Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

shane7218 wrote: »
    So far :/

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
    Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition
    Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition
    Borderlands Game of the year
    Mass Effect Collection

There's about 1000 hours of gameplay in there alone if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there a bundle I can buy to just add all the stuff you get with the gold version in with V or is it just a case of waiting for the gold version to show up cheap?

I believe there is. I seen keys going for them for $5 on cheapassgamer so it seemed like good value.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quarryman wrote: »
    Really? It's probably the weakest of the last 4 in the series.

Meh, it was only 2.49. I have V too ( and to Revolution on the xbox).
    I believe there is. I seen keys going for them for $5 on cheapassgamer so it seemed like good value.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for it so. Doesn't appear to be on steam itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

There's about 1000 hours of gameplay in there alone if you want it.

Oh i know the problem is that there is still 7 more days of sales :eek:..... Need to get a bigger hard drive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I would hold on on to Steam sales ones though. Those are the only ones unique. Only can be gotten on sale. Not just by buying game. So price of those might be a lot bigger later on. There will be always achievement Badge whores.

Yeah I've got two of them. No I sold off a duplicate that I had for Kerbal.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for it so. Doesn't appear to be on steam itself though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Third down. Underneath the actual gold version. Five euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

If anyone sees a car bombing it up the M50 between 5-6PM it's probably me trying to get home to get Mass Effect before the sale on the bundle ends. :pac:

Steam App apparently can't establish a secure connection over my 3G connection for whatever reason when I'm trying to pay for it :mad: Damn it steam just take my money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would hold on on to Steam sales ones though. Those are the only ones unique. Only can be gotten on sale. Not just by buying game. So price of those might be a lot bigger later on. There will be always achievement Badge whores.

Aye, who knows what you could get for the sale cards down the line! I am a hoarder myself, haven't sold anything yet. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Third down. Underneath the actual gold version. Five euro.

Excellent, not sure how I missed that! Only paid a fiver for the game in the first place too.

It'll hardly come down more than that will it? Or was it already discounted the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    If anyone sees a car bombing it up the M50 between 5-6PM it's probably me trying to get home to get Mass Effect before the sale on the bundle ends. :pac:

Steam App apparently can't establish a secure connection over my 3G connection for whatever reason when I'm trying to pay for it :mad: Damn it steam just take my money.
    If you are worried about time, I could buy it myself and gift it to you. I have a paypal, but I'd probably prefer a gifted game of the same or less value to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Pushtrak wrote: »
    If you are worried about time, I could buy it myself and gift it to you. I have a paypal, but I'd probably prefer a gifted game of the same or less value to be honest.

Same here, always happy to help.

Excellent, not sure how I missed that! Only paid a fiver for the game in the first place too.

It'll hardly come down more than that will it? Or was it already discounted the other day?

Thats a lot of content for a fiver. I dont know if Gods and Kings is included at that price. If it is I would get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Same here, always happy to help.

^ Was just about to comment the same thing. Don't be afraid to ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Been a very light sale so far; tempted by a few but not given in:

Left for Dead 2 - 3.49
    Poker night & Poker night 2 - 4.48 (I'm a sucker for TF2 items)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nody wrote: »
    Been a very light sale so far; tempted by a few but not given in:

Left for Dead 2 - 3.49
    Poker night & Poker night 2 - 4.48 (I'm a sucker for TF2 items)

Do people bet tf2 items or how does the poker yoke work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Well it appears that Steam finally took my money for Mass Effect :cool: Now to find time to play the damn game :o

Thats a lot of content for a fiver. I dont know if Gods and Kings is included at that price. If it is I would get it now.

It is included as far as I know, will grab it for sure. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A fiver for Civ V? Previous offer or something?

EnterNow wrote: »
    A fiver for Civ V? Previous offer or something?

It was on offer on G2PLAY.net about 3 weeks ago. Pretty sure someone posted it up in the bargains thread here and that's how I saw it. It's 9:99 on there now.

It was on offer on G2PLAY.net about 3 weeks ago. Pretty sure someone posted it up in the bargains thread here and that's how I saw it. It's 9:99 on there now.

Ah balls. Still, €9.99 is a fantastic price for it. Do the DLC packs ad much to the main game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ah balls. Still, €9.99 is a fantastic price for it. Do the DLC packs ad much to the main game?

tbh id buy the gold edition when i goes on sale again. Gods and Kings is a must imo and theres 2 of the smaller dlc that add something to the game though ive forgetten which ones they are

NTMK wrote: »
    tbh id buy the gold edition when i goes on sale again. Gods and Kings is a must imo and theres 2 of the smaller dlc that add something to the game

Gold has all the DLC packs barring the latest one has it? I take it its worth the extra?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Do people bet tf2 items or how does the poker yoke work?
    Only had a spin in the first one but basically the guys (NPCs; not seen any multiplayer so far) will all throw in 10k USD but sometimes they will instead throw in a TF2 item instead. If you eliminate the player who threw in the TF2 item you unlock it.

Gold has all the DLC packs barring the latest one has it? I take it its worth the extra?

it has everything but Brave New World and is worth the €5(?) extra over the standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

it has everything but Brave New World and is worth the €5(?) extra over the standard

I got the gold edition for €10 on a flash sale I think so it may go back to that price in a community or daily deal again before the sale is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's small money but these Steam sales put me on edge. I spent $20 on Kinetic Void a few days ago, was something like €7.50 in the sale. I feel like I've been cheated out of a fortune :pac:

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got the gold edition for €10 on a flash sale I think so it may go back to that price in a community or daily deal again before the sale is over

it will but even at £15 (i dont know the euro price) it is a bargin

If you get it for a tenner off g2play and get the gold upgrade above from steam then works out 5 euro cheaper than gold edition is on steam at the moment.

there's a link: http://www.g2play.net/store/Sid-Meier-s-Civilization-V-EN-FR-IT-ES-DE-Languages-Steam-Key.html

It's €20 at the mo, toss up between that & Civ IV Complete for €12.50 :o

• Advertisement

It's €20 at the mo, toss up between that & Civ IV Complete for €12.50 :o

It will go on sale again and then you can buy both for about 12.50:pac:

Advertisement