Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Alot give you extra money which makes the progression all wonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Are all the others games that arent half life 1, 2 and episode 2 worth getting in the half life complete bundle? Never played half life so thinking of getting the main games from the series

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Are all the others games that arent half life 1, 2 and episode 2 worth getting in the half life complete bundle? Never played half life so thinking of getting the main games from the series

:eek:

Opposing Force and Blue Shift were HL1 expansion packs and let you play as one of the soldiers and security guards respectively that you'll have come across in HL1 itself.

As expansions they don't quite live up to HL1 itself but the story and setting are so good they really add to the whole universe.

HL2 and Episodes 1 & 2 are simply outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On the note of Half Life 1 and the addons, I got that Half Life Generation pack a while back on disc. Is it possible to use this in Steam and get the HD addons?
    I know Steam came after but thinking maybe can identify them somehow and pick them up as purchased through steam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

CastorTroy wrote: »
    On the note of Half Life 1 and the addons, I got that Half Life Generation pack a while back on disc. Is it possible to use this in Steam and get the HD addons?
    I know Steam came after but thinking maybe can identify them somehow and pick them up as purchased through steam?

doubt it, they are separate items in my games list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

God Dam It Steam, now i have only 23GB of data left before i hit my download limit, must nurse that for the next 14 days. God Dam Steam!
    Just buy things and download 'em later.
    Anyone reckon Dragon Age: Origins will go cheaper than what it currently is? Very tempted, but played it already on 360 and that's what's stopping me! Have SS2 sitting there waiting for a buddy to be bought with.
    I have it on the 360 too, but from what I hear it is far, far superior on the PC. I'd definitely have gotten it again if I had a good enough PC for it... Though, I'd be pissed during that one bit that sucks
    the fade bit that overstays its welcome
    but would get over it when playing The Awakening again.
    Something big is coming.
    Half Life 3 at +200%*.
    Is it me, or there are feck all civ 5 cards?! :confused: I am getting nothing in search, but I can get for other stuff...
    What are you searching? Civilization, Civilization V or Civilization 5? I'd suggest not going with the last one. It didn't do anything for game search for me last night.

Oh, and know how I said I wouldn't play the demo for Civilization V last night? Well, best laid plans. It worked on my PC at least the vanilla game. No real issues when I was actually playing. Didn't tweak any of the settings from the demo. Did get two scares in start up though. Got two not responding things. I just let it try to resolve the issue both times, and it did. Had a lot of fun with it.

* Sorry, I'm joking. Don't ask me how I know that those of you saying "Sure, deal."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CastorTroy wrote: »

try and put the code from the box into Steam and there is a strong chance of getting the entire Half Life 1 collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Oh, and know how I said I wouldn't play the demo for Civilization V last night? Well, best laid plans. It worked on my PC at least the vanilla game. No real issues when I was actually playing. Didn't tweak any of the settings from the demo. Did get two scares in start up though. Got two not responding things. I just let it try to resolve the issue both times, and it did. Had a lot of fun with it.

Great stuff, now the Mark of the Ninja awaits. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Jernal wrote: »
    Great stuff, now the Mark of the Ninja awaits. :D
    Yeah, actually. Will get that now. If it doesn't work well (hey, be ready for anything) then I'll have it for whenever I upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

mewso wrote: »
    Might opt for just a few then. Not too keen on extra cash and weapons etc. since that might spoil the game first time around.

Nightmare at North Point, Year of the Snake and Zodiac Tournament are the main ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

:eek:

Opposing Force and Blue Shift were HL1 expansion packs and let you play as one of the soldiers and security guards respectively that you'll have come across in HL1 itself.

As expansions they don't quite live up to HL1 itself but the story and setting are so good they really add to the whole universe.

HL2 and Episodes 1 & 2 are simply outstanding.

Hmm, well if Im getting those I might as well get the complete bundle. Although it seems to be missing Half-Life Deathmatch: Source

Just had a look at the forums, doesnt look like i would be missing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

abbir wrote: »
    Nightmare at North Point, Year of the Snake and Zodiac Tournament are the main ones.

Bah, went ahead and got the lot on the recommendation of someone on another forum :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hmm, well if Im getting those I might as well get the complete bundle. Although it seems to be missing Half-Life Deathmatch: Source

AFAIK only HL1 one was ported to the Source engine. The rest run on the old HL1 engine - a heavily customised Quake engine.

They'll look a bit dated but after about 10 minutes you won't notice or care and then when you play opposing force and blue shift you won't have a sudden drop in quality that can be off-putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Off topic, but HL related, I have original launch discs for HL1, OF, & BS...can I use those cd-keys to redeem the games on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

EnterNow wrote: »
    Off topic, but HL related, I have original launch discs for HL1, OF, & BS...can I use those cd-keys to redeem the games on Steam?

Not sure but I suppose it can't hurt to put them in anyway and see what happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes, you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Do you reckon there's any chance of Cave Story+ going under 75%-off? According to Enhanced Steam, the current price is the lowest they've ever sold it at.

(Also, I know I have the sale-bug now because I'd have snapped it up for that price in a second if it was a normal midweek madness or something like that :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I can also confirm this. I only have the launch disk for HL1 and it also gave me Opposing Force and Blue Shift, which I had never played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just enter one and it should give you all the games and then offer the other keys on here as it should do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Notorious wrote: »
    I can also confirm this. I only have the launch disk for HL1 and it also gave me Opposing Force and Blue Shift, which I had never played.

I was wondering about that. I have a copy of Half Life from years ago, but I do have Opposing Forces and Blue Shift as well on Steam, even though I definitely never purchased either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

You guys see this, supposedly, leaked steam sale?
    The Steam Summer Getaway Sale continues!
    Today's Daily Deals include:
    Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
    Dead Island Series 50 - 75% off
    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
    Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
    Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
    Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
    Ace of Spades 75% off
    Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
    Evoland 50% off
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

Not sure how real it is, but I guess we'll find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Most of those have been on sale already this week so i doubt it.

EGriff wrote: »
    Most of those have been on sale already this week so i doubt it.

It supports the idea that it's the dead island highlight day.

EDIT: This is the source they gave.

mp0.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda hope it's different, I'm still waiting for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to get a good drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    You guys see this, supposedly, leaked steam sale?

Not sure how real it is, but I guess we'll find out.

I was about to post this myself just seen it on Reddit, I wouldn't mind picking up Fallen Enchantress @66-75% off if indeed it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Angron wrote: »
    Kinda hope it's different, I'm still waiting for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to get a good drop.

Has it not dropped to €5 yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope, every time I've checked it's still been the 40% off, so the deluxe edition (all the DLC) is €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Those are definitely today's daily deals. Popped up on Steam's twitter account for a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    It supports the idea that it's the dead island highlight day.

EDIT: This is the source they gave.

Well it must be true then since that's the steam news page....

Bit stupid putting so many games up on daily deals that were already in flash sales.

• Advertisement

Means I can pick up tropico after I missed it the other day.

Advertisement