Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pretty sure on a quiet day you can get 50MB/s (not Mb/s) or more with a wired connection on the HEAnets. Somebody here mentioned UL and NUIG. I'd be curious to know what institution in Ireland is the fastest for, ahem, Steam downloads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Digy123 wrote: »
    I was an ambassador for the Efiber rollout,Back then I was getting 78 mbps download and 62 mbps upload.....Oh how I miss those speeds :(
    2836786741.png

That's worrying, what happened to your speeds?! Mine are great atm and I'd hate to lose it.

Jernal wrote: »
    Pretty sure on a quiet day you can get 50MB/s (not Mb/s) or more with a wired connection on the HEAnets. Somebody here mentioned UL and NUIG. I'd be curious to know what institution in Ireland is the fastest for, ahem, Steam downloads. :D

I don't think the speed tests you do in universities are very accurate cause they pretty much all use a proxy server with a cache so you're not even leaving the network for the speed test.

I don't think the speed tests you do in universities are very accurate cause they pretty much all use a proxy server with a cache so you're not even leaving the network for the speed test.

I was referring to actual Steam download rates. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Falthyron wrote: »
    One would assume then that you picked up 'You Need A Budget'?

Ah I was sorely tempted, but sure the online community is dead. :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh noice! Unless everyone's downloading the same game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If torchlight II wins the next vote it will hardly be any cheaper on a daily deal will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If torchlight II wins the next vote it will hardly be any cheaper on a daily deal will it?

Doubt it'll go below 75% off anyway. For the sack of a euro, I'll take my chances on the community (assuming it actually wins)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

torchlight 2 with 51%

Torchlight II by a big margin. Hopefully Gunpoint will still get a spot in a flash or daily deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Spec Ops: The Line up on a Flash Deal. Excellent game. A lot more depth than what the game might suggest from a first glance. Taken from Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness', and done very well.

Definitely recommend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So, what do people want a vote on? L4D2 or Infestation? I'm not thinking people are going to want Dead Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

99.99Mb in NUIM accommodation over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Who wants my vote?

DO NOT VOTE FOR INFESTATION

It is a cheap remarket of the War Z.

My votes gone for L4D2 as Riptide is a load of bollocks and Infestation is WarZ re-named (So, in words, a load of bollocks)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

War Z is that really bad rip-off of Day-Z for Arma, isn't it?

Yes. This is infestation people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

Angron wrote: »
    War Z is that really bad rip-off of Day-Z for Arma, isn't it?

That's the one! I have it myself. It was on sale a few weeks back for a little over 2 quid, and even at that price, I regret buying it! Terrible game! If anyone think it's interesting looking (All the screenshots make it looks good), I recommend buying Arma II CO for around 7 quid currently on steam. Then just install DayZ Commander.

Specs Ops is an ok shooter with an excellent story. The game leaves you with choices that affects outcomes but crucially the biggest choice of all is prohibited to one option and one option only. So basically, think Rainbow Six Vegas with a very good story but not as good shooting mechanics. Fun definitely and the story will keep you going until the end. You won't really want to replay it though.

• Advertisement

Already have (and love) L4D but voted for it anyway, to save people from themselves!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I remember I was tempted to get War Z when I heard about it, then I read some reviews, looked at a few vids, and realised it'd be a bad idea.

Already have (and love) L4D but voted for it anyway, to save people from themselves!

Lol me 2.
    Depending on what the next flash sales are like it I might actually end up buying AOE. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,724 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

always look at a games community page.

eg,

Kerbal Space Programs - fanart, fan vids, mods, liquid adoration for game
    Ace Combat - page after page of angry MAKE THIS WORK GIVE ME A REFUND threads

Hmmm, I had forgotten about the Swapper. Looks challenging but fun.

Oh ffs McSasquatch, stop talking yourself into buying more stuff! :mad:

Overheal wrote: »
    always look at a games community page.

eg,

Kerbal Space Programs - fanart, fan vids, mods, liquid adoration for game
    Ace Combat - page after page of angry MAKE THIS WORK GIVE ME A REFUND threads

To be fair, Anno still has the "Make this work" and I love it and have had zero issues with it but point taken. Now, stop tempting me to splash out on Kerbal Space Program!:mad:
    No, no, I don't need it. I don't. It's not even finished. It may look fun. I might probably have fun with it. I need it. I mean I don't. I mean, shut up! You were supposed to stop writing in the last paragraph. That art is lovely. Argh. I want it. But...I'm not sure.

See, Valve? That's what happens when something has only -40% beside it.

Yes. This is infestation people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

That chap is the biggest cock on YouTube! Does he like any game at all!? Granted, he is quite right on some games (like WarZ)

Mister Man wrote: »
    That chap is the biggest cock on YouTube! Does he like any game at all!? Granted, he is quite right on some games (like WarZ)

He does but he points out valid problems. He dosent sugar coat popular games like some others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mister Man wrote: »

He's honest, even when most people disagree with him. I like this even though some of his opinions wouldn't coincide with mine at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Damn it. Wasted my vote. When did they change the damn name to Infestation?

FFS.

Advertisement