Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Does anybody know if Fallout New Vegas has decent 360 controller support; And before anybody gives me old 'Why are you using a controller why not your keyboard you madman?' Please don't I'm playing PC from the couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Fallout New Vegas has decent 360 controller support;

Yeah, it's great. I play it all the time with the 360 controller.

• Moon54 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's great. I play it all the time with the 360 controller.
    Thanks Man; Buying that Ultimate pack @4.99 now..EPIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Gonna get KOTOR 2. I got the first one on friday and I've already sunk way too much time into it, great games, played them on xbox when they first came out.

I always end up re-buying old star wars games, they don't make them like they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It says I am now eligible for a booster pack... Anyone know how I get that booster pack?.. Do I keep playing CS: GO until I get them or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, Reus looks interesting, anyone played it? Also the temptation to double dip Castle Crashers purely for trading cards. And watching a series about space travel/life so Kerbal Space Program might fulfill my lust to visit the stars (after much explosions and a death toll to match a medium-scale war on the launch pad)

Been trying to buy Rogue Trooper and Mirrors Edge for the past while but alas it doesn't seem to want to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

is killing floor good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

max payne 3 - much of a community?

enjoyed it last time i played but never got to try multiplayer.

also KOTOR2, any good? for sub 4e like.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

KOTORII is all kinds of epic. If a little dated.

Phenomenal story and setting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

is killing floor good?

Yes! If you have some mates who play it then yes,I can't tell you how much fun i have had slaughtering waves of baddies with my mates. The characters puns are hilarious. Also it's quite gory......just how I like it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Natural Selection 2 looks good but i seem to remember someone saying there is a learning curve to it

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

KOTORII is all kinds of epic. If a little dated.

Phenomenal story and setting though.

Been years since I played them but I remember thinking that kotor1 was a long way better than 2 which bored me a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Digy123 wrote: »
    Yes! If you have some mates who play it then yes,I can't tell you how much fun i have had slaughtering waves of baddies with my mates. The characters puns are hilarious. Also it's quite gory......just how I like it :rolleyes:

I am trying to heal you, not shag you! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I just bought Rome Total war for €1.99

I feckin love that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So Mirrors Edge for 3 euro. I keep hearing about how much they like this game, any opinions?

Also that deus ex discount, might have to stay up for that.

For anyone getting kotor 2, theres a restoration mod that puts in stuff that was taken out so that the developers could release the game in time. I havent tried it myself but its worth a loo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It says I am now eligible for a booster pack... Anyone know how I get that booster pack?.. Do I keep playing CS: GO until I get them or what?

You're eligible, but not guaranteed to get it. Supposedly, every time someone crafts a badge, a booster pack is handed out to someone at random. The only thing you have to do to maintain being eligible for this random draw is log into Steam once a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyway: GOD DAMMIT!

Todays sale is good. :(

I might pick up Max Payne 3, Dishonored and Rebelion. And I was doing so damn well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Was going to get Max Payne 3. But turns out it's like 28GB..**** that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

You're eligible, but not guaranteed to get it. Supposedly, every time someone crafts a badge, a booster pack is handed out to someone at random. The only thing you have to do to maintain being eligible for this random draw is log into Steam once a week.

Ahh not so bad cheers man :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

krudler wrote: »
    Uh huh, some time in 2004, installing HL2 and then downloading the updates from steam on a 56k modem, kids today don't know how lucky they have it :pac:

I had broadband in 2004. :pac: It seems to have stagnated at 4 megabit in my area though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Woo hoo! :D

Bioshock infinite and dawn of war 2 get ;) think thats everything I've wanted and more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone played Reus? Is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,175 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Knife of Dunwall is the only story DLC, isn't it? I see there's follow up DLC due to be announced tomorrow.

Think will just go for that then instead of the other 2.

Oh and anyone getting notified of items in their wishlist going on sale? I've Dishonored in there but no mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

titan18 wrote: »
    Anyone played Reus? Is it any good?

Not played it, but it looks lovely. Sorely tempted, though reviews suggest it falls just short of being essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Knife of Dunwall is the only story DLC, isn't it? I see there's follow up DLC due to be announced tomorrow.
    Yeah, it's ok, but not as good as the main game in my opinion. Is it going to be a release date announced tomorrow? It's been known a while there'll be another DLC coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No notifications of anything that's been on my wishlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Links234 wrote: »
    Woo hoo! :D

Bioshock infinite and dawn of war 2 get ;) think thats everything I've wanted and more :D

Bioshock is fairly expensive on steam, can be gotten for €10 elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

CastorTroy wrote: »

Think will just go for that then instead of the other 2.

Oh and anyone getting notified of items in their wishlist going on sale? I've Dishonored in there but no mail.

TBH I flew through the game on the 360 and it was ok. the first half was good then it fell away a bit. It's like Deus Ex but not as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

GarIT wrote: »
    Bioshock is fairly expensive on steam, can be gotten for €10 elsewhere.

Any link for that? Wouldn't mind picking it up for a tenner

Advertisement