Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Anyone moved to a different country and subsequently had problems buying games from Steam? just worried in case I can't spend all my money when the sale goes live, was going to make a test purchase but nothing there takes my fancy at the moment.
    If you've moved abroad but are still using an Irish Dedit/Credit card then you need to access Steam via its Ireland-specific link: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone moved to a different country and subsequently had problems buying games from Steam? just worried in case I can't spend all my money when the sale goes live, was going to make a test purchase but nothing there takes my fancy at the moment.

Have you moved for an extended period of time? If so you can drop a line to Steam support to let them know and they will make sure that any possible restrictions will be relaxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just wipe your cache and use a different credit card. Then use the local currency. You might need an address to go with it, so know a few local post codes, the address shouldn't have to be real.

One way around it is to always use paypal on top of the card for your Irish purchases. Then use the raw credit card for somewhere else. If you move around a lot, then you pretty much need to have several cards unless you want to be sending them a lot of emails.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Monotype wrote: »
    Just wipe your cache and use a different credit card. Then use the local currency. You might need an address to go with it, so know a few local post codes, the address shouldn't have to be real.

One way around it is to always use paypal on top of the card for your Irish purchases. Then use the raw credit card for somewhere else. If you move around a lot, then you pretty much need to have several cards unless you want to be sending them a lot of emails.

Just one ticket should do if you travel extensively. Support will check over your purchase history to make sure what you are saying is legitimate.

Of course for some there is the generous friend gifting option ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Tinie wrote: »
    Does gamestop sell steam wallet gift cards in store?

They had them in the Galway store about 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Of course for some there is the generous friend gifting option ...
    I think there's something wrong with my Steam account, I can't find any generous friends. I do however have the "if you're buying it for yourself, will you get me one and I'll pay you back" family member friend.

Is there anyway to to swap?!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

MadYaker wrote: »
    You know theres a steam app right? You can use it to buy stuff.

again my Itouch is an old one and the software can't update anymore so I can't get it (Yet again thankfully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I went into gamestop and bought a 20 euro steam wallet code,the guy behind the counter accidently gave me two 20 euro codes hehe :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

wyrn wrote: »
    I think there's something wrong with my Steam account, I can't find any generous friends. I do however have the "if you're buying it for yourself, will you get me one and I'll pay you back" family member friend.

Is there anyway to to swap?!
    Sadly steam trading won't work that way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm off on holidays next Thursday to Croatia for a fortnight.

If I see a Steam bargain that I can't resist, will I still be able to make my purchase over there without downloading anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can buy something off the site using a web browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

zenmeya wrote: »
    Hi, guys, don't miss the most exciting, so interesting, don't miss:

I'm so sorry if this isnt a malicious website but I will go with my gut and say it is. Guys don't click that site,The comment the poster added seems like that used by malware to spread. The site could be a java driveby,steer clear!

Angron wrote: »
    You can buy something off the site using a web browser.

You can even use the Steam mobile app to buy games these days. Very dangerous! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I'm off on holidays next Thursday to Croatia for a fortnight.

If I see a Steam bargain that I can't resist, will I still be able to make my purchase over there without downloading anything?
    Yes. Again, you may need to use a country-specific Steam link to pay with an Irish card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Reekwind wrote: »
    If you've moved abroad but are still using an Irish Dedit/Credit card then you need to access Steam via its Ireland-specific link: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ie

I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to pay the higher Euro rates :p
    Have you moved for an extended period of time? If so you can drop a line to Steam support to let them know and they will make sure that any possible restrictions will be relaxed.

Here for at least a year so fired them off a ticket just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    This will be my 1st Steam sale should be interesting :)
    same here

Does steam accept visa debit cards because it wouldn't accept mine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Using mine (Ulster Bank) with no problem.

Mine is bank of Ireland bunch of knobs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

AIB works fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

A paypal account works for nearly all the game downloading sites(including Steam),its an extra layer of security also when your putting precious credit/debit card details online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Mine is bank of Ireland bunch of knobs

BOI works for me

thing is pay pal takes 3 working days for a top up and it wont let me confirm my bank account

I'm going to try buy rising storm and I will let you know how I get on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yes. Works fine with my Irish and UK Visas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

thing is pay pal takes 3 working days for a top up and it wont let me confirm my bank account

Are you sure you've done it right where Paypal takes a nominal amount (I think €1.50) and you enter the last 4 digits of the transaction code on Paypal as it appears on your bank statement?

Paypal claim 1-2 working days and the sale won't be for another week at the very earliest, more than likely two weeks.

What's stopping you from using the debit card directly with Steam?

This came up when I tried;
    Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It worked fine for me straight away,there is a code you have to enter for account confirmation that will occur on usually the next bank statement you get,or if you have internet banking you can check account transactions for a €1.50 charge to paypal followed by a 4 digit code. Which you then log into paypal and enter for account confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

This came up when I tried;
    Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again.

ye might want to get in touch with the bank about that, check your funds, check that it's able to make online purchases, definitely the right number, right address and name etc..

• Advertisement

I have called more than once and my info is correct

Advertisement