Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I voted for System Shock 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Universe Sandbox and I Am Alive for me.

Stay away from I Am Alive, it is a bug ridden mess on the PC, has got awful reviews across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Anyone know what extra content is in Tomb Raider: Survival Edition ?

Xenji wrote: »
    Stay away from I Am Alive, it is a bug ridden mess on the PC, has got awful reviews across the board.
    Aw, damn it.

Anyone know what extra content is in Tomb Raider: Survival Edition ?

It comes with a weapon dlc and a special pouch, if you bought the boxed version you got a lot more.

• Advertisement

Aw, damn it.

You have a PS3 don't you, you can get it on the PSN fairly cheap at the moment and it is the best version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

It comes with a weapon dlc and a special pouch, if you bought the boxed version you got a lot more.

Oh ok thanks. Do you think it's worth the extra 2 yoyos ?

You have a PS3 don't you, you can get it on the PSN fairly cheap at the moment and it is the best version of it.
    I do, but I don't have it at the moment. Gave it a lend to a friend who sold off his 360 and PS3 and sticks to PC gaming. Figured he had to play Ni No Kuni. I've already paid for it anyhow, though if its unplayable, I'll get it at another time. I'd rather play it on a proper system if it's that bad. Is it really that bad?

Nope add's nothing to the game, you can also get a digital booklet, map and soundtrack and a comic, you only get 3 new weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

By the look of it no. Bump up to the whole collection for 2 more though. That would be worth it.

• Advertisement

I do, but I don't have it at the moment. Gave it a lend to a friend who sold off his 360 and PS3 and sticks to PC gaming. Figured he had to play Ni No Kuni. I've already paid for it anyhow, though if its unplayable, I'll get it at another time. I'd rather play it on a proper system if it's that bad. Is it really that bad?

Yeah it was kinda of a second thought port, it was originally meant to just come out on the PS3, so it was created with the system in mind. Then for some reason it came out as a rushed job on XBL and a month before the proper version came out on the PSN. Oh Ni No Kuni, loved that game, cannot wait for Tales of Xillia next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Falthyron wrote: »
    Giving Baldur's Gate my vote. Never played it despite playing nearly all of BioWare's early stuff.

It's been much much cheaper recently on GOG in a massive Dungeons & Dragons pack so its not a great price. System Shock 2 is more tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Vote for System Shock!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just went ahead and finally bought Borderlands 2 + Pass for 20 quid. Seems like a good deal to me. Lots of my friends seem to have loads of hours on it, and videos make it look good. What do I actually get with this pass thing anyway? Everyone on here went on about it a lot, so it kinda pushed me towards getting it regardless

That brings me to around 26quid in total. CS:GO (which refuses to let me play the prick!) Hotline Maimi, and Borderlands 2. Decent haul so far. Still want Prison Arch. - Only 10% off atm. Hopefully a flash/daily brings it to at least 50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mister Man wrote: »
    Just went ahead and finally bought Borderlands 2 + Pass for 20 quid. Seems like a good deal to me. Lots of my friends seem to have loads of hours on it, and videos make it look good. What do I actually get with this pass thing anyway? Everyone on here went on about it a lot, so it kinda pushed me towards getting it regardless

That brings me to around 26quid in total. CS:GO (which refuses to let me play the prick!) Hotline Maimi, and Borderlands 2. Decent haul so far. Still want Prison Arch. - Only 10% off atm. Hopefully a flash/daily brings it to at least 50%

I doubt Prison Arch will go that low, they're still in alpha.

There are 4 DLC packs with extra story/quest stuff. The only content that is out now (and not crappy skins or something for characters) is two extra playable characters you'd have to buy separately from the pass. I can't comment on how good they are to play, someone else will have to do that. There will be more DLC to come for the game at some point. It's a bit early to be thinking about that now, though, you have enough stuff with what you have to keep you busy for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I doubt Prison Arch will go that low, they're still in alpha.

A man can dream :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A man can dream :o

Same, it's caught my eye as well a while ago. Was thinking about buying it anyway, for the craic. But I'll wait just a little longer. Maybe version 14.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

For those that have bought The Last Remnant, there is a PC tweaking guide that was recommended to me when I bought it off of GMG a few months ago for £1.20. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet are trying the tweak guide myself yet but here's the link.
    http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Is it just me or does anyone think the sale is a bit weak so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Grrrrr, so I figured it would be easier to put money into the Steam Wallet(first time). Tried buying something and I cant until the 19th of July, what a crock of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Asmodean wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone think the sale is a bit weak so far?

I was hoping it would be but I've still spent over €20 without buying anything i was "waiting" for. :(

Every goddamn year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

System shock 2 for €2.50? Yes, please. First purchase of the sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Anyone wrote: »
    Grrrrr, so I figured it would be easier to put money into the Steam Wallet(first time). Tried buying something and I cant until the 19th of July, what a crock of ****.

I did the same last week (used PayPal for the first time), but it only excluded me from using the market - not the actual store. Seems stupid that they'd prevent someone spending money in the sale! What really annoys me is that if they had a proper support system in place, they could easily get you to verify the new source of funds, instead of waiting out some arbitrary period of time.

Same thing when I recently had to use the password reset function, except that I was excluded for a month! I'm glad they have checks and measures in place, but please, let us be a bit more proactive.

Oh, and yay, System Shock 2 for less than the cost of a whatever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Accounting Software: "You Need a Budget 4" - novel use of steam I'll grant you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Metro last light is fantastic, worth it even at full price ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Heh, I like the irony of "You Need a Budget".

I can heartily recommend Mark of the Ninja and Orcs Must Die. Anyone any experience of Deadlight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Manach wrote: »
    Accounting Software: "You Need a Budget 4" - novel use of steam I'll grant you that.

Actually considering this.....how bad does that make me?

I do tend to do up excel budgets every few weeks so its a steam purchase I'd actually use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Bah! UPlay is down which means I can't activate Far Cry 3 or Blood Dragon. Suppose that's what I get for actually trying to play a game I bought in a Steam sale :(

Any luck logging on to uplay? I'm in the same boat, trying to activate Blood Dragon.

Advertisement