Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just got eador

so thats

eador
    fc3 blood dragon
    witcher 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

These sales go exactly against how I usually but games. I wait a day and see if I still want it, usually the answer is no and I save some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Varik wrote: »
    Got some Shogun DLC and Sins of he solar empire rebellion.

I think he means feature wise.
    Ahh sorry. It's got everything from the previous series I believe.
    Is it good single player wise?

Only played Trinity. Thinking of getting Rebellion. Trinity is absolutely brilliant imo If you like 4X strategy games, rts, or just strategy games in general you should give it a go. The pace is slower than games like Command and Conquer or World in Conflict but the sheer size of the solar systems means that's actually a good thing. Don't go thinking the game is slowly paced either. It can get very tense. Games can last an incredibly long time because you get to conquer entire solar systems. But the best bit, for me anyway, is bombarding the sh*t out of planets! There's something really sadistically satisfying about watching your fleet bombard the helpless planet. :D

Biggest downside is when it's obivous you've won the computer won't give in. Oh and that you'll very often feel ashamed to find out it's daylight outside again. Where did the night go?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is it good single player wise?

It can be fun, you want to turn up the difficulty and speed though, otherwise anything but the smallest maps can take forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I want Reus and Dust. I'm humming and hawing over Wargame, it does look like something I'd put some hours into. Dishonoured is tempting but I don't normally play games like this so I'll probably skip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nesf wrote: »
    I want Reus and Dust. I'm humming and hawing over Wargame, it does look like something I'd put some hours into. Dishonoured is tempting but I don't normally play games like this so I'll probably skip.

Oh I meant to say, Reus is fantastic! Forgot to tell you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

KOTOR II

Finger what are you doing. Finger. Stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Dishonored joins BL2 as my planned purchases.

Unplanned:
    Reus
    To the Moon
    RPG Maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Commandoes 2 is only 99c. Great game, has aged very well, I'm hooked.

Anyone who would like a tactical, action, stealth game should definitely check it out. It can be quite challenging, not unfairly though, so it's not for the faint hearted.

Just thought I'd let people know about this classic seeing as it's so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Finally Visa/Debit card worked without having to use paypal... Randomly bought MC Pixel for 79cent as it is just about how much I have left in the card ha :p Plus I want to get these trading cards now lol...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Niska wrote: »
    RPG Maker

Did you try that yet?

• Commandoes 2 is only 99c. Great game, has aged very well, I'm hooked.

Anyone who would like a tactical, action, stealth game should definitely check it out. It can be quite challenging, not unfairly though, so it's not for the faint hearted.

defo picking this one up, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Are the cards you get just random? I got a Chivalry card, but all I've bought is KOTOR 1 and 2. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Still waiting on Payday to come up

Getting a few I've missed getting the last few times due to moving house etc
    Skyrim Legendary
    CS:GO
    Just Cause 2
    Kerbal Space Program (cannot believe how addictive this game is)
    Garry's Mod
    Euro Truck Simulator 2
    Anno 2070

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The whole collection is just €2.99....worth it? Or just go with part 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Still waiting on Payday to come up

Getting a few I've missed getting the last few times due to moving house etc
    Skyrim Legendary
    CS:GO
    Just Cause 2
    Kerbal Space Program (cannot believe how addictive this game is)
    Garry's Mod
    Euro Truck Simulator 2
    Anno 2070

What's everyones obsession with Euro Truck Sim? Isn't it just a driving simulator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

EGriff wrote: »
    Are the cards you get just random? I got a Chivalry card, but all I've bought is KOTOR 1 and 2. :confused:

Theres random cards for Summer Getaway Sale AFAIK.. I got Bioshock Infinite and now the Dead Island Riptide cards... When playing the games the cards you get are the ones from the actual game...

I could be wrong though :rolleyes:

This MC Pixel game is actually good fun for 79cent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Digy123 wrote: »
    What's everyones obsession with Euro Truck Sim? Isn't it just a driving simulator?

A very good one with. Wait for it. Good graphics and actual physics.

Phenomenal for a sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been playing Dust all evening, would highly recommend it to anyone who likes RPGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Digy123 wrote: »

Try it,for some reason its highly addictive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

EnterNow wrote: »
    The whole collection is just €2.99....worth it? Or just go with part 2?

I've only played 2 but judging from reviews the others are good too so it's a bargain for €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Brave New World is 11 euro on g2play if you can use a VPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just bought Fallout:New Vegas for the second time. I bought the original game when it came out and bought the ultimate edition there just so I can get all the DLC for the discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just picked up Castle Crashers & Killing Floor. Played Castle Crashers as a xbla trial and enjoyed it. Killing Floor just looks like a bit of fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Oh I meant to say, Reus is fantastic! Forgot to tell you :D
    Screw you - have to buy it now. :mad:

And you. :mad:
    EGriff wrote: »

And... oh you're okay. You got that summer getaway trading card for spending money - one for every $10 spent during the sale.

Screw you - have to buy it now. :mad:

And you. :mad:

And... oh you're okay. You got that summer getaway trading card for spending money - one for every $10 spent during the sale.

Eador is pretty good too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I can't for the life of me understand why people are buying these cards. I just sold 5 of them for 12 cents each. I mean, it's 60 cents which is piddly money but it's money for nothing. It meant I could get Reus for 4.40 instead of a fiver.

The mind boggles. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Tihs is my first steam sale, is there a day dedicated to indie games? heard that some where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Tihs is my first steam sale, is there a day dedicated to indie games? heard that some where
    This is my first Steam sale that I've actually been downloading stuff, and I've been with it since day 1. I'd have to say it seems to be every day so far. Unless you mean an indie day where all there is is indie stuff and nothing else. There has been lots of indie stuff every day so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Kirby wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand why people are buying these cards. I just sold 5 of them for 12 cents each. I mean, it's 60 cents which is piddly money but it's money for nothing. It meant I could get Reus for 4.40 instead of a fiver.

The mind boggles. :P

Ah but they'll be able to get the lovely little badge that tells the rest of the internet that they collected ALL TEH CARDZ IN DA STEAM 2K13 SAYUL!

Totez worf it. :P

Advertisement