Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Thank god i own everything good thats on sale today :pac:

Voted for TL2 so it will lose based off how every vote has gone so far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is Kerbal really worth 13 quid, has anyone played it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Doom BFG edition is all that's appealing to me, but I'm not sure it's worth the fiver, which probably means I shouldn't buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Actually, think I'll pass on Kerbal. Just like Prison Architect, I'd prefer to buy when they're a bit more "finished".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Doom 3: BFG Edition 75% off and €7.49 on the store.

It's $4.99 on the US store, so no chance I'm going to buy it for €7.49

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Xenji wrote: »

i have about 8 hours played. its fun but its really just a sandbox game (and lacking items atm) as its still early in Development.

I enjoy it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Xenji wrote: »

I've found watching YouTube videos of someone competent playing it is more entertaining than playing it incompetently myself.

abbir wrote: »

There's a chance it'll appear on Amazon.com at the US price (Fallout games too maybe).

NTMK wrote: »
    i have about 8 hours played. its fun but its really just a sandbox game (and lacking items atm) as its still early in Development.

I enjoy it though

Might wait till it is a bit more finished then, like the premise of the game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nowt for me again today.

I'm getting off pretty light.

Has anyone else noticed that if they pick the Fallout: NV tab, it just refreshes the page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Damn, buying all the Fallout: New Vegas DLC is more expensive than
    buying the complete Fallout:NV Ultimate Edition. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If anyone's REALLY desperate for a game at US prices I can buy it for you and gift it if you Paypal me the moneys. Hardly worth it for a couple of quid, but there might be something pricier down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Nowt for me again today.

I'm getting off pretty light.

Has anyone else noticed that if they pick the Fallout: NV tab, it just refreshes the page?

yup does that for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

There's a chance it'll appear on Amazon.com at the US price (Fallout games too maybe).

It's a flash sale so amazon won't price match.

It's a flash sale so amazon won't price match.

Ah fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They did that with LA Noire as well the other day, was $5 on the US store but then €7.50 in the Euro store. That was just the base game too, not the complete pack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eador 11.39,yes please :).

The Sims 3 for €22.50 is completely ridiculious. The US Origin store is having a sale where you can get the same base game for $5. There may be some way around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The Sims 3 for €22.50 is completely ridiculious. The US Origin store is having a sale where you can get the same base game for $5. There may be some way around it.

I'd say that's EA giving Valve the ole FU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Tempted by Eador...
    But will I play it before the Winter Sale, where it may be cheaper?
    Does such logic belong in a Steam sale...?

Voted for Gunpoint - I already have Torchlight II and, while I like the look of Don't Starve, I think I'll hold off 'til it's free on PS+

• Advertisement

Torchlight II will be a top Daily Deal at somepoint anyway (it's one of the trading cards for the Sale) so vote for Gunpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,175 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since I know ones here were looking for Tomb Raider Anniversary, I see you can actually buy it seperately now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Anyone else think Prison Architect is way too expensive for what it is? ... an unfinished game.

Torchlight II will be a top Daily Deal at somepoint anyway (it's one of the trading cards for the Sale) so vote for Gunpoint.

I have got 4 Torchlight II cards already.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Prison Architect is way too expensive for what it is? ... an unfinished game.

Im hopeing it will go down to the €10 mark

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gavmcg92 wrote: »

Hmm I don't really think so, I like the fact that you get to play it as it progresses, you still get the finished game. However you may be right that it should do a minecraft, cheaper for those that get it earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Im hopeing it will go down to the €10 mark

Can't see that happening for the same reason planetary annihilation won't drop.

125k people have paid full price at least so I don't think they're in any rush discount it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Jet Black wrote: »
    Can't see that happening for the same reason planetary annihilation won't drop.

125k people have paid full price at least so I don't think they're in any rush discount it.

Same could have been said for Kerbal Space Program and that's down 40% today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'm tempted to get Kerbal Space Program.
    Here's a cool unofficial trailer for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭TheBikeGuy

4 story packs and it means you have the necessary parts for any mods you may want.

YOu may want to wait though. I got the GOTY for a fiver in a Steam Sale.

Cheers for the advice just picked it up there for a fiver :)

I'd bought New Vegas the other day, while I was waiting for fallout 3 GOTY to drop in price, have it finished already :pac:

Advertisement