Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Bioshock infinite is 15.99 euro on g2play with any purchace over a fiver.

20 euro on its own.

https://www.g2play.net/store/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Jernal wrote: »
    Flash sales tend to get repeated at least once. So fingers crossed for ya. :)

OK I've added it to my wishlist. Is that all I need to do get notification of when the price drops or has anyone actually got that working yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,315 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Xenji wrote: »
    Dust is awesome, well worth it and look gorgeous.

Yeah it looks amazing, probably too gorgeous to run properly on my laptop though. Will keep it in the wishlist until I get around to builing a PC.
    quarryman wrote: »
    OK I've added it to my wishlist. Is that all I need to do get notification of when the price drops or has anyone actually got that working yet?

Got no notifications when any of my wishlist dropped so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I find the wishlist stuff gets a bit borked during the sales, usually works the rest of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I still never received notification of Dishonored.

Which reminds me, I must get Dishonored this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So far, I've voted in every CC.

Am I right in saying that you used to be able to start downloading games on you main client from the mobile app? I'm being a bit dim, but I can't find it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah it looks amazing, probably too gorgeous to run properly on my laptop though. Will keep it in the wishlist until I get around to builing a PC.

Got no notifications when any of my wishlist dropped so far.

If ye buy it now, ye can always build a pc later, and it'll be there, ready for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Runs great on my laptop and I only have a Intel 5000 HD Graphics Card.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,315 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If ye buy it now, ye can always build a pc later, and it'll be there, ready for ya.

Quiet you :P That's why I bought Deus Ex lastnight! At the moment Dust is just expensive enough to get me to hold off I think (same with don't starve).
    Xenji wrote: »
    Runs great on my laptop and I only have a Intel 5000 HD Graphics Card.

The 5000 is a good bit better than the "HD Family" though ain't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is a horrible idea...

I've lost count of the number of games I've bought "for when I eventually build a PC"... :( :P

• Advertisement

Quiet you :P That's why I bought Deus Ex lastnight! At the moment Dust is just expensive enough to get me to hold off I think (same with don't starve).

Don't Starve is well worth the money. You'll easily sink a dozen hours into it within a day or so of getting it and it's one of those rare games that you will come back to time after time.

As far as intergrated cards go yeah, the 8 gigs of ram I have as well seems to help :pac: Can play Guild Wars 2 on full medium without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looking forward to playing Deus Ex on Full whack, only played it before on the 360 :)

Is Mafia II good value at €15 or would I be better off waiting until Christmas for it to drop some more?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is Mafia II good value at €15 or would I be better off waiting until Christmas for it to drop some more?

I think it was lower in the first few days of the sale, great game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Its currently £5.99 sterling on Amazon uk. I paid €9.99 for it in a previous sale and it was certainty worth that. It may yet be cheaper on a daily deal or flash sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got it for 9.99 around a month ago, so it's definitely been cheaper.

Actually 9.99 was the deluxe edition. The base edition was 7.49 at the time.

Cool. I'll hold off for a while so. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Been playing Dust An Elysian Tale today. Fantastic game. Highly recommend picking it up before 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Been playing Dust An Elysian Tale today. Fantastic game. Highly recommend picking it up before 6pm.

Second that, just started it, really fun little game.

• Advertisement

Skyrim only won with 44%, interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still 24 Euro though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It will still be on sale until 6pm tomorrow

So even though the FEAR 3 flash sale is over, the bundle is still 75% off.

Slightly OT, but when searching for FEAR, I saw a game called Cry of Fear which is free? Anyone play it and is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Vicxas wrote: »

That's the Legendary Edition to be fair - it's only been out a month or so.

Vicxas wrote: »

For the legendary edition its pretty damn good

Does anyone know if there's an easy way of finding out how big your library is, GB wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Considering Dragonborn and I think Dawnguard were 23 euro EACH before the sale its excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Does anyone know if there's an easy way of finding out how big your library is, GB wise?

Yep go into the directory where steam is installed. Look for a folder called Steamapps. Go into properties and get the size of that entire folder. That's how big your library is.

Some folks here were mentioning Dust. As a general rule you don't buy anything on the daily deal unless it's the last day of sale or there's a pricing error. That's because the daily deal actually last 48 hrs so you wait to see what your expanded options are before splashing out. :) Unless of course you're absolutely certain you want the game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I think c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps is the folder ?

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Yep go into the directory where steam is installed. Look for a folder called Steamapps. Go into properties and get the size of that entire folder. That's how big your library is.

Some folks here were mentioning Dust. As a general rule you don't buy anything on the daily deal unless it's the last day of sale or there's a pricing error. That's because the daily deal actually last 48 hrs so you wait to see what your expanded options are before splashing out. :) Unless of course you're absolutely certain you want the game. :D
    Grimebox wrote: »
    I think c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps is the folder ?

Cheers lads, but I meant the library, not actual downloaded.

Advertisement