Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get Kerbal Space Program.
    Here's a cool unofficial trailer for it.

There's a nasty bug in it that causes you to loose save data.
    From what I'm reading on twitter it looks like the patch won't go live till after the sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Eador 11.39,yes please :).

I've heard that it's buggy as ****, but I do really like the look of it. Has anyone played and can comment on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Niska wrote: »
    Tempted by Eador...
    But will I play it before the Winter Sale, where it may be cheaper?
    Does such logic belong in a Steam sale...?

Voted for Gunpoint - I already have Torchlight II and, while I like the look of Don't Starve, I think I'll hold off 'til it's free on PS+

Eador is good and worth the money however, some caveats apply:

It's come a long way since release yet it still has bugs. This does not bother me as the developers seem to be putting a monumental effort into stamping them out. It's an argument for waiting though. It's definitely playable right now though.

Most strategic information and discussion about the game is in Russian. Now, the bilingual Russians in the community are translating the better parts of this but it's going to take time. Also some Russian streamers have being doing some basics/early advanced strategy videos in English for us. Again, an argument for waiting.

Personally I'm enjoying the game. It's quite old-school in terms of its difficulty level and the learning curve. I like this, some won't. It's good, if you like the sub-genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Can anybody explain the concept of the item inventory to me? It says I have a bunch of items in my inventory that I can sell but who buys them exactly? Why do I set a different price for what I get vs what the buyer pays? Why would anyone buy them? Is there any reason that I should keep them?

I've tried searching buy I just can't figure it out.:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Other steam users buy them. There is a different price because valve takes a cut, 15% or so. They are for levelling up your steam account and such, which gives you customization options, smileys etc. nothing much really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is FM 2013 likely to drop below it's current €17.49 during the sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Definitely seen it for less a day or two ago.

These cards. Once you put some up for sale is it possible to change the price you put on them ? Can't seem to find a way to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was 9 Euro on Thursday or Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭thegame983

Xenji wrote: »
    Was 9 Euro on Thursday or Friday

Yeah. I was annoyed that I missed it during a flash sale. I would think that it would be up as a daily deal at some stage this week

thegame983 wrote: »
    Yeah. I was annoyed that I missed it during a flash sale. I would think that it would be up as a daily deal at some stage this week

It will probably come back as it is one of the trading card games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I already own most (if not all) of the Total War games, but I really want to buy the Total War Grand Master Collection. €34.99 for all that content is just irresistible... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Falthyron wrote: »
    I already own most (if not all) of the Total War games, but I really want to buy the Total War Grand Master Collection. €34.99 for all that content is just irresistible... :P

What ones are you missing if you have most of them? Hardly worth 34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

What ones are you missing if you have most of them? Hardly worth 34.99

lol, not gonna buy it. Just saying... even though I own it, I want to be able to buy such a good deal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

What total war games/dlc would people recommend? I only have empire

Medieval II: Total War Gold Edition and Rome Total War Gold Edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know if Kentuky Route Zero has dropped below 25% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Definitely seen it for less a day or two ago.

These cards. Once you put some up for sale is it possible to change the price you put on them ? Can't seem to find a way to change it.

steam>community>market then it will list what you have for sale. You can remove and change the price on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

All very good. It depends if you are willing to mod cause if you are Medieval 2 can be anything from a Asian wars strategy game to a LotR strategy game to a Warhammer strategy.

Same with Rome 1. Excellent mods. Im still playing both.

Napoleon is a smaller but vastly improved Empire. My first total War I absolutely adore it with Darthmod.

Shogun 2 is excellent fun and the expansion. May get a bit boring with the one setting and the homogeneous units but the unit packs provide variety. Fall of the samurai is just plain mad fun. Gatling guns versus spear levy in beautifully animated murder.

The lass three: Napoleon, Empire and Shogun 2 are made much better with Darthmod and becom very challenging games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Which would be better for the 5er, Fallout NV or Fallout 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'd say Fallout 3, but that's just me. That isn't the GOTY though, is it? I think some people are holding out for a GOTY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'd say Fallout 3, but that's just me. That isn't the GOTY though, is it? I think some people are holding out for a GOTY.

Fallout 3: GOTY is €5 as well, jsut search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'd get Eador, but my Steam Summer Sale Budget (SSSB) rules block buying games that are only 40% off.

1 hour 20 minutes to download 16 gigs of Witcher 2, I thought it would take longer.

Yeah both cone with all the expansions for the 5er. Just not sure what to go with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭thegame983

marko93 wrote: »

Although Fallout 3 was a defining game I think new Vegas is more of the same but better. Never played the DLC but it's supposed to be great. Both GOTY versions are available for 4.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'd get Eador, but my Steam Summer Sale Budget (SSSB) rules block buying games that are only 40% off.

1 hour 20 minutes to download 16 gigs of Witcher 2, I thought it would take longer.

Took me about 6 hours to download 500MB of Soul Reaver...

In short, I hate you. :(

:pac:

New Vegas has some great DLC, especially Old World Blues.

Sniper Elite Zombie Nazis has got to be worth 3.73, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

marko93 wrote: »
    I enjoyed NV more.

thegame983 wrote: »
    Although Fallout 3 was a defining game I think new Vegas is more of the same but better. Never played the DLC but it's supposed to be great. Both GOTY versions are available for 4.99

I got all the DLC, they were great. Certainly added a lot to my second play through.

Sniper Elite Zombie Nazis has got to be worth 3.73, right?

It's repetitive, go here do this defend that and here's a big Zombie. Saying that, playing with friends was a good bit of craic. I paid full price and don't regret it! Nothing to lose!

I'll go for NV so. Steam tally for now: 10 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Need to clear up to some HD space. Correct me if I'm wrong but all I need to do to back up the games is to copy the Steamapps folder and the savefiles stored in my documents?

Been a while since I did this. :o

Advertisement