Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Uhh pushtrak.
    :(

Hope that's not your set.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Ive heard its actually really disappointing?

what of the DLCs?

I believe he was being sarcastic. :) Besides, we all know the game of the summer, if not the game of year, nay decade, is Infestation : Survivor Stories. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I just trawled back around 10 pages. Have posts per page to max, and saw the post I was thinking of earlier. It was saying how 4 is far better than 3.
    Jernal wrote: »
    The demo should have a benchmark for the game. Run that, or just try the demo, and you'll find out. I'd be surprised if you got more than 10fps with an intel hd 1000. I could be wrong though. Hopefully I am.
    I'll give the demo a go. It might go on sale again another time in the duration. If it doesn't, it isn't like I have a lack of games.
    Uhh pushtrak.
    :(

Hope that's not your set.
    Nope, the only part that really sucks is the graphics card. I have an i5-2320 @ 3GHz (4 CPUs)
    4 GB RAM

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Damn canyourunit. Right, never going there again.

I played Civ V for 11 hours on sunday and you have better graphics card than me so I wouldn't worry. Funnily enough systemrequirementslab gives me a pass for Civ V but a fail for Mark of the Ninja. Although Gods & Kings expansion is a fail though.

So what have we learned tonight?
    Systemsrequirementslab is a pile of shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

So, apparently this is a thing..

66n3jno.jpg

There was me expecting Half-Life 3 to be confirmed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So what have we learned tonight?
    Systemsrequirementslab is a pile of shyte.

What I have learned is that I will not reach level 5 by the 22nd July... Need 100XP which means I need a miracle :mad:

Miracles occur if you care to call those spasmodic tricks of radiance miracles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

66n3jno.jpg

I hope this is wrong! Dead Island: Riptide is ****, and I wasn't impressed by todays daily deals either :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Mister Man wrote: »
    I hope this is wrong! Dead Island: Riptide is ****, and I wasn't impressed by todays daily deals either :/

It's been common knowledge for a while that the ten games that make up the Summer Getaway trading card set would each be highlighted on the daily deals, with the postcards revealing what's coming the following day. So it's right, even though you're right about Riptide being shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

It's been common knowledge for a while that the ten games that make up the Summer Getaway trading card set would each be highlighted on the daily deals, with the postcards revealing what's coming the following day. So it's right, even though you're right about Riptide being shit.

Would that suggest Prison arch. would be a featured deal soon?... I got a trading card for that! If so, I can accept riptide as tomorrows deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Would that suggest Prison arch. would be a featured deal soon?... I got a trading card for that! If so, I can accept riptide as tomorrows deal.

Yeah, don't think we've had that yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

What I have learned is that I will not reach level 5 by the 22nd July... Need 100XP which means I need a miracle :mad:

You can get 100xp from crafting a badge, just find a game with 6 cards and get 3 to drop then trade or spend around .20cents on the other 3 in the market

You can get 100xp from crafting a badge, just find a game with 6 cards and get 3 to drop then trade or spend around .20cents on the other 3 in the market

The thing is, I can't get the 6 cards.. I am unable to purchase trading cards or trade cards until the 11th August :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

How is it if you have no steering wheel controller? I'm thinking of buying it and using the 360 controller for it? I know keyboards are useless for driving games!..
    Voted for Primordia myself. Looks like an interesting one. I'm guess Surgeon sim will win it though.
    I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs. If anyone is thinking about it, it's worth it. I really enjoyed the story, although it was on the short side. I've seen people post about cheap places for it though, so keep an eye out for it. Might save you a few quid.!

360 controller is great with it imo.

Also, RCT3 is probably the best buy for me so far. Forgot how awesome it is. Hooked all over again. I recommend that peeps buy it if it comes up in the sale again.

Just played one quick game of Orcs Must Die 2 ... I am amazed already :eek: .. Definately worth the €3.74 absolute bargain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Orcs Must Die 1 was good but I never finished it so buying 2 seemed silly to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Overheal wrote: »

Sil...Silly?

Ah heyor, Overheal, you're here long enough to know the craic.

:p

Overheal wrote: »

I suppose they both are probably pretty much the same game anyways... Love the battling system although the sensitivity was quiet high to begin with... That ends my Steam Sale buy's anyways I hope...

Damage done:

Counter Strike Collection - €7.49
    Orcs Must Die 2 - €3.74
    MC Pixel - €0.79
    Alan Wake: American Nightmare - €1.39
    CS: GO Operation Pass - €0.79

Total Damage = €14.20

Happy out :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Civ IV Complete & V Gold for €16? Are you sure Steam? Seriously I don't want to be short changi....oh you're sure? Cool, I'll take 'em :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

God Dam It Steam, now i have only 23GB of data left before i hit my download limit, must nurse that for the next 14 days. God Dam Steam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone reckon Dragon Age: Origins will go cheaper than what it currently is? Very tempted, but played it already on 360 and that's what's stopping me! Have SS2 sitting there waiting for a buddy to be bought with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I wish all this cards nonsense could be disabled for those that aren't interested. It reminds me of when TF2 went crazy about hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Anyone reckon Dragon Age: Origins will go cheaper than what it currently is? Very tempted, but played it already on 360 and that's what's stopping me! Have SS2 sitting there waiting for a buddy to be bought with.

Unlikely, the deals are generally the lowest it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Been such a disappointing sale. I typically spend €80-100 bucks per sale, but I havn't been tempted by anything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Usually a flash sale is as good a discount as you're going to get in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

66n3jno.jpg

or just use the hoverzoom extension to mouse over it to make it bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's been a quiet one for me too - mostly because there's not much left that I want after previous sales and bundle deals. I got Natural Selection 2, Chivalry, To The Moon and Torchlight II and am still hoping on a Baldur's Gate flash sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Been such a disappointing sale. I typically spend €80-100 bucks per sale, but I havn't been tempted by anything :(

Maybe because you've spent €80-100 per sale before now? :)

For those using CYRI to check requirements maybe try yougamers game-o-meter. I remember with AC2, the first time I tried playing it on my old card it was unplayable. CYRI told me I could play it while yougamers said otherwise.
    Or if you want enter your details manually
    http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/game_requirements_check

Advertisement