Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

It's been a quiet one for me too - mostly because there's not much left that I want after previous sales and bundle deals. I got Natural Selection 2, Chivalry, To The Moon and Torchlight II and am still hoping on a Baldur's Gate flash sale.

Same here, its been a fairly decent sale in terms of prices, its just that I have bought most of them already. I only got 3

Civ 5-gold
    Torchlight II
    The Witcher 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jet Black wrote: »
    Don't feel bad.

cDQsDNJ.png

How do you get that screen up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone else only seeing two choices for Community Choice? (Walking Dead and Van Helsing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Skerries wrote: »
    How do you get that screen up?

On the main page click 'find out how' under summer getaway badge. Then view your progress in the middle of the page. Then how do I earn more card in the top right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Vojera wrote: »
    Anyone else only seeing two choices for Community Choice? (Walking Dead and Van Helsing)

The same for me (using the steam app)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

For me, it's a combination of having had a couple of good plurges in previous sales, and being a bit more selective in what I want to spend.

NTMK wrote: »
    The same for me (using the steam app)

And me.

Odd.

No third option.

3rd.

No Half-Life 3!
    :O
    Sorry, that's the first and last time I'll ever do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Jet Black wrote: »
    On the main page click 'find out how' under summer getaway badge. Then view your progress in the middle of the page. Then how do I earn more card in the top right.

Think I'd probably be happier if I hadn't seen that :o

262923.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Remember to convert to Euro. :pac:

My total isn't too terrible (not great either mind), but then I did spend some on Amazon, GMG and Nuuvem too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is tomorrow last day?

I did not gone too mad this time, but I might pick up something just before it closes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

JohnK wrote: »
    Think I'd probably be happier if I hadn't seen that :o

attachment.php?attachmentid=262923&d=1374052736

Thank you. Now I don't feel so bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Is tomorrow last day?

I did not gone too mad this time, but I might pick up something just before it closes down.

22nd I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    22nd I thought?

it is the 22nd yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

it is the 22nd yeah

so only 5 more rounds of Daily Deals left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Quiet so far for me too. Pity I don't give a **** about most strategy/indie games tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, 22nd. Lovely so.

By the way lads, I noticed that current trading cards of some games are branded as series 1. So they actually might do extra cards for same game down the line and remove the ability to get series 1? In that case all the cards might turn our quite valuable in the future. Might be a better idea on holding on to them.

Do the cards get destroyed when you craft a badge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ah, 22nd. Lovely so.

By the way lads, I noticed that current trading cards of some games are branded as series 1. So they actually might do extra cards for same game down the line and remove the ability to get series 1? In that case all the cards might turn our quite valuable in the future. Might be a better idea on holding on to them.

The way prices are at the moment it's probably wise to do that anyway. I've been snapping up some really cheap cards now and then and flogging them on for 2 and 3 cent more.. i swear, this trading card lark is ruining me the way the rmah in diablo3 ruined me. :D

If you haven't picked up Mark of the Ninja yet, a) why not, and b) you can get it on Amazon.com for €2.86 with free games. Linkage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

slightly off topic but if i need to make space on my HD can i simply cut and paste from the steam common apps folder onto an HD instead of using steam mover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Whats the story with only 2 flash deals and the voting ending at 5:30 ?

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Whats the story with only 2 flash deals and the voting ending at 5:30 ?

Something big is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    slightly off topic but if i need to make space on my HD can i simply cut and paste from the steam common apps folder onto an HD instead of using steam mover
    after you have moved the game, you can use this command:
    mklink /J <source folder> <destination folder>

To create a link. Now as far as steam is concerned you never moved it :)

either that or use some 3rd party tool or that installation location folder in steam itself, I haven't used that myself yet so no idea how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Do the cards get destroyed when you craft a badge?

Yes, your 8 cards get crafted in to a badge (they get destroyed). First badge gets you 100xp and level 1 of the steam summer badge, then you can go on to the next levels with another 8 cards, this time it gets you 200xp. I think it goes all the way up to 5 levels which nets 500xp. Not certain tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Found this on reddit, not sure if it works: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1ig2hh/something_i_figured_out_about_the_steam_summer/ (click the top link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Yep, no need for Steammover nowadays truth be told. You simply copy and paste the folder in the steamapps to your HD. Then go into steam and uninstall the game. Now all you have to do when you want to play it again is copy the game folder back into the steamapps folder. Once you've done this go into steam and click install. Steam will detect the files already in existence and just update your registry and all other little things as necessary.

You can even set up steam to access to different library by adding an second or more library directory. So yeah, steammover isn't really necessary imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

If you haven't picked up Mark of the Ninja yet, a) why not, and b) you can get it on Amazon.com for €2.86 with free games. Linkage.

I cant see the free games. Where are they?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is it worth the extra 40c for the Alan Wake Franchise over the Alan Wake Collector's Edition? :pac:

I cant see the free games. Where are they?

See the box under the game info, entitled "Digital Games Bonus Offer: Use Code "Gooncave" and Save an Additional 15%"? The link is in that box.
    DaLad wrote: »
    Yes, your 8 cards get crafted in to a badge (they get destroyed). First badge gets you 100xp and level 1 of the steam summer badge, then you can go on to the next levels with another 8 cards, this time it gets you 200xp. I think it goes all the way up to 5 levels which nets 500xp. Not certain tho.

Those XPs are cumulative, so you're only gaining an extra 100XP each time you level up. So when you reach level 5, you've already gained 400 of the 500XP for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Those XPs are cumulative, so you're only gaining an extra 100XP each time you level up. So when you reach level 5, you've already gained 400 of the 500XP for it.

Oh right really?

I'm new to the badges so wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying :p

Advertisement