Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Vicxas wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen that game thats €83 euro on Steam, really curious as to why its so expensive..
    If it's the planetary one, it's cause they are essentially using steam as a kickstarter. Game isn't finished yet, I don't think it's even in Beta yet. Current price gets you access to Alpha, Beta, and completed products. Then when it goes into Beta the price will go down and you'll get access to Beta and the finished product.

(At least, that's how I understand it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Skerries wrote: »
    because it was a kickstarter game so they don't to sell under the price that backers put in

I think ill pass...

Civ 5 Brave new world has dropped price, hopefully the other expansions will be in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Vicxas wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen that game thats €83 euro on Steam, really curious as to why its so expensive..
    What's it called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

humanji wrote: »
    What's it called?

Planetary Annihilation
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From the Amazon sale there are a few games I would like that I can't see being much cheaper - AC Brotherhood, Revelations and Amnesia. Especially since they're dollar prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I might get AC3 there on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2Z50KI?tag=viglink129408-20

That's €10.22, it'll hardly go less than that on the steam sale and if it does I won't cry over a few euro. Will I be able to use a credit card I already used on amazon.co.uk by just setting up an account and saying I live at no.5 park avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yeah, I've used the same debit card for purchases on both the .com and .co.uk variants without problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Are you able to download games off of amazon I thought it was just for americans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are you able to download games off of amazon I thought it was just for americans

Once you stick in an American address for the postage/card, I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Is this on today/tomorrow??

Help!! i'm in work!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nobody knows..

could be tonight or next wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

phew! Cheers grassy!

My work comps so **** and restricted i cant even see the thanks button to thank you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

shaneb92 wrote: »

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

I'm actually off work after tomorrow til Tuesday so I can make a start at clearing my backlog if getting more games. But guessing it'll be 1 step forward 5 steps back.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

What time do they usually start like midnight or is it random ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What time do they usually start like midnight or is it random ?

I think it tends to update at around 6pm Irish time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Considering the midweek sale doesn't end until midnight tomorrow night, and the sale usually starts at 6 instead of the weekend sale, I doubt it'll be tomorow, especially since I doubt Valve keep many people in on the 4th of July. More than likely it's next week on the 11th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

titan18 wrote: »
    Considering the midweek sale doesn't end until midnight tomorrow night, and the sale usually starts at 6 instead of the weekend sale, I doubt it'll be tomorow, especially since I doubt Valve keep many people in on the 4th of July. More than likely it's next week on the 11th.

Was it not already posted that it starts on the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

When crafting a badge tonight I was given this instead of a discount coupon. Something is coming... :D

zfvmUnA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Falthyron wrote: »
    When crafting a badge tonight I was given this instead of a discount coupon. Something is coming... :D

zfvmUnA.jpg

I just got one too,Interesting.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bah, I'm going to miss out on all these shenanigans - restricted from trading for 30 days all because I reset my password last week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Has anyone here ever had a problem with some games not starting up when you go to play them on steam? Been trying to figure out the problem all day and tried every trick google has thrown up but no use. Even uninstalled steam and 200+ GB of games and nothing.

No use buying games on the summer sale if half of them won't work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Has anyone here ever had a problem with some games not starting up when you go to play them on steam? Been trying to figure out the problem all day and tried every trick google has thrown up but no use. Even uninstalled steam and 200+ GB of games and nothing.

No use buying games on the summer sale if half of them won't work for me :(

What happens when you try and boot the game from your steam client?
    What OS are you running?
    Drivers all up-to-date?
    Can you boot non-steam games?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Mister Man wrote: »
    What happens when you try and boot the game from your steam client?
    What OS are you running?
    Drivers all up-to-date?
    Can you boot non-steam games?

Running windows 7 64-bit
    All drivers are up to date and updated framework and all that stuff as I seen it suggested elsewhere.
    Non steam games work fine and some steam games work ok too. Batman AA, not a chance will it work. Batman AC, runs perfectly. Went to start Bioshock yesterday as I hadn't played it yet (the original) and it just wouldn't work. That was the first time I noticed the problem. My name turns green on steam as if I'm in the game but nothing loads. The game is in processes on task manager but not in applications. It has left my scratching my head as to what the problem could be.
    The PC is only 2 months old also. Was looking forward to wasting cash on more games during the sale but not if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Running windows 7 64-bit
    All drivers are up to date and updated framework and all that stuff as I seen it suggested elsewhere.
    Non steam games work fine and some steam games work ok too. Batman AA, not a chance will it work. Batman AC, runs perfectly. Went to start Bioshock yesterday as I hadn't played it yet (the original) and it just wouldn't work. That was the first time I noticed the problem. My name turns green on steam as if I'm in the game but nothing loads. The game is in processes on task manager but not in applications. It has left my scratching my head as to what the problem could be.
    The PC is only 2 months old also. Was looking forward to wasting cash on more games during the sale but not if this continues.

I had similar issues with the Witcher (original) and after multiple restarts, searching online and trying various fixes, it worked. Searching the steam forums for the games you are having trouble with would be my suggestion. But there is hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right click on the game, and click on "Verify Game files" (or something along them lines)

It'll run a scan on the files on your PC and then redownload any files its missing, see if that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Digy123 wrote: »
    I just got one too,Interesting.....

I seen this and tried crafting two badges and I have two of them now. Can't be arsed crafting any more so it's wait and see now.

Also if you sell/buy one you pay the Mystery fee! :)

igyoXvCjxdNp1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Greenman Gaming have beaten Steam to the punch with their 666 sale (six deals every six hours for six days). Thank god I've already got my holidays booked or I'd be spending all my money on this and then the Steam sale.

I highly recommend Silent Storm Gold, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Final Fantasy VII just showed up on steam..

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11030/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

:0

Advertisement