Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I've got my Visa linked to Steam... i feel like i'm personally going to crash the irish economy by the time this ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

MadYaker wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything yet. Only 2 things I really want and have HD space for, Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim and Age Of Empires 2 HD. AOE is 50% off now and I'm wondering if I should buy it or wait?

Edit: just saw Hitman Absolution is 75% off at €6.24, Id consider a must buy at that price, great game.

Age of Empires won't get any cheaper than that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Age of Empires won't get any cheaper than that...

How is the game itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,175 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got the middle 3 Tomb Raider games, IV, V and VI. Already have the first 3 on GOG and the last 3 from a previous steam sale, seemingly. Also already own the new Tomb Raider.

Funny thing is I have Chronicles on my shelf for the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

So far, I've picked up Torchlight II, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2 + Pass, CS:GO, The Binding of Isaac, Civ IV, Civ V, & Hotline Maimi. Not sure what my total is, as I've been using both my Visa, and PayPal account.
    Very tempted by Trine 2 Complete Story. Looks like a interesting game.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Has System Shock 2 aged ok?

Was tempted but I'd be afraid it'd be like the original Deus Ex. Mean to replay it and get through liberty island bit and then not bother continuing. Rinse and repeat every couple of years to allow nostalgia to build up.

I think it's aged amazingly. I only played it for the first time last year and found it a breath of fresh air. Install a couple of mods to improve some textures and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mister Man wrote: »
    So far, I've picked up Torchlight II, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2 + Pass, CS:GO, The Binding of Isaac, Civ IV, Civ V, & Hotline Maimi. Not sure what my total is, as I've been using both my Visa, and PayPal account.

Trine 2 is great fun! Played it co-op with the girlfriend and even though she isn't much of a gamer, she loved it. For that price? Sure, you would have to! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Falthyron wrote: »
    Trine 2 is great fun! Played it co-op with the girlfriend and even though she isn't much of a gamer, she loved it. For that price? Sure, you would have to! :D
    +1

Get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Jernal wrote: »
    How is the game itself?

Seems to be pretty much the exact same as the original with higher resolution textures etc. I'm enjoying it, I think it may be a scenario where I'd be delighted about it no matter what..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Thought I'd bash in a bit of Hotline Miami before work, Steam has other ideas, currently at 75kbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Anyone tried the Sherlock game?. Think I'll pick it up for herself. She's by no means a hardcore gamer, so should be reasonably easily satisfied.

Half tempted to pick up Fallout 3 and NV, even though I have/had them on Xbox. Is there any issues with 3 and Win7? Says it's not optimised for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For co-op playablity, I'd definitely recommend "Orcs must die 2". Main character is Ash from Evil Dead to the limits of the IP copyright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Civ III Complete for €2.49? Yoink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,175 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mister Man wrote: »

May as well pick up the first Trine as well since get them both for less than €5. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

So far:

Civ 5 Expansion
    The Walking Dead
    Anno 2070
    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
    Portal 2
    System Shock 2
    Tomb Raider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Star Wolves... 80% off... anyone played it? Looks pretty interesting on first look...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EnterNow wrote: »
    Civ III Complete for €2.49? Yoink

Is there any point in grabbing that if I already have V? Would rather get the DLC for V probably (only have the barebones version not gold), unless you convince me of course :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there any point in grabbing that if I already have V? Would rather get the DLC for V probably (only have the barebones version not gold), unless you convince me of course :pac:

Honestly? I havn't a clue, I've never played III before. But for €2.50, can you beat the cube turn it down?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Honestly? I havn't a clue, I've never played III before. But for €2.50, can you beat the cube turn it down?

Ah who am I kidding? Sure it's opnly the price of a cappucino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

3? nope. 4? Yup.

I finally got in to civ5 with all expansions and started enjoying it, but I am not sure it is better then fantastic 4.

If you got 5, I dont really see why would you need to get 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Get the gold upgrade/Gods and Kings first to really enjoy then move on to BNW when you have the cash.

3? nope. 4? Yup.

As a huge fan if Civ 2, getting III for €2.50 & never having played it before is a no brainer. Never played IV either, but V is utter class

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hopefully, inspite of the recent release, Brave New World gets a decent price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Manach wrote: »
    Hopefully, inspite of the recent release, Brave New World gets a decent price drop.

It was discounted by 33% last Friday and considering it was only released that day, that was a very generous discount from Steam/2K/Firaxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

So far :/
    Left for Dead 2
    Counter Strike Global Offensive
    Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
    Age of empires 2 HD
    Rome Total War
    Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition
    Supreme Commander 2
    Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition
    Borderlands Game of the year
    The Swapper
    Mass Effect Collection
    Arma 2 : Complete Collection

:eek:

Get the gold upgrade/Gods and Kings first to really enjoy then move on to BNW when you have the cash.

Is there a bundle I can buy to just add all the stuff you get with the gold version in with V or is it just a case of waiting for the gold version to show up cheap?

Too late regards III, done deal now, might keep it for the steamgifts thread. Why the hell did I buy it goddammit?

Also grabbed Too the Moon there due to what folks were saying about it yesterday.

Damage so far for me:

Hotline miami
    FTL
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition
    To the Moon
    Civ III complete

Not exactly been breaking the bank, thank feck my computer sucks.

I swear I'm not buying anything else unless Morrowind gets a big discount now.

As a huge fan if Civ 2, getting III for €2.50 & never having played it before is a no brainer. Never played IV either, but V is utter class

You see, 4 is just massive improvement over 3. It's not like jump from 4 to 5, where essentially you got 2 different looks at civ games.

Might as well add another 3eu and get whole civ4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Those trading cards don't take long to shift when you put them up for sale at the recommended price. Within 10 seconds, mine was sold.

Picked up Kerbal Space Program today after thinking about it for a good 8 hours. It probably will go down more but I couldn't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Civ III complete

Really? It's probably the weakest of the last 4 in the series.

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Those trading cards don't take long to shift when you put them up for sale at the recommended price. Within 10 seconds, mine was sold.

Picked up Kerbal Space Program today after thinking about it for a good 8 hours. It probably will go down more but I couldn't wait.

I would hold on on to Steam sales ones though. Those are the only ones unique. Only can be gotten on sale. Not just by buying game. So price of those might be a lot bigger later on. There will be always achievement Badge whores.

Advertisement