Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

To be honest I'm looking forward to the greenmangaming, gamefly, and Gamersgate sales that will probably be on during steam sale to beat the prices. I just hope I'm here for at least 1 week as going on the internet on holidays can't be done no wi-fi :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

managed to get just under 15€ from the steam market by flogging off all my TF2 prepurchase items from the past few years. Bought some borderlands 2 dlc and keeping the rest for the sale.. that trading card thing is deadly for making a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

that trading card thing is deadly for making a few quid!

I would have thought Steam wouldn't have allowed you to make money off it! I should start looking into making a few quid off it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Handy for grabbing that DLC you always wanted but were too cheap to shell out for.. like me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've made just over €10 by selling off various TF2 crap I've picked up (quite by accident) over the years and random trading cards awarded to me in-game; obviously Steam are making a mint taking their commission but if you don't care about the trading cards and already have the games, it is easy to make a few quid selling them on after you pick them up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

.ak wrote: »
    Do they give any indication on what will be on sale or not?

Valve never do, but sometimes a third party entity can let the mask slip prematurely. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't occur this time around, as the leaks during the last couple of sales were a little ridiculous so I would imagine that Valve might have tightened things up since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Valve never do, but sometimes a third party entity can let the mask slip prematurely. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't occur this time around, as the leaks during the last couple of sales were a little ridiculous so I would imagine that Valve might have tightened things up since then.

Pun intended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This should probably be stickied when the sale does start, or at least put into the OP.

54kZMz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yeah, Mitch's diagram is very useful. If a Mod wants to edit the OP go ahead and include this. Might also want to remove the estimated dates of June 26th/27th :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This should probably be stickied when the sale does start, or at least put into the OP.

54kZMz.png

Who are we kidding here...it's more like this :P

qnKSZXX.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sums it up pretty much :P

url-31.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

steam-summer-sale_o_592275.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would love to see Kentuky Route Zero get a sale price-drop but because it's only two episodes into a five episode series, I doubt it. Want to pick up To The Moon and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

There are weeklong deals up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really? Don't see them in the news. It just has the most recent daily deals

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Really? Don't see them in the news. It just has the most recent daily deals

If you look through the specials you can see X3: Reunion and others which have "WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends 8 July"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Just saw the week long deals :( These sales better be worth the weight :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Digy123 wrote: »
    Just saw the week long deals :( These sales better be worth the weight :p

To be honest, the last 2 big sales weren't anything amazing IMO. Amazon US sales are much better I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Tinie wrote: »
    To be honest, the last 2 big sales weren't anything amazing IMO. Amazon US sales are much better I think.

I agree,although with that said I did pick up a few nice game of the year packs last year. Main focus is Blood dragon and CS GO this year.
    I have to start using Amazon,from what I have read here it seems like quite the bargain bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Digy123 wrote: »
    I agree,although with that said I did pick up a few nice game of the year packs last year. Main focus is Blood dragon and CS GO this year.
    I have to start using Amazon,from what I have read here it seems like quite the bargain bin.

CS GO always goes on deal , no matter what. I could bet it maybe would go on deal within the first week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

simon360 wrote: »
    CS GO always goes on deal , no matter what. I could bet it maybe would go on deal within the first week.

All Valve games get heavily promoted, CS, L4D2, Half Life2 and Portal will all be amazingly cheap...but....every PC Gamer worth his salt should own them at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Valve should release more games so that they have greater power for discounting them. I dunno, maybe Half-Life 3? I'd take L4D3 on a nice new engine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All Valve games get heavily promoted, CS, L4D2, Half Life2 and Portal will all be amazingly cheap...but....every PC Gamer worth his salt should own them at this stage.

Don't know about you guys, but it has got to the stage that when I see Valve games listed in the Flash or Daily deals, I am disappointed. :pac:

Looking at the sales on at GMG, gog and amazon and they are faar better than what we've seen from Steam in recent sales. Was going to get a 40 euro Steam card today but figured that it may be a waste of money if the last sale is anything to go by.

A €20 voucher from gamesworld should suffice I figure, as there will be a few standout deals im sure over the course of the week, but Amazon is where its at these days. My statement is going to be flooded with amazon payments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Thought the current Amazon sale was pretty crap compared to their previous offerings personally.

Its only day one of it ;)

their borderlands GOTY, borderlands 2 and season pass deal is already the frontrunner for deal of the summer IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Tinie wrote: »
    Its only day one of it ;)

And we know what the rest of it will be like ;)

There are some offers there that are nowhere near as thrifty as they were in December. As for Borderlands 2, great deal for sure, but equalled by GMG earlier (surpassed if you already have Borderlands GOTY).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone else seen that game thats €83 euro on Steam, really curious as to why its so expensive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

because it was a kickstarter game so they don't to sell under the price that backers put in

Advertisement