Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just got Knights of the Old Republic I and II for less than seven euro.

Offer valid for the next two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

FTL cards arnt worth the virtual paper they're printed on.

However 3 Hotline Miami cards just got me 58 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Jernal wrote: »
    Think Tropico was already on a flash sale? Don't worry if was though Flash sales get repeated at least once. :)

Yeah I know that. Didn't even look into the game when it was on flash. My mate bought it and has been playing it non stop. I feel like I've missed something.

On another note. Should I buy To the Moon or Hotline Miami?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Falthyron wrote: »
    Get it now, you will NOT regret it.

I didn't. Much obliged. Wonderful little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Pushtrak wrote: »
    This is my first Steam sale that I've actually been downloading stuff, and I've been with it since day 1. I'd have to say it seems to be every day so far. Unless you mean an indie day where all there is is indie stuff and nothing else. There has been lots of indie stuff every day so far.

Ya I really like indie games like FTL and universe sandbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Did you try that yet?

Picked it up months ago, didn't do a lot with it but it's very easy to pick up and run with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Yeah I know that. Didn't even look into the game when it was on flash. My mate bought it and has been playing it non stop. I feel like I've missed something.

On another note. Should I buy To the Moon or Hotline Miami?

Hotline Miami

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Does anyone have an opinion on the Wargame series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

nesf wrote: »
    Does anyone have an opinion on the Wargame series?

Airland battle is great. Single player campaign is a wasted opportunity, but there's hundreds of hours of fun to be had in the multiplayer.

Easy to pick up and play, but there's a steep learning curve to actually getting good at the game. You need to be a fan of competitive multiplayer & hardcore military simulation to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Did you try that yet?

Yet to install it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Picked up Organ Trail using the money I made off trading cards. Can't go wrong with a more-a-less free game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Got a response from Steam Support regarding the missing sales receipts. Bog standard by-the books-response, suggesting I do what I said I had already done. :rolleyes:

Anyway, they can't resend the receipts (they claim), which is okay in the long run for credit/debit card and PayPal users, as they'll have evidence of purchases their end, but could be a bit of hassle for those paying with Steam wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Brave New World is 11 euro on g2play if you can use a VPN

DO NOT USE a VPN for Steam games. Valve are quite picky on that one and have been known to ban accounts!
    Digy123 wrote: »
    What's everyones obsession with Euro Truck Sim? Isn't it just a driving simulator?

It's supposedly one of those games where you don't really do much in the grand scheme of things but you still enjoy the heck out it. Relaxation gaming. :)
    I'll let you know once I figure out how to get the 360 controller working properly for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Tihs is my first steam sale, is there a day dedicated to indie games? heard that some where

Don't think I've ever seen a specific "indie only" sale day during the Steam sales. On that note Indie Gala are doing a sale at the minute, lots of cheap stuff, and a lot of it comes with Steam keys.

http://store.indiegala.com/

Deus Ex HR wins the vote. Great price for a great game if you don't own it already.

In previous sales, there used to be an indie catalogue availble to browse for the duration of the sale (much like the developer catalogues). Maybe that's what shane's thinking of?

Deus Ex HR wins the vote. Great price for a great game if you don't own it already.

In previous sales, there used to be an indie catalogue availble to browse for the duration of the sale (much like the developer catalogues). Maybe that's what shane's thinking of?

There might either be a day dedicated to Indies or the whole Indie sale earlier on the year threw a spanner in the works.

Missing Link and Explosive Mission pack worth getting for Deus Ex?

Ah who am I kidding, I'll buy them anyway. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I don't know anything about Explosive Mission, but Missing Link, yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God damn it...not even half way through the sale and i've already spent over $100 :(

Dishonored (with Dunwall) - 18.68
    Heroes of Might & Magic 6 - 29.99
    Jedi Knight bundle - 13.39
    Age of Empires 2 HD - 9.99
    Antichamber - 6.79
    Reus - 4.99
    Fallout NV - 4.99
    Bully - 3.74
    Just Cause 2 - 2.99
    Magicka - 2.49
    Bastion - 2.24
    Antichamber - 6.79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Which Sim do ye want?

Is the FEAR franchise any good? Are they survival horror or FPS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Euro truck plz

Deus Ex worth the 2.84? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is the FEAR franchise any good? Are they survival horror or FPS?

I quite liked the first one actually - horror themed FPS. If I remember one of the reviews at the time, it said it was a cookie cutter shooter, but the cookie was particularly delicious. I didn't get the sequels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I now have 3 KSP cards...

It's just a shame I have NO IDEA how to actually trade the ****ing things. :P

Strange that FEAR 3 is showing as being in the Flash sale but the FEAR package has 40 hours on it. Guessing a mistake but I'll sleep on it and it's still there when I get from work tomorrow, I may go for it

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I now have 3 KSP cards...

It's just a shame I have NO IDEA how to actually trade the ****ing things. :P

You trade with friends via the Steam IM/chat windows. Or you can just go to the Market and flog them there!

Suppose I'll have to buy the DLC for Crusader Kings II, but the Steam store interface is going to make this hard work. :rolleyes:

Edit: And with that, they add a "Add all DLC to cart" button. Huzzah!

You trade with friends via the Steam IM/chat windows. Or you can just go to the Market and flog them there!

Suppose I'll have to buy the DLC for Crusader Kings II, but the Steam store interface is going to make this hard work. :rolleyes:

Edit: And with that, they add a "Add all DLC to cart" button. Huzzah!

You say that now. Wait until you're buying a game where you also see that button so decide you may as well get the DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Nolars wrote: »
    Euro truck plz

Deus Ex worth the 2.84? :)
    Yes, yes it is.

Runs beautifully on PC too, not just an obvious console port.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Commandoes 2 is only 99c. Great game, has aged very well, I'm hooked.

Anyone who would like a tactical, action, stealth game should definitely check it out. It can be quite challenging, not unfairly though, so it's not for the faint hearted.

Just thought I'd let people know about this classic seeing as it's so cheap.

Aw no way! I put loads of hours into that bavk in the day, though I think it was the first one I had. Used to love clicking on things and making the green beret shout "I CAN'T DO THAT!" in his irish accent :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You say that now. Wait until you're buying a game where you also see that button so decide you may as well get the DLC.

I'm stronger than that.*

*clearly a lie.

• Advertisement

Just spent the last 42 minutes trying to park my truck in the loading bay. :D
    Game is a lot of fun. Can't seem to figure out how to use the 360 controller for general controls. Don't mind switching between the two but it'd useful if you could at least use X,B,A Y. Steering with the controller though is very nice.
    Oh and traffic seems cool. Some will kindly let you out at junctions others will just keep on fizzing by leaving you to curse your luck at somehow managing to get the truck out without causing a major pile up! (Not sure if that's possible. I'd say collisions would only be minor but still getting the darn thing to turn is so much fun.) Need to set up the music and stuff.

Oh and I'm feeling really chuffed right now that I managed to park. I may have come close on several occasions to losing my mirrors and crashing the truck into other parked trailers but I managed to unload my trailer without a single impact. Pity, I reared ended someone earlier. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Advertisement