Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

DaLad wrote: »
    Oh right really?

I'm new to the badges so wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying :p

Nah, to be fair they've worded their FAQ very badly. It's only through experience people found out what really happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is there a time limit for buying/selling/redeeming the trading cards?

Trading cards in general are here to stay. The Summer Getaway set in particular can only be earned during the sale, but they can be traded, bought, sold and crafted after the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ive read all the trading cards stuff but still not sure what exactly you get from them? free games or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ive read all the trading cards stuff but still not sure what exactly you get from them? free games or what?

You create badges from them which are saved on your profile page. You also get XP from them which helps level up your 'Steam level'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

VinLieger wrote: »

Each card crafted drops a coupon or other card, along with profiles backgrounds and emoticons. Crafting them gains you XP, which raises your Steam level, which grants things like expanded friend list slots, badges.

Nah, they're largely useless apart from being able to decorate your profile with backgrounds, badges and stuff. Before the sale (and I'm assuming after), crafting a badge will drop money-off coupons for games.

A by-product of the badges is the increase in XP, but again this does nothing other than allow you pimp out your profile or add extra friend slots.

This may be long but it will ultimately answer your question!;

Steam Trading cards FAQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just be careful about adding funds to your steam wallet as it locks your ability to sell / trade / buy on cards ect... for a few days.

I'm locked out of trading / buying / selling until Friday because I added €5 to my Steam wallet to buy the community maps :rolleyes:.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,313 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I crafted the FTL badge last night just to bump myself up to level 5. Probably just keep the cards from now on, keep an eye on the prices on the market and sell them. I'm going to be rich I tells ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Clover wrote: »
    Just be careful about adding funds to your steam wallet as it locks your ability to sell / trade / buy on cards ect... for a few days.

I'm locked out of trading / buying / selling until Friday because I added €5 to my Steam wallet to buy the community maps :rolleyes:.

I think that's only if you do it via paypal or credit card. I bought an actual Steam voucher in Game and it hasn't locked me out of anything.

Also:
    Vojera wrote: »
    Damn you guys. I had sworn there'd be no more off-wishlist purchases and then you had to start talking up Mark of the Ninja. Dammit!

I take it all back, it's a great game! I sat down to play it for "five minutes" and my morning is gone!

I think that's only if you do it via paypal or credit card. I bought an actual Steam voucher in Game and it hasn't locked me out of anything.

Also:

I take it all back, it's a great game! I sat down to play it for "five minutes" and my morning is gone!
    Yeah, use a new form of payment for the first time and it does that (though they have no problem letting you spend the wallet funds in the Steam store!!).

I did it via paypal alright , the same paypal account that I have used to buy games on Steam for years.

Minor inconvenience nothing more.

Clover wrote: »

Really?

I added €5 to my Steam account a few days ago using Moneybookers and I wasn't restricted in any way :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Am I the only one seeing two choices for the vote? What's going on here?

Digy123 wrote: »
    Am I the only one seeing two choices for the vote? What's going on here?

Nope, everyone seems to be the same. (Just seeing 2 games)

Maybe something big to come? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me, or there are feck all civ 5 cards?! :confused: I am getting nothing in search, but I can get for other stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Is it me, or there are feck all civ 5 cards?! :confused: I am getting nothing in search, but I can get for other stuff...
    Could be typing civilisation instead of civilization in the search?

I still do this. Stupid American English.

I can buy Games with the funds I added to my Steam wallet .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DaLad wrote: »
    Nope, everyone seems to be the same. (Just seeing 2 games)

Maybe something big to come? :eek:

Holy crap it's going to be half life 3. They'll put it back in at the last minute. If it wins the vote then we get half life 3, if it doesn't win the vote then we never get it. EVERYBODY STOP VOTING!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I like this trading card stuff. Spent a good portion of yesterday driving around in a truck relaxing. Today I sold all the cards earned for doing that for just under a euro. Sold them for 20-22 cents. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Imgaine half life three thrown in on the last day, that would be one very crashed server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Imgaine half life three thrown in on the last day, that would be one very crashed server.

Murder rates would rise exponentially as nobody would likely have any money left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Short term loans would skyrocket

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Short term loans would skyrocket

Half life 3 sponsored by quick quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Does anyone know if the latest Borderlands 2 dlc Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep has had a decent discount while on sale?

Looks like it's 33% off right now while not being featured as a daily deal/flash sale/community choice. Just wondering if it has gone lower than 33%

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I crafted the badge twice since yesterday :P just search for "Sid" and they'll all pop up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sleeping Dogs DLC worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mewso wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs DLC worth it?

Must get I would say, you get loads of stuff and Nightmare at North Point is really fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Xenji wrote: »
    Must get I would say, you get loads of stuff and Nightmare at North Point is really fun.

Might opt for just a few then. Not too keen on extra cash and weapons etc. since that might spoil the game first time around.

Advertisement