Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Which bank are you with and what card are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

This came up when I tried to link my debit card so I will call the bank tomorrow;
    This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

I use a o2 card, very easy to use

Rang the bank and it's because i'm sixteen that I should go into the branch and try sort it out useless flucks, I'll just get a 3v or o2 card

shaneb92 wrote: »
    I use a o2 card, very easy to use

I was looking at the 02 card and they have merchant restrictions for people selling products over 18 and anyone under the age can't buy from them sites."Merchant restrictions, so teens can’t spend in retail outlets or on websites that offer over 18 content." I am 16 will that affect steam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I used to use moneybookers before I had my visa debit card. Doesn't take too long to activate and I never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Starting drinking at 6, Steam app installed, work bonus in the bank ! Lets do this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Starting drinking at 6, Steam app installed, work bonus in the bank ! Lets do this :D

Wait,It's tonight? Tonight's the night?

Another hour and we'll find out :D really hope it is

anyone else having problems trying to log in on the site? Might be becasue there are getting ready for the sale ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Haven't they always started on a Thursday before? Why is today being touted as the start date?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thats the first ive heard of it starting today, no other forum/website ive visited has mentioned today being the start of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. Not today

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haven't they always started on a Thursday before? Why is today being touted as the start date?

They were initially taking hints from the Korean stuff over the last few days, pointing at something happening today, alas it wasn't the case.

is it not july 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

is it not july 4th

it will be the 11th there's not a hope in hell valve want to create work for themselves on the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah nobody in Valve will want to work independence day, no way will it start next thursday.

I seen a few forum's saying it. I would say it's perfect timing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yeah nobody in Valve will want to work independence day, no way will it start next thursday.

Nor would they go for the drop in sales that the 4th of July would probably bring.

I'm not convinced that "not wanting to work July 4th" is a legitimate reason for the sale not starting this week. After all they have people working Christmas day and NYE every year.

Anyway, I'm assuming they're gonna try and incorporate trading cards into this sale somehow (if for no other reason than trying to drive sales of participating titles)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

It could be a perfect time for a sale the 4th of July, most people off work and people could be playing their PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm not convinced that "not wanting to work July 4th" is a legitimate reason for the sale not starting this week. After all they have people working Christmas day and NYE every year.

I'm not saying it's not going to start that day because of July 4th. I will say that I work for the top 3 branded company in the world (as a peon, I have no delusions of grandeur) and we (our product subset) put back the release of a product fix pack (only three/four come out a year) back by a week simply because the Devs didn't want to work the weekend of the 4th July with all the resulting bugs that might be found - I'm sure our customers appreciate it as well, as their admins aren't going to have work it either.

You'd be surprised the kind of human preferences go into that kind of decision making process.

That said, 4th July does have a lot of people off and with time to spare, so they might well be thinking of cashing in on that "at home" market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Anyway, I'm assuming they're gonna try and incorporate trading cards into this sale somehow (if for no other reason than trying to drive sales of participating titles)?

start of a sale usually means the servers **** themselves and the day things go wrong creating work for valves IT the christmas day sale is usually a few days in so servers are calm so it can be automated

Actually launching the sale on July 4th would raise it's own issues for sure, and that could well be a valid reason for the sale not starting this Thursday.

I'm just making the point however, that Valve employees working on a holiday (including previous July 4ths) happens all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Do they give any indication on what will be on sale or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

.ak wrote: »

I doubt it. If people knew a game was going to be on sale, that would kill the sales of that game coming up to the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Anyone reckon Xcom will come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone reckon Xcom will come up?

You can get XCom on the cheap already anyway.

http://www.g2play.net/store/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-Steam-Key.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

danthefan wrote: »
    You can get XCom on the cheap already anyway.

http://www.g2play.net/store/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-Steam-Key.html

Well feck ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

.ak wrote: »

Some guessing can be done, the price of dishonoured and COH: Tales of Valour went up this week, normally the price of games only ever goes down with time. One could assume the price increase is to make the discounts look bigger therefore they may be on sale.

Advertisement