Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Jernal wrote: »
    Just spent the last 42 minutes trying to park my truck in the loading bay. :D
    Game is a lot of fun. Can't seem to figure out how to use the 360 controller for general controls. Don't mind switching between the two but it'd useful if you could at least use X,B,A Y. Steering with the controller though is very nice.
    Oh and traffic seems cool. Some will kindly let you out at junctions others will just keep on fizzing by leaving you to curse your luck at somehow managing to get the truck out without causing a major pile up! (Not sure if that's possible. I'd say collisions would only be minor but still getting the darn thing to turn is so much fun.) Need to set up the music and stuff.

Oh and I'm feeling really chuffed right now that I managed to park. I may have come close on several occasions to losing my mirrors and crashing the truck into other parked trailers but I managed to unload my trailer without a single impact. Pity, I reared ended someone earlier. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Euro truck lol im wanting it. Watching 1 the lads from boards stream it on twitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Great game ETS 2, just wish I had a steering wheel instead of an xbox remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which Sim do ye want?

Is the FEAR franchise any good? Are they survival horror or FPS?

It's a horror FPS but I don't think I could recommend it. At the time the GFX were amazing but I tried playing it again there recently and the world just feels weird and clunky and bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Nolars wrote: »
    Deus Ex worth the 2.84? :)

Oh god yes without a doubt you should pick up the franchise for €6.25 if you can Invisible War still looks good now and there's some good texture mods to make it look even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Missing Link and Explosive Mission pack worth getting for Deus Ex?

Ah who am I kidding, I'll buy them anyway. :(
    I just looked up the Explosive Mission mission. I had it in the game by default. It just felt like a regular mission from the game. So, it's good, but can't really think about it as a separate thing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

just picked up FieldRunners 2 for 2.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Game is a lot of fun. Can't seem to figure out how to use the 360 controller for general controls. Don't mind switching between the two but it'd useful if you could at least use X,B,A Y. Steering with the controller though is very nice.
    Oh and traffic seems cool. Some will kindly let you out at junctions others will just keep on fizzing by leaving you to curse your luck at somehow managing to get the truck out without causing a major pile up! (Not sure if that's possible. I'd say collisions would only be minor but still getting the darn thing to turn is so much fun.) Need to set up the music and stuff.

Oh and I'm feeling really chuffed right now that I managed to park. I may have come close on several occasions to losing my mirrors and crashing the truck into other parked trailers but I managed to unload my trailer without a single impact. Pity, I reared ended someone earlier. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Bwahahaha

I used to sell all those Excalibur type sims in my old job, and every time I did I wanted to scream WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU BUYING THIS!?!? WHY ARE YOU BUYING THIS YEAR'S VERSION!?!?!

I once sold a copy of Forklift Driver Simulator to an actual Forklift Driver. That was some existential crisis, let me tell you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bwahahaha

I used to sell all those Excalibur type sims in my old job, and every time I did I wanted to scream WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU BUYING THIS!?!? WHY ARE YOU BUYING THIS YEAR'S VERSION!?!?!

I once sold a copy of Forklift Driver Simulator to an actual Forklift Driver. That was some existential crisis, let me tell you.

Coming home from work to play some virtual work in the same career path. That man has it made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I really don't need the Dawn of War franchise pack. But gosh, I want the Dawn of War franchise pack. :(
    Coming home from work to play some virtual work in the same career path. That man has it made.

The only more distressing transaction I made was selling a train simulator to a guy in a bus driver uniform - like, driving a bus wasn't restrictive enough for him, so he was living his thwarted public transport dream recreationally, instead.

If I think about it for too long, it makes me want to cry into my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ohhhhh god, UT2004. I must have burned through more hours on UT2004 than I did on Team Fortress 2.

Do I want to do that to myself again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Overheal wrote: »
    Ohhhhh god, UT2004. I must have burned through more hours on UT2004 than I did on Team Fortress 2.

Hell yeah you do!

Can't say no to more UT2004!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I was thinking of it too, but is there much people still playing it? I suppose with the sale loads more will start playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I played against the AI. **** it. it was still fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I played against the AI. **** it. it was still fun

I think the original UT (UT99) was one of the first games I burned to disc when I got my computer. It was the first, and really the only game of that type that I enjoyed/was any good at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Everyone should get deus ex at that price, it really is terrific :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Links234 wrote: »
    Everyone should get deus ex at that price, it really is terrific :D

Another added to my collection. Thank god my download cap is generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I was getting through this sale ok, most of the games on good deals I already owned.

Caved last night and bought Reus for 50% off.
    I'm always a sucker for the interesting looking indie games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Vicxas wrote: »
    Another added to my collection. Thank god my download cap is generous.

My cap is grand, speeds are mediocre though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love the game soooo much,I invested in a steering wheel for it :o.

Really want to give star drive a go,hopefully it will come down in price today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Stardrive isn't bad, I've sunk a good few hours into it. tricky getting used to the tech trees but it's not bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think the original UT (UT99) was one of the first games I burned to disc when I got my computer. It was the first, and really the only game of that type that I enjoyed/was any good at.

There's still quite a few people playing this online as well! A lot more than UT3 last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Got UT 2004 in a sale a few years ago. Instagib is still great craic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I can confidently pass up Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, which won the latest community vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I can confidently pass up Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, which won the latest community vote.

Some people have no taste. Euro Truck Simulator 2 should have won.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I bet the Yanks didn't vote for it because of the title. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Skyrim is up for voting with 40%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

7M9FUU.png

€0? :p They have to honour that if it wins, right? Joe Duffy says so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Best flash sale so far, Skyrim Legendary Edition up for €0 :D

skyrim.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy