Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Really disappointed now that I didn't snatch Serious Sam 3 BFE up ... Went on flash sale for €3.99 and now it is €19.99 massive increase..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

F1 2012 is a very good game. It's ridiculously hard too. :D Cockpit view in the rain. Not to mention that most of the time you'll be probably be fighting for around 18th position. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Primordia in the CC looks...intriguing.

Yeah, hoping for that to win the vote myself

There making further reductions to the flash sales... Now think the deductions are around 75% so I suppose it is not too bad now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

OMG Aliens Colonial Marines. So cool. 12 euro. Pure gold. Must buy. Deal of the Summer. GOTY right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

There making further reductions to the flash sales... Now think the deductions are around 75% so I suppose it is not too bad now..

Don't judge the prices in the first few minutes after the roll over, seems to be very slow to catch on. Usually 15 minutes or so.

F1 2012 for that price is very highly recommended if you like less arcadey type racing games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Jernal wrote: »
    F1 2012 is a very good game. It's ridiculously hard too. :D Cockpit view in the rain. Not to mention that most of the time you'll be probably be fighting for around 18th position. :)

Noob :P I've finished first with HRT on the second hardest difficulty. And 8th overall with HRT in that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Dragon Age Origins is a great game. Would recommend, but I guess it isn't for everyone, though what is.

Any voting requests?

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Dragon Age Origins is a great game. Would recommend, but I guess it isn't for everyone, though what is.

Already have it. :D Must go back sometime, and finish it. Story of my life.

Meant to say, lads and lasses, steam profile is in sig, same as here. Add away. I don't do a lot of multi gaming, but shure, it's all good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have to laugh at the fact the woman in the trailer for that Mars game is speaking English but it still has subtitles. Though it does sound like a cross between the Amiga talking and The Man From Another Place from Twin Peaks.

And I'll probably find out now that she's not actually foreign but has a speech problem and feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Jernal wrote: »
    F1 2012 for that price is very highly recommended if you like less arcadey type racing games. :)

How is it if you have no steering wheel controller? I'm thinking of buying it and using the 360 controller for it? I know keyboards are useless for driving games!..
    Voted for Primordia myself. Looks like an interesting one. I'm guess Surgeon sim will win it though.
    I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs. If anyone is thinking about it, it's worth it. I really enjoyed the story, although it was on the short side. I've seen people post about cheap places for it though, so keep an eye out for it. Might save you a few quid.!

After not having a clue what to buy and the flash sales having nothing I wanted.. Decided to purchase Orcs Must Die 2... It now says I have 9 games but somehow I only have 8 to be installed (unless they are counting buying Operation Pass for CS: GO as a game) ... Think if I purchase 1 more title then I should get to Level 5 or close enough anyways...

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the fact the woman in the trailer for that Mars game is speaking English but it still has subtitles. Though it does sound like a cross between the Amiga talking and The Man From Another Place from Twin Peaks.

And I'll probably find out now that she's not actually foreign but has a speech problem and feel bad.

I was watching an episode of Ghost Hunters International on Netflix, and there was one in Northern Ireland, a little island of the coast of Antrim. Wifey pointed out that when one particular guy, a local from the island, was speaking, it was subtitled! I didn't even notice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I just picked up some Civ 5 DLC I was missing from the GOTY edition for €1.24.

I believe that brings it in line with the Gold Edition version out now,
    it's basically Civ 5 & all DLC except the latest Brave New World.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Moon54 wrote: »
    I just picked up some Civ 5 DLC I was missing from the GOTY edition for €1.24.

I believe that brings it in line with the Gold Edition version out now,
    it's basically Civ 5 & all DLC except the latest Brave New World.

Get Brave New World asap man it adds so much more to the game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Mister Man wrote: »
    How is it if you have no steering wheel controller? I'm thinking of buying it and using the 360 controller for it? I know keyboards are useless for driving games!..

It's fine with a controller. Superb game

GarIT wrote: »
    Noob :P I've finished first with HRT on the second hardest difficulty. And 8th overall with HRT in that season.
    Well yeah I only bought it like the week before the sale. :P Still gotta say that's very impressive. Did you ever play the full length races? I think they're epic. :D Tried to one and my concentration was shot after about 25 laps. By lap 30 or so I was making mistakes galore.

Mister Man wrote: »

Use a 360 pad here with no real issues. It might be why I'm struggling at the game but I still enjoy the game a heck of a lot. Have to use the steering assist. You may be able to avoid that though, who knows? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Oh, and for Civ completionists out there;

Civilization III Complete is €1.24;
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3910/
    &
    Civilization IV The Complete Edition is €6.24;
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4323/
    &
    Civilization V Gold Edition is €9.99;
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

For a Civ newcomer, what are the main differences between IV and V?

• Advertisement

For a Civ newcomer, what are the main differences between IV and V?

I

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I was level 4 and managed to upgrade by grinding the "Pillar of the Community" badge. If you don't have that already, there's a very easy hundred points there, maybe even 200 if you get the level 2. :)

I'm due another at the 2am vote... If I get Torchlight I'll finally be done with these ****ing cards! :P

That worked a treat, went from a level 2 (thought I was 3, I was wrong) up to 4 in the last half an hour, only need 28XP to get to 5 now!

Does anyone know if DLC counts towards Game Collection? Also can you partially pay with Steam Wallet and Visa card?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That worked a treat, went from a level 2 (thought I was 3, I was wrong) up to 4 in the last half an hour, only need 28XP to get to 5 now!

I have been spending hours trying to get to level 5 :rolleyes: .. I think all I need is one more game then I will get to level 5 as my Games Collection would be 10+ (Hoping that gives me 125XP) as I am currently 5XP from level 4... So stressful trying to get to level 5 :(

EDIT:

Just came across this that might help us?

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/30/864973123626429503/

Moon54 wrote: »
    Oh, and for Civ completionists out there;

Civilization III Complete is €1.24;
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3910/
    &
    Civilization IV The Complete Edition is €6.24;
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4323/
    &
    Civilization V Gold Edition is €9.99;
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544/
    I've never played a Civ game before. I just set Civ 5 demo to download, but my connection is terrible. I'll have called it a night before I get it let alone to have enough time to play.

3 being so cheap it'd be crazy to turn down getting that. Though, there is more to a game than the monetary cost. I have to factor in the time cost too. Would 3 hold up? Or would I really just be wasting my time and should go on to 4? Or 5?

I've never played a Civ game before. I just set Civ 5 demo to download, but my connection is terrible. I'll have called it a night before I get it let alone to have enough time to play.

3 being so cheap it'd be crazy to turn down getting that. Though, there is more to a game than the monetary cost. I have to factor in the time cost too. Would 3 hold up? Or would I really just be wasting my time and should go on to 4? Or 5?

If you can't run Mark of the Ninja then I'd have serious doubts about you running Civ V.

Damn canyourunit. Right, never going there again.

Damn canyourunit. Right, never going there again.

The demo should have a benchmark for the game. Run that, or just try the demo, and you'll find out. I'd be surprised if you got more than 10fps with an intel hd 1000. I could be wrong though. Hopefully I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

OMG Aliens Colonial Marines. So cool. 12 euro. Pure gold. Must buy. Deal of the Summer. GOTY right there.
    Ive heard its actually really disappointing?

what of the DLCs?

picking up f1 2012.

Advertisement