Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just grabbed Mark of the Ninja & System Shock but they're not showing up in my library, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just grabbed Mark of the Ninja & System Shock but they're not showing up in my library, any ideas?

I had that issue. Someone said exit and start steam again. Didnt work for me but mine showed up when I bought something else.

Was gifts instead of library but probably the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yeah.

Posted a reply to you on the last page, but forgot to quote you so it was easy lost!
    Not sure how good it is, but you could try this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

abbir wrote: »
    Funcom aren't owned by EA. EA are only the publisher.

Still means EA get my monies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had that issue. Someone said exit and start steam again. Didnt work for me but mine showed up when I bought something else.

Was gifts instead of library but probably the same issue.

Ah so it's a ploy to make me buy another game, got it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mickeroo wrote: »

Exit steam.
    Go to directory where Steam is installed and delete everything EXCEPT the Steamapps folder and Steam.exe.
    Restart Steam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jernal wrote: »
    Only the most popular ones.

I'll cross the fingers so.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone think that Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign might go down in price?
    After getting the demo there and really like the game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218090/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

System Shock 2 owners, here is a quick modding guide, I just did this last night;
    • Don't install to C:\Program Files folder. (e.g. install to c:\games)
    • Run the SS2Tool v5.1 found here.
    • Install mods by copying to SS2\DataPermMods folder - see GOG post here -
      (It's recommended to just install the top 4 ones as they are graphic/sound related and don't affect original gameplay.)
    • Remap your keyboard keys (stafe/back etc) to whatever suits you from within the game.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So much games I want to buy... Alan Wake seems a bargain at €2.79 and so does Serious Sam 3 at €3.99 ... So tempted by Orcs Must Die 2 also at €3.79 but not sure whether to buy any of them or not...

• Advertisement

So much games I want to buy... Alan Wake seems a bargain at €2.79 and so does Serious Sam 3 at €3.99 ... So tempted by Orcs Must Die 2 also at €3.79 but not sure whether to buy any of them or not...

Oh, you're sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Still means EA get my monies.

Why are you boycotting EA?

Jernal wrote: »
    Exit steam.
    Go to directory where Steam is installed and delete everything EXCEPT the Steamapps folder and Steam.exe.
    Restart Steam.

That worked thanks. Seems to think I've logged in from a new computer though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Posted a reply to you on the last page, but forgot to quote you so it was easy lost!

I just tried that link you posted -
    http://www.mysteamgauge.com/

Over the last 3 years, you've spent 684.4 hours playing this selection, which
    includes 182 items, is valued at $2347.33, and requires 809.14 GB

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I got Skyrim Leg today -40% off I don't think it will go lower tbh - happy out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pushtrak wrote: »
    My graphics card is terrible. I'll post something about what it is in a few mins.

I found the link I was using last night. Haven't started the game yet, though.

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide
    Moon54 wrote: »
    System Shock 2 owners, here is a quick modding guide, I just did this last night;
    • Don't install to C:\Program Files folder. (e.g. install to c:\games)
    • Run the SS2Tool v5.1 found here.
    • Install mods by copying to SS2\DataPermMods folder - see GOG post here -
      (It's recommended to just install the top 4 ones as they are graphic/sound related and don't affect original gameplay.)
    • Remap your keyboard keys (stafe/back etc) to whatever suits you from within the game.

Enjoy :)

Awesome, & on that note - goodbye €2.49, you've served me well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I just tried that link you posted -
    http://www.mysteamgauge.com/

:D

oh gwad !

Over the last 9 years, you've spent 2586.7 hours playing this selection, which includes 96 items, is valued at $960.31, and requires 487.4 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So thats skyrim legendary edition, now just waiting for fez to go again and hopefully see saints row the third full package drop to 7.50 again and that should be me done, nothing else really interested in

Over the last 2 years, you've spent 65.6 hours playing this selection, which includes 15 items, is valued at $89.93, and requires 76.08 GB

Not bad considering I have only actually spent €7.49 + €0.79 in the store over the last 2 years :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I'm deliberating over getting Skyrim at 24 Euro...Seems great value but is it any good? I remember gettin Oblivion and thinking it was great,but it got so repetitive and the wooden characters wrecked my head so stopped after a week or so....

• Advertisement

I am thinking of Orcs Must Die 2 or Killing Floor... Anyone know which would be better?... Would also be interested in any other titles for under €5 that have online also... So tempted by Alan Wake also just not too sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got most of todays deals already and the rest im not interested in. I'm actually happy i might get through today without spending money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Am I right in thinking the next flash sale starts at 2am & ends at 10am? Is it every 8 hours, meaning three a day? Sorry, Steam Sale newb here :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

EnterNow wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the next flash sale starts at 2am & ends at 10am? Is it every 8 hours, meaning three a day? Sorry, Steam Sale newb here :o

Right you are.

I am thinking of Orcs Must Die 2 or Killing Floor... Anyone know which would be better?... Would also be interested in any other titles for under €5 that have online also... So tempted by Alan Wake also just not too sure...

I can't tell you which one you'll prefer. I can only tell you that I personally prefer OMD2 by a country mile (granted I've limited playtime with KF).

I can't tell you which one you'll prefer. I can only tell you that I personally prefer OMD2 by a country mile (granted I've limited playtime with KF).

Yeah I was more drifting towards OMD2 myself ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Champo worth getting for a noob that's not played a champo game since the 90's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Some nice Assassin's Creed deals in the flash sale atm;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

EnterNow wrote: »

2am, 10am and 6pm are the change times. 6pm is the daily deals, all three have flash sales. :)

• Advertisement

Champo worth getting for a noob that's not played a champo game since the 90's?

Yep well worth it, addictive as ever.

Advertisement