Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Folks, you really have to check out this Euro Truck Simulator 2 Bizz. Tis the shizz bizz. It's hard to explain why but it's just so enjoyable to play. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Grimebox wrote: »
    Why are you boycotting EA?

Don't like the way they operate, their business model, microtransactions, the last straw was the SimCity debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

trading cards are really kicking it now ... they are added to games, dropping ... trades are starting .... i can feel the addiction ...

got some to trade ?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

trading cards are really kicking it now ... they are added to games, dropping ... trades are starting .... i can feel the addiction ...

got some to trade ?

;)

There should already be a seperate trading card thread on the Games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ive made a staggering 80 cent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jernal wrote: »
    Folks, you really have to check out this Euro Truck Simulator 2 Bizz. Tis the shizz bizz. It's hard to explain why but it's just so enjoyable to play. :)

I'd love it if they released an expansion where by you could drive across america :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ive made a staggering 80 cent

Up to before the sale I manages to make almost €15, it's crazy and seems to be getting more popular with the more they release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

All my trading seems to be going down in price,
    except for my System Shock 2 SHODAN card which is actually going up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

got some to trade ?

;)

Yeah I thought it was a load of balls at the start but then I collected enough to craft the Summer sale badge then I sold a few spare ones from random games to buy the last 3 cards I needed to craft the Civ V badge and now, well now I'm hooked :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I haven't actually voted on anything from the next batch. First request gets my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How good are assassins creed games, those old ones? never played one but they always looked good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Just bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for €3.74.

The Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold edition is a great deal for €5,
    but I've got to have something to look forward to getting in the Xmas sale. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How good are assassins creed games, those old ones? never played one but they always looked good.

1 is ok, didn't enjoy it that much but absolutely loved AC II and Brotherhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

1 is repeatative but good story. 2 is good and def worth it. Cant sa about the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Assassin's Creed: Repetitive but fun.
    Assassin's Creed 2: Brilliant. Great story, more varied, has flaws but still great.
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Great story, great gameplay.
    Assassin's Creed Revalations: I liked it for the story, but most people feel this is the weakest.
    Assassin's Creed III: Biggest disappointment. Glitchy, rushed game. Boring setting for the most part. Worst in the series IMO.

So, I'd recommend them in this order: 2, Broho, Rev, 1, 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I'm a big fan of Assassins Creed (hence the name :)) I personally thought 1 was quite repetitive but still a good game, 2 is quality, Rev and Brotherhood are also quite good and 3 (while I enjoyed it) was the least impressive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

3 has imo some great combat and activities like hunting or growing the homestead and the stealth was expanded a bit with things like hiding in foliage.

But the story is dull as bricks and disappointing coming off the back of the Ezio trilogy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'd love it if they released an expansion where by you could drive across america :).

Is there anything for the roads of Ireland? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I loved AC 1 at the time, true its repetitive but the agility of the character and the smoothness of the way you move and the combat was all really great. Just running around climbing and pouncing on top of people from rooftops was fun.

2 is definitely better though, and brotherhood is better again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

bought FM13 for €8.74, there goes my social life for the next few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

3 has imo some great combat and activities like hunting or growing the homestead and the stealth was expanded a bit with things like hiding in foliage.

But the story is dull as bricks and disappointing coming off the back of the Ezio trilogy

Agreed. The Homestead was great.

Also, Desmond's sections (at least the ones I played because I only got as far as S10 before rage quitting on the game) are the best in the series, and really showed the potential of the character and missed opportunity of a modern day game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So I can buy AC 1, 2, Revelations and Brotherhood for 13.75
    And you can buy AC 3 for 18. That's a total of 31.75, but if you buy them in the bundle, the total comes to 42.50

That's a bit odd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

System Shock 2, Dishonored with Knife of Dunwall DLC, Deadlight and Amnesia all purchased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

AC2 has the best setting, loved Venice and Florence, Brotherhood has the best gameplay though I didn't like Rome as much. Both are well worth playing

I've limited myself to Civ V, Tropico 4, System Shock 2 and Mark of the Ninja so far, doubt I'll spend much more though always open to an irresistible bargain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

First purchase there now... Jewel of The Nile DLC for Serious Sam 3, only a euro :)

...t'is all downhill from'ere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I didn't mind Assassins Creed 3, bar the ending, and that far too long opening. Homestead was cool, and naval missions were fun albeit not enough of them. Setting was **** in comparison to the others though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

First purchase there now... Jewel of The Nile DLC for Serious Sam 3, only a euro :)

...t'is all downhill from'ere

Serious Sam 3 worth the pickup for €3.99 or should I spend my money elsewhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Serious Sam 3 worth the pickup for €3.99 or should I spend my money elsewhere?

I eh... Haven't played it yet :o

Got the collection on a humble bundle a few weeks ago. Looks like absolute mayhem, so interested me enough based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I eh... Haven't played it yet :o

Got the collection on a humble bundle a few weeks ago. Looks like absolute mayhem, so interested me enough based on that.

Just watched that trailer holy cow them guns are insane :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked up Assassin's Creed 2 , my favourite of the Assassin Creed games and for only €2.49. a Steam steal :D.

Advertisement