Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Yeah, it's ok, but not as good as the main game in my opinion. Is it going to be a release date announced tomorrow? It's been known a while there'll be another DLC coming.

According to what I read on IGN, more details will be revealed tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

thegame983 wrote: »
    TBH I flew through the game on the 360 and it was ok. the first half was good then it fell away a bit. It's like Deus Ex but not as good
    Spoiler your answer, but were you playing high chaos or low chaos? (As in, were there killings aplenty or not so much).
    The game varies quite a lot once you are a ways in to the game on the basis of how you played, and you really should see it to the end both ways.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Links234 wrote: »
    No notifications of anything that's been on my wishlist.

Same, they've never e-mailed me when something has gone on sale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

is killing floor good?

I have a free pass until the 23rd. You can have it if you want to try out the game before you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Mister Man wrote: »
    Any link for that? Wouldn't mind picking it up for a tenner

Nope, but I know its a guy from reddit that works for AMD that is selling them, he gets the codes from the free game with your graphics card offer. It was posted on the Gaming bargains thread within the last week a I know there's is someone that follows this thread that has a link to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Spoiler your answer, but were you playing high chaos or low chaos? (As in, were there killings aplenty or not so much).
    The game varies quite a lot once you are a ways in to the game on the basis of how you played, and you really should see it to the end both ways.
    High chaos. I did rush the 2nd half of the game cause I wanted to trade it in to get steam credit for the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

It was 15 euro but yea otherwise he's right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I can't see anything I want today, thank fúck! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Damages so Far:

Eurotruck Simulator 2
    Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition.
    Civ V : Gold.
    Anno 2070 All DLC.
    XCOM
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013.
    AOE II HD edition.

Total :€65.87

Targets Remaining.
    Rayman Origins.
    Monaco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Have decided that I want Tropico4, Hotline Miami and To the Moon by the end of the sales. Going to wait and see if any of them come back as deals. Also allows me to hang onto some money to see if any else comes out that I would prefer more.

• Advertisement

Think Tropico was already on a flash sale? Don't worry if was though Flash sales get repeated at least once. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I've two guest passes for Killing Floor if anyone wants to try before they buy. PM me your email address if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Anyone able to recommend which Sins of a Solar Empire to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

rebellion is basically all of the sins of a solar empire games thrown in together i believe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Avaunt thee foul tempter that art "Dishonoured" - being not on mine buylist I shall not yield to thine roguish blandisments of 10e, nay, nay ... - ok alright then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Anyone want to chime in with opinions on what multiplayer games to pick up in the sale?

I'm definitely getting Natural Selection 2 & Chivalry. Probably skip CS GO as I never was a massive CS fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Anyone who gets KOTOR 2 make sure you get the mod that restores the cut content. It really helps put it more on a par with the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Damage so Far:

Deadlight
    Don't Starve
    FTL
    Hotline Miami
    Just Cause 2
    Tomb Raider
    Witcher 2 (played already but it's brilliant).

I'm happy. I'm still waiting on bigger discounts for Mark of the Ninja and also Rogue Legacy. Mark of the Ninja was on a community vote and lost so I'm hoping it will appear in a flash sale or daily deal. And rogue Legacy's 20% is too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmm, I've yet to find one game I want in the entire Steam catalogue. I didn't get anything in the last two sales either. I think Gabe's spell has worn off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn,eador is still tempting me...........and now I want reus too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

humanji wrote: »
    Hmm, I've yet to find one game I want in the entire Steam catalogue. I didn't get anything in the last two sales either. I think Gabe's spell has worn off.

Depends on your genre I think. If you're a strategy gamer there's a lot going on right now. It does look like pretty slim pickings if FPS is your thing though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does anyone know where I can download the witcher 2 rebalanced mod without having to create an account?

Edit: Nevermind, got it from a torrent site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Reus is calling to me. Watching some of the Play video, seems like a nice game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kirby wrote: »
    Damage so Far:

Deadlight
    Don't Starve
    FTL
    Hotline Miami
    Just Cause 2
    Tomb Raider
    Witcher 2 (played already but it's brilliant).

I'm happy. I'm still waiting on bigger discounts for Mark of the Ninja and also Rogue Legacy. Mark of the Ninja was on a community vote and lost so I'm hoping it will appear in a flash sale or daily deal. And rogue Legacy's 20% is too low.

Yeah I want rogue legacy too

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

humanji wrote: »

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Hotline Miami is utterly bonkers.

It's brilliant.

bizmark wrote: »
    rebellion is basically all of the sins of a solar empire games thrown in together i believe

No, it's a different standalone actually. Trinity is the first 3 Sins packs in one.:)

Jernal wrote: »
    No, it's a different standalone actually. Trinity is the first 3 Sins packs in one.:)

Is it good single player wise?

Is it good single player wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got some Shogun DLC and Sins of he solar empire rebellion.

I think he means feature wise.

Advertisement