Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

i thought they were pretty good tbh, i just had everything already :/

Great for someone like me, who has only recently moved over to PC gaming :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

My total so far -

Tomb Raider 1
    Tomb Raider 2
    Tomb Raider 3
    Tomb Raider 4
    Tomb Raider 5
    Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
    ( I couldn't resist the Tomb Raider games @ -92% . 62 cents each :) )

Overlord Complete Pack

Clive Barker's Jericho

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

I just added Mass Effect 1 as well .

I got the second one as part of the Indie Gala Mass Effect Bundle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Only thing I've been tempted by is Ereador but seeing as how they haven't delivered on their Mac version on release promise, I'll be passing on it.

Might pick up Borderlands 2 season pass at some point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Mass effect boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Totally getting 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Jernal wrote: »
    Everyone pls vote for Monaco. :)

Tempted by pro evo

I think this pro Evo is the best one in a long time, if your into football games then I think you can't go wrong with pro Evo 13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I was tempted by fallout new Vegas, but didn't get it. Yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

ninja 12 wrote: »

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

That game is awful, it looked like it could be good but the enemies endlessly respawn and they can see you from miles away. Very hard to understand what's going on too.

Its had a few patches but its still sh*t.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

EGriff wrote: »
    That game is awful, it looked like it could be good but the enemies endlessly respawn and they can see you from miles away. Very hard to understand what's going on too.

I gave up on it after I got hacked by a door.

It's very hard to understand what's going on and what you are meant to do. The menu setup in game is long, tedious and lacks any sort of logical navigation. The in game tutorial video's are played back at low res, which means you can't see what they are telling you to do.

I got it for about 2 quid or so because it seemed like it could be a bit of fun, but it was just so annoying to figure out what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Links234 wrote: »
    I was tempted by fallout new Vegas, but didn't get it. Yet

This applies to us all...

(for anyone who isn't familiar with the show, it's Parks and Rec)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is the Digital Edition of Mass Effect 2 worth it, are the weapons actually useful ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

It didn't really cost me anything , thanks to selling trading cards :)

I always thought it looked interesting , and thought "why not ? " after selling cards :)

EGriff wrote: »

I gave up on it after I got hacked by a door.

It's very hard to understand what's going on and what you are meant to do. The menu setup in game is long, tedious and lacks any sort of logical navigation. The in game tutorial video's are played back at low res, which means you can't see what they are telling you to do.

I got it for about 2 quid or so because it seemed like it could be a bit of fun, but it was just so annoying to figure out what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Just a reminder;

A few of the "indie" developers are selling their own games at the same price as the US Steam store. So if you buy from them, you'll be saving a few bob on the EU Steam store price (thanks to the ridiculous permanent exchange rates on Steam). Most will give you a Steam and DRM-free key for your trouble (a lot have their own storefront attached to the Humble Bundle site). The ones I've found so far;

The Swapper
    FTL
    Monaco
    Gunpoint
    Don't Starve

If you come across any more, post 'em!

Edit: Forgot to say, these devs will price match even when the games are further discounted by Steam on daily deals/flash sales etc. So wait til then for even better savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Was away for the weekend so missed a few, just bought Portal, Portal 2, Total War Shogun 2 ,Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2. Should help keep me in for the next few weekends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So what are people doing with their cards ? Last time I'd loads of items but never used them before the sale ended so lost them. Are people hanging on to them or selling them ? Will they be about after the sale ?

Im just selling any cards I already have. Might keep the spare summer cards as I expect them to become more valuable at the end. Dunno if I should just spend 1 euro to get the ones i need now and then profit with the others later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Anyone have any use for Runaway a road adventure ill happily donate it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just a reminder;

A few of the "indie" developers are selling their own games at the same price as the US Steam store. So if you buy from them, you'll be saving a few

The Swapper

The Swapper looks very good , anyone played it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

So €149 spent so far, not one game I planned on buying or on my wishlist and I, I think I need to lie down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Jet Black wrote: »
    So €149 spent so far, not one game I planned on buying or on my wishlist and I, I think I need to lie down.
    Yeah, you should. Next batch in 5 hours. Seriously, though, what did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Just woke up and found Mass Effect on Sale,I'm quite happy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

£68 so far
    Chivalry x2
    L4D2
    Tomb Raider Collection
    Fallout 3
    Fallout NV
    Tropico 4 Complete
    Sleeping Dogs
    Deadlight
    Bully
    Surgeon Simulator
    Witcher 2
    BF3 Premium

Not a bad haul :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Only got Dark Souls, I think that will do me. I tried a pirated version before but gave up on it due to its difficulty. Hopefully it will be easier with the multiplayer aspect thrown in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im really having to try to control myself, bought rome total war collection. Nearly got torchlight 2 and mass effect 1 but I still have to play through torchlight 1 and own all the MEs on xbox. Really with ME3 and DA2 didnt need origin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Grimebox wrote: »
    Only got Dark Souls, I think that will do me. I tried a pirated version before but gave up on it due to its difficulty. Hopefully it will be easier with the multiplayer aspect thrown in

Dark Souls is not an easy game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It's not called the "Prepare to Die" edition for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah Dark Souls, How i love you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've managed not to spend anything since Universe Sandbox in the Community Choice...

Was seriously tempted to pick up the Fallout NV DLC for a 5er, but resisted because I've yet to play either 3 or NV base games so I can wait until Christmas. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

So far my game tally has been;
    • Tomb Raider IV/V/VI - €1.86
    • The Witcher - €2
    • X3-Terran Conflict - €4
    • System Shock 2 - €2.50
    About €10 spent, out of a max €50 budget, not too bad.

I find using a pre-paid credit card linked to steam is far better than using PayPal,
    as it helps me focus on games I really want, and keeps me within the limited budget I have.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Has System Shock 2 aged ok?

Was tempted but I'd be afraid it'd be like the original Deus Ex. Mean to replay it and get through liberty island bit and then not bother continuing. Rinse and repeat every couple of years to allow nostalgia to build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Apparently, there are mods that will do wonders for it. I bought it and intend to look them up before playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Haven't bought anything yet. Only 2 things I really want and have HD space for, Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim and Age Of Empires 2 HD. AOE is 50% off now and I'm wondering if I should buy it or wait?

Edit: just saw Hitman Absolution is 75% off at €6.24, Id consider a must buy at that price, great game.

Advertisement