Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Links234 wrote: »
    Metro last light is fantastic, worth it even at full price ;)

I found a key for 16£. No its not on lipping amazon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

girlfriend got it for me as a present when it came out, really terrific game ;)

just got System Shock 2 :o
    definitely buying a lot more than I intended to, and still kinda surprised I've not spent all that much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Godammit, I got System Shock 2 for a fiver 2/3 weeks ago on GOG - nows its €2.50 in the Steam sale! Cheated! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

SS2 for me too, along with Fez a when it was on daily deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked up System Shock 2 for €2.49 :D , still waiting on a decent Skyrim drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

glynf wrote: »
    Any luck logging on to uplay? I'm in the same boat, trying to activate Blood Dragon.

Yeah, it was back up for an hour or so yesterday and I managed to get both games activated during that window. Thankfully I can now play them offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That budgeting software is meant to be quality. I was considering it at full price a few months back. Then I just resorted to excel and android app. Not as tempted by it now as I've already made my budget for the entire year. :)
    Sim City 4 is an absolute gem of a game. Quality stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

RedXIV wrote: »
    Actually considering this.....how bad does that make me?

I do tend to do up excel budgets every few weeks so its a steam purchase I'd actually use!

I bought it during the last sale. Its handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Actually considering this.....how bad does that make me?

I do tend to do up excel budgets every few weeks so its a steam purchase I'd actually use!

You can get a demo of it to test it out, it lasts for 30 odd days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

shaneb92 wrote: »
    You can get a demo of it to test it out, it lasts for 30 odd days

But the sale only lasts 8 hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone know why I can't buy Tomb Raider Anniversary on it's own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Glad I got the Tomb Raiders ( I - VI ) when I did .

They're now at -75% ( €1.74 each) instead of -92% ( €.62 each )

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Heh, I like the irony of "You Need a Budget".

I can heartily recommend Mark of the Ninja and Orcs Must Die. Anyone any experience of Deadlight?

I enjoyed dead light on Xbox but it only cost 400 pts so I'd pay no more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

But the sale only lasts 8 hours!!

ya but you can mess around with the demo and see if it does everything you want it to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Anyone know why I can't buy Tomb Raider Anniversary on it's own?

It seems to be unavailable in Europe for some reason .

Some people are having success buying it from the US Steam store -

http://steamcommunity.com/app/8000/discussions/0/864973123747891246/#p1

Have a read before trying ,

Not sure if a change of payment will restrict further purchases .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

sweetie wrote: »
    I enjoyed dead light on Xbox but it only cost 400 pts so I'd pay no more than that

Not familiar with their points system. What would that equate to in euro? Or better yet, what's that in pints? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Doobs

I know it's been said a lot already but if you haven't picked up FTL yet, it's well worth gettin. It provides way more than 2.49 worth of enjoyment;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone played Dawn of Fantasy - Kingdom Wars before, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vote for Deadlight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Not familiar with their points system. What would that equate to in euro? Or better yet, what's that in pints? :pac:

About 5 euro. Its suppose to be good but plays better with a controller. Bought it myself couple of months ago and have yet to play it.

Here is the one I bought. Might go down with the steam sale.I got it for $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B1ULJI0/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1373798551&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX112_SY192

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,317 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jet Black wrote: »
    About 5 euro. Its suppose to be good but plays better with a controller. Bought it myself couple of months ago and have yet to play it.

It's less than 4 euro depending where you buy the points from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone played Dawn of Fantasy - Kingdom Wars before, is it any good?

Wondering this myself. It seems interesting but not sure how well the idea would work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Is there ever a point to buy a game on sale that you don't intend to play in the next 6 months (until the next sale)? There's a lot of games I'd intend to play at some stage but have a backlog preventing me anytime soon and I'm trying to convince myself that its better to wait. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Downlinz wrote: »
    Is there ever a point to buy a game on sale that you don't intend to play in the next 6 months (until the next sale)? There's a lot of games I'd intend to play at some stage but have a backlog preventing me anytime soon and I'm trying to convince myself that its better to wait. :pac:

Almost everything I bought so far has been less than €5 or something I can't see it getting any cheaper. Buy it as a gift then you can add it when you have time to play or if it comes out in a humble bundle you can trade/give away the steam copy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

System shock 2 was amazing at the time, dunno if I'd play it now hmmm

tumblr_mlorurgQTM1rojlt6o1_r1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yes, buying games in a Steam sale releases powerful endorphines called gabens. It's an immeasurable high that lasts until your next credit card bill is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Doobs wrote: »
    I know it's been said a lot already but if you haven't picked up FTL yet, it's well worth gettin. It provides way more than 2.49 worth of enjoyment;)!

Add to that, the 6 card drops from the game, you've pretty much paid for it in full by selling them on the market. A must buy really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

I tend to hold off. The only problem is when you get a hunger to play a certain game that you don't have and the Steam sale is months away. You end up trawling the internet looking for the cheapest price, usually ending in a "why didn't I pick it up on Steam when it was on sale?" and then paying over the odds. I'm looking at you Morrowind GOTY.

So, outside of accumulating games for your collection, you have to try and anticipate your future gaming whims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Sure, but only if it's deeply discounted and unlikely to be cheaper anytime soon.
    It's crystal ball territory though.

If it's a newish game your after, I'd say hold off till Xmas sales.

Advertisement