Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nephew wanted to play SimCity 4 so thats been bought also.

Havent played that game in a good 5 years I reckon, he may not get to play much of it if I get back into it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nephew wanted to play SimCity 4 so thats been bought also.

Havent played that game in a good 5 years I reckon, he may not get to play much of it if I get back into it. :pac:

Not sure what age your nephew is but Sim City 4 is devilishly tough. You could spend hours zoning land and making consistent losses until you basically have your city housing numerous prisons and toxic waste facilities that the Gov of Sim Nation pay you to host in your city. (Yup, things can get that desperate.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nearly 11, but hes into MMORPGs and Sim type games anyway, seen me playing FM13 and i was telling him the wonders and pains of the Steam sale and he swas browsing what games were available.

If he has no interest I'll just pick it up and play away, for only 2.99 it aint going to break the bank.

:)

jmvP5Kq.jpg

Ahh 10's fine. It's as you say no guarantee but if he does like it the difficulty curve will provide him with a great sense of effort and reward. Plus forward planning. :D
    Hopefully he'll like it because it's a real charmer of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Downlinz wrote: »
    Is there ever a point to buy a game on sale that you don't intend to play in the next 6 months (until the next sale)? There's a lot of games I'd intend to play at some stage but have a backlog preventing me anytime soon and I'm trying to convince myself that its better to wait. :pac:

I dont buy games for more than 5 because of this. I still have morrowind, oblivion, skyrim and new vegas to play. That would keep me going for next few years alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

75% off the Total War collection coming up at 6pm, according to TW's Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

75% off the Total War collection coming up at 6pm, according to TW's Facebook page.

Ffs now i have to go buy another steam voucher. Hope I have enough food for the week already.

Already own empire but Im guessing for 35 (i think) its worth it for all the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

If that includes Rome 2, I'm sold :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bought all of the Total War games last sale - played in total 3 hours. :pac:

One of the franchise I would love to get in to, but I just cant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd be more interested in Dawn of War :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Stardrive? Yay or Nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I loved all the Total War games, but hated the combat, always just auto resolved the battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Agent J wrote: »
    Stardrive? Yay or Nay?

It's a one man 4x game with all the pros and cons that brings. (They also has a new kid born into the family with all the disruption that brings...) If you're willing to take a gamble that he'll patch it enough to get rid of the major problems it's worth a tenner. If you're willing to put up with bugs when it's not a mid-large developer making the game, it's worth a tenner. It's also very moddable, there are no modding tools yet but people are messing with the code already to improve the tech tree etc.

If you want a game that'll work well after you install it though, hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm wondering if the publishers put the prices up before the sale. Darksiders 2 is 80% off, but it's still €9.99. That's the normal price in PSN store, for example.

Orcs must die 2 is €3.74 (75% off), but I don't think I paid that much for it in the last sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

System shock 2 was amazing at the time, dunno if I'd play it now hmmm

There's a load of mods around to update the graphics if you're worried it's dated badly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,317 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the publishers put the prices up before the sale. Darksiders 2 is 80% off, but it's still €9.99. That's the normal price in PSN store, for example.

Orcs must die 2 is €3.74 (75% off), but I don't think I paid that much for it in the last sale.

They definitely do.

Polar101 wrote: »

There is some games who's prices did go up before the sale. Stardock was definitely a culprit there.
    Orcs must die 2 though hasn't changed RRP on Steam in over a year.

Darksiders II had an RRP drop in Dec of 2012 and it increased again in Mar of 2013.

Judging by the data the two you cited aren't actually guilty of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I have TW Shogun 2,Rise and Fall of the Sam and Rome Total War,still tempted to get some others.

Love the battles in Shogun 2,nothing like orchestrating a perfect ambush or winning when out numbered:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just FYI, I bought a £10 voucher for Steam in Game (still on my trip) and it auto-converted to euro (with a crappy exchange rate). I'll know better next time and have my sister's address on file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭thegame983

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I have TW Shogun 2,Rise and Fall of the Sam and Rome Total War,still tempted to get some others.

Love the battles in Shogun 2,nothing like orchestrating a perfect ambush or winning when out numbered:D

Get Medieval 2 Gold edition

Amazing. Waiting for this. Just so you know the Grand Master Collection DOES NOT include medieval 2 kingdoms & rome: alexander. so you would would need to grab those separately. definitely get kingdoms but they will be very cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Damnit.

I'm considering RPGMaker VX.

I dont need it, I don't even want it per se, but it's throwing some serious eyes.

What's that? Do I come here often? A bit, to meet little minxes like you. I must work out? Stop it, you're making me blush. *Giggle* *Flirtatious touching*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

thegame983 wrote: »
    Get Medieval 2 Gold edition

This. It's wonderful, even if the graphics have aged a fair bit. Empire is playable when modded heavily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I'm currently in Spain and am getting charged double the price for items for some reason, so im wondering what do you guys expect will be back on sale on the final day?

nesf wrote: »
    This. It's wonderful, even if the graphics have aged a fair bit. Empire is playable when modded heavily.

Agreed. Havn't really played empire just Rome & medieval 2. The modding community for these games is outstanding. Grab Rome Total realism 7 (for Rome total war) and Stainless steel (for medieval 2: kingdoms)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ok, hmm, kinda speechless right now. I just finished 'To The Moon'. Wow. Powerful, emotional, funny, and just plain wonderful.

This little game is €2.39 and should be played by as many people as possible.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/

Buy it now and enjoy four hours of wonderful, and beautiful story telling. I would encourage anyone and everyone to buy it. Seriously.

If you don't shed eye-sweat, you have no soul.

I am THAT impressed with this, I am giving away a copy in the SteamGifts thread.

Get it now, you will NOT regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Quick question,

I have a FM2013 and Bioshock Infinite trading cards from voting and buying BL2. What the hell do they do!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Falthyron wrote: »
    Ok, hmm, kinda speechless right now. I just finished 'To The Moon'. Wow. Powerful, emotional, funny, and just plain wonderful.

This little game is €2.39 and should be played by as many people as possible.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/

Buy it now and enjoy four hours of wonderful, and beautiful story telling. I would encourage anyone and everyone to buy it. Seriously.

If you don't shed eye-sweat, you have no soul.

I am THAT impressed with this, I am giving away a copy in the SteamGifts thread.

Get it now, you will NOT regret it.

Yeah, played it on my ex's laptop and found it a poignant, tearful joy. I second your recommendation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Vicxas wrote: »
    Quick question,

I have a FM2013 and Bioshock Infinite trading cards from voting and buying BL2. What the hell do they do!?

If it's anything like the other trading cards, **** all! You can sell them on the market place I believe. Probably net you less then a quid :pac:

Advertisement