapest I've seen is €3.40, and I'm pretty positive it's just carbonated, frothy, amber water.

You can get a pint of Tuborg or Tennents for 2.50 here in town in most pubs, although it is p*ss.

Considering some of the stuff I'd drink, I'd get a lot for the price of a couple of drinks ;) Another Jaipur there! :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Considering some of the stuff I'd drink, I'd get a lot for the price of a couple of drinks ;) Another Jaipur there! :D

Christ that stuff only goes well with a curry

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Could I get directions? Cheapest I've seen is €3.40, and I'm pretty positive it's just carbonated, frothy, amber water.
    Xenji wrote: »
    You can get a pint of Tuborg or Tennents for 2.50 here in town in most pubs, although it is p*ss.

OUT! GET OUT! Tuborg is a decent beer, I'd have it over Heineken/Bud anyday.

Buds around €1.80 where I drink but thats cans at home :) Pints cost €3.80 in the local and the rare time I've drank in Dublin it's been a fair bit more

Could a mod please move this discussion to a "gamers looking for cheap drinks" thread please :D

Could a mod please move this discussion to a "gamers looking for cheap drinks" thread please :D

No flash deal for another 30 minutes, we need something to plug the gap between now and then :D

Universe Sandbox won. How good is it anyway?

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Universe Sandbox won. How good is it anyway?

No idea. But for €2?

Sure that's less than the cost of, eh, a 2 litre bottle of Coke.

No flash deal for another 30 minutes, we need something to plug the gap between now and then :D

If there was a Community CHoice between a range of beers, there'd be war!

I will take it for 2 quid, looks interesting.

I actually went to the game page. I'll be buying, for sure.

In all seriousness, it's supposed to be more an astrophysics sim than a game, and many complained of a lot of bugs on release. But reviews seem positive, and it could well have been patched up by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If there was a Community CHoice between a range of beers, there'd be war!

We're gamers, a community choice between energy drinks would be more apt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

titan18 wrote: »
    Monster, and fie on anyone who disagrees!

titan18 wrote: »

Yes, which energy drink do you find goes best with Jagermeister :pac:

I can't be a cork sniffer about energy drinks tho!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yes, which energy drink do you find goes best with Jagermeister :pac:
    I'm gonna stick with Monster :pac:

Advertisement