Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The Secret World was looking interesting, until I noticed the mark of the devil.

EA.

Damnit and my boycott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Damn you guys. I had sworn there'd be no more off-wishlist purchases and then you had to start talking up Mark of the Ninja. Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

System Shock at 75% NOM NOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Vojera wrote: »
    Damn you guys. I had sworn there'd be no more off-wishlist purchases and then you had to start talking up Mark of the Ninja. Dammit!

You'll love us for it later. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So much for Mark of the Ninja. I figured I'd check canirunit.com first. And no, I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lamposts wrote: »
    System Shock at 75% NOM NOM.

Hard to turn it down at that price, but can the Steam version be modded with the updated graphics packs etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What type of game is Dust? Watching the trailer it looks like Rayman Origins crossed with a slasher yet the description says RPG as well. Is it much of an RPG or just RPG elements since I'm not a big RPG fan.

Also, is it common for games to be included in the daily deals or flash sales without appearing on the front page? After someone mentioned Deadlight here, I did a search and it's 75% off saying it's in a Flash Sale but isn't on the front page

I looked up SS2 modding last night, and did a bit to try and sort stuff with that. I haven't started my game up of it, but before people download SS2 keep something in mind. You can't download it in the default place for SS2. You have to set up a download folder outside of Program Files. I'll find a link, but just posting this so it'll be up for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zombrex wrote: »
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for 5 euro ... anyone know if the bugs that plagued the original release in 2004 have been mostly sorted out?

I have the physical copy (including Wild and Soaked) since it was first released, and it played with no problems at all (aside from the laptop not being able for larger parks! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

VinLieger wrote: »
    You mean potential library like if you download everything you own?

Yeah.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You mean buy it on steam and redeem the code on gog is it?

Also, the price for Civ V on community choice has to be wrong, gold edition is 19.99 at the moment sure? At the moment it's saying Civ is going to be fiver more than it actually costs now :D

Not at all, just grab it on steam. At the minute it's 10 dollars though it was something like 3 last week when I grabbed it. If you don't want to mod the game and improve how it looks then just grab it on Steam but I'd recommend getting it off of GOG simply because of how easy it is to mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hard to turn it down at that price, but can the Steam version be modded with the updated graphics packs etc?

I honestly have no idea mate. I literally just saw it for 2.49 and told steam take my money. I'm getting cookies need to be enabled atm, always happens when the games first go on sale.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Picked up System Shock 2 on GOG awhile back and just completed the tutorials and first 20/30 minutes today. Looks surprisingly good. I suppose the clean lines of the sci-fi setting ages better than games that try to do vegetation etc, but I thought at max resolution it looks very clean, no muddy textures so far. Im presuming this GOG version is not tampered with apart from making it playable on new hardware, so if, like Deus Ex there are graphics overhaul mods for it, I think it would be very nice indeed.

Gameplay wise it is very very 90s. Still enjoying it so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,315 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pushtrak wrote: »
    So much for Mark of the Ninja. I figured I'd check canirunit.com first. And no, I can't.

I have a few games that failed on that but run on my laptop just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If you don't want to mod the game and improve how it looks then just grab it on Steam but I'd recommend getting it off of GOG simply because of how easy it is to mod.

Is the Steam version not moddable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26227

So much dlc it's almost double the price as the base game, lol.
    I am tempted though.

This.
    Can you run it isn't great for actually answering the question you pose to it. Best way is to see if you can find somewhere the game was benchmarked for specs identical or very similar to yours. I like notebookcheck when it comes to checking graphics cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Xenji wrote: »
    Happened to me with Mass Effect, just had to exit Steam and go back into it and it was there.

Didnt work for me but I bought alan wake as a gift and deus ex showed up along with it. Part of steams plot.

Tempted to buy assassins creed revelations but I still have to play brotherhood on xbox. At this rate I'll end up buying all my 360 games for PC and then abandoning consoles completely

My graphics card is terrible. I'll post something about what it is in a few mins.
    I found the link I was using last night. Haven't started the game yet, though.

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

Tempted to buy assassins creed revelations but I still have to play brotherhood on xbox. At this rate I'll end up buying all my 360 games for PC and then abandoning consoles completely

Do it! You save a helluva lot more in the long run.

• Advertisement

canirunit can be temperamental at times. Told me I couldnt play a game because I had an i3 CPU so I went on to play it at max settings

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,315 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not at all, just grab it on steam. At the minute it's 10 dollars though it was something like 3 last week when I grabbed it. If you don't want to mod the game and improve how it looks then just grab it on Steam but I'd recommend getting it off of GOG simply because of how easy it is to mod.

Ah yeah, I won't be modding it so will probably just get it on steam so. 2.49 is hard to turn down.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    My graphics card is terrible. I'll post something about what it is in a few mins.

I found the link I was using last night. Haven't started the game yet, though.

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

I've only got Intel HD Family which is pathetic really, Reus seems to have the exact same graphical requirements as Mark of the Ninja according tohttp://www.systemrequirementslab.com and I played that for a good hour yesterday without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The Steam version is moddable, use ss2tool. Steam put a new version of it up that works. Just don't install it in Program Files

It's not that it's not moddable it's just a case that it's more difficult than doing in through your GOG purchase.

I'm really going to have to get a proper graphics card. The one I have is Intel HD graphics 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The Secret World was looking interesting, until I noticed the mark of the devil.

EA.

Damnit and my boycott.

Funcom aren't owned by EA. EA are only the publisher.

Jernal wrote: »
    Do it! You save a helluva lot more in the long run.

Thats the plan, cant see any point in getting any of the new consoles except for halo, and its not exactly worth 500 euro.

Think I'll wait until I finish brotherhood before I start rebuying the AC games. Heard they got rid of the always on DRM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Grabbed arma 2 combined ops + rising storm. The screams from the flamethrower. Oh god... they're so hilarious.

Just waiting for chivalry to be knocked down again now and I'm all set.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dammit, meant to buy New Vegas Ultimate Edition before it went up in price. Completely forget. Do they redo all the deals for the last day?

• Advertisement

Dammit, meant to buy New Vegas Ultimate Edition before it went up in price. Completely forget. Do they redo all the deals for the last day?

Only the most popular ones.

Advertisement