Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I guess no one cares about the options in the current poll.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Installed System Shock 2, then downloaded SS2Tool and ran it, then followed the guide of installing hi-res mods here:

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

I just unpacked them and dragged and dropped one by one merging/overwriting as I went. Booted up the game and voila - lovely sharp textures and visuals. Played an hour and a half and can already see it's worth.

Anyone on the fence about getting it I say jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I guess no one cares about the options in the current poll.

I think they were all either Daily Deals, Flashes or Community choices already, so I'd imagine most people who really wanted them would have got them already.

I haven't been interested in a community choice since the first day, but I keep voting just to get the cards... :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

It isnt a great poll tbh. I voted SimCity 4 cause its a game thats well wirth 3 euro if it includes the expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Just made first two purchases, The Secret World and the Hotline Miami soundtrack (which doesn't really count). The only thing I'm really hoping for is a daily deal on the SimBin Bundle apart that I'll just wait and see what pops up and catches my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'm interested in The Secret World, but haven't actually played any MMOs before so I'm wary. Anyone familiar with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I picked up the secret world also. I played the beta when it came out, it was ok I guess. Anything is better than guildwars 2 ^ ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Finally got to sit down and play an hour tonight of one of my newly acquired games, hard to pick one out of the list but went with Mark of the Ninja, very impressive, if only I didn't have to work in the morning, OK maybe one more hour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Friend needed to get copies of Dawn of War and its expansions for LAN, noticed they're reduced to 1.74 each - awesome price for seriously awesome RTS games. Dawn of War 2 is 3.74.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So....

I said I wasn't getting anything.

Well, I lied.

So far:

RCT3: Platinum
    Reus
    Testament of Sherlock Holmes
    JC2
    Hotline Miami.

Hmm'ing and hah'ing over System Shock 2. Played it briefly WAY back in the day. I know I'll enjoy it, especially with the visual mods, but I have loads in my "Going to play soon" catalogue.

• Advertisement

I just passed the €50 mark. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wnolan1992 wrote: »

LEVEL UP.

Welcome to the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Contemplating buying Serious Sam BFE.....anyone have any input on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Don't feel bad.

cDQsDNJ.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've earned no cards from voting because I'm only level 3 :(

Jet Black wrote: »
    Don't feel bad.

cDQsDNJ.png

:eek:

That makes me feel a little better anyway! :pac:
    Mickeroo wrote: »

I was level 4 and managed to upgrade by grinding the "Pillar of the Community" badge. If you don't have that already, there's a very easy hundred points there, maybe even 200 if you get the level 2. :)

I'm due another at the 2am vote... If I get Torchlight I'll finally be done with these ****ing cards! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I don't even understand the whole cards thing. I just crafted the ones I collected thinking I'd get a summer sale 2013 badge but I guess not as I got 3 cards worth next to nothing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am on the same boat... Think I need to get loads of CS: GO achievments now to rank up... 10XP away from level 4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm a level 5 lazer lotus. Can't beat that! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That's like so Day 2 of the sale man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Alan Wake any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Yakult wrote: »
    Alan Wake any good?
    It isn't scary if that's what you are looking for. Did enjoy it though. Does the Steam version come with the DLC though, I wonder. You'll want to get them, even though they aren't as good as the main game for the story.

It isn't scary if that's what you are looking for. Did enjoy it though. Does the Steam version come with the DLC though, I wonder. You'll want to get them, even though they aren't as good as the main game for the story.

AFAIK it's like an extra euro or 2 with the DLC ...

Anyone know how I can level up I am 10XP away from level 4 and taught that if I get a silver medal in the Achievements for CS: GO I would get some XP to try and reach level 5 on time... It seems I got no XP for achievements so it will virtually be impossible for me to get to level 5 unless I complete these silly trading card tasks which will not happen on time... I got the Community Ambassador badge and like 2 others..

nesf wrote: »
    That's like so Day 2 of the sale man.

My budget for the entire sale was €50 though... and there's still 6 days to go... :\

I loved Alan Wake, DLC and all. Atmospheric, strange, decent gameplay.

My budget for the entire sale was €50 though... and there's still 6 days to go... :\

6 more days!

Fup.

I thought I was doing well, and it was almost over.

Soooo........

Anyone fancy this nice fresh virgin ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

C'mon Monaco!
    C'mon Monaco!
    C'mon Monaco!:D

What a terrible update to the flash sales :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I've already bought 2 of those in previous flash sales!NEED SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO SPEND MY GIRLFRIENDS MONEY ON :)

• Advertisement

Primordia in the CC looks...intriguing.

But agree with WZB, Flash sale is very meh.

Advertisement