Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Andrew76 wrote: »
    He came across as an arrogant twat in that film, I'll happily miss out on playing Fez rather than give him money.

How so? I'm not arsed watching the movie at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bastion really is worth it... Just got my 3 cards there so hopefully a miracle happens and I can get a badge before the 22nd so I can gather my 7 or 8 trading cards from the Summer Getaway Sale (Few foils would be nice also :p).. Now back to MC Pixel to try get the rest of the cards so I have the best shot at getting a booster pack...

If you want, I can give you a full set of cards to craft into a badge now, guaranteeing you reach level 5? They'd be from one of the games I'm not really interested in. You can pay me back in other cards sometime down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

He came across as an arrogant twat in that film, I'll happily miss out on playing Fez rather than give him money.

I'd say there are a LOT of game developers out there that you wouldn't want to hang out with.
    But if you only got games from developers you personally liked... there'd be a fairly small pool of games to choose from i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Artists are always often arrogant or just plain insane. That's why they leave the marketing and public contact to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ridiculous reason to not play a quality game, he makes good games who cares about anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Dirt 3 up on the flash deal is worth getting lads. Not big into racing games myself, but bought it on GMG a while ago and think it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

nesf wrote: »
    I picked up Mount & Blade, it's fairly old but I've been curious about it for a long time.

Also tempted by this, one thing that is leaning me towards it is the mods for it, there is quite a range and some very nice looking ones from Western themed to Lord of the Rings however my wallet says no, we'll have to see who wins the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

CKII, Risen 2 and Expeditions: Conquistador are the chocies in the next community vote. Must admit, I've never even heard of the latter!

CKII, Risen 2 and Expeditions: Conquistador are the chocies in the next community vote. Must admit, I've never even heard of the latter!

Risen 2 is one of the worst games i've ever played..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Looks like I'm safe again.

Who wants my vote?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How so? I'm not arsed watching the movie at the moment.

It's been a while since I watched it on Netflix so I can't remember his exact wording, I just recall having a serious dislike for the chap after the film. The Super Meat Boy devs were under just as much strain but didn't come across negatively as him. You should give it a watch sometime, interesting film.
    I'd say there are a LOT of game developers out there that you wouldn't want to hang out with.
    But if you only got games from developers you personally liked... there'd be a fairly small pool of games to choose from i'd say.

Probably a good reason why more 'making of' films aren't made so. :)
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Ridiculous reason to not play a quality game, he makes good games who cares about anything else?

Obviously I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

LA Noire and Ace of Spades have been my only purchases this round. My steam client is stuck in American mode since a holiday in October, and changes back and forth from day to day. What would have been €10 for the LA Noire complete pack was $7.50, which turned out to be €5.70 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well im done got everything i wanted skyrim legendary, fez and saints row full package should all do me for a loooong time, well at least till the next sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would vote for Crusader Kings II, but it is the best of a bad bunch.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Skyrim Legendary would have done to the next Summer Sale .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Agree on never heared of any of them but the Expeditions one I'll buy at 5 EUR (75%) if it goes for sale as it looks intresting (and I'll always vote Indy if I don't care which one will win because they deserve exposure).

Also added Enchantress (6.99) to my list of games this sale; think I'm still less then 13 EUR spent so far so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yeah, that's why I didn't buy Fez either.

Edit: AND because I don't like platformers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

It's been a while since I watched it on Netflix so I can't remember his exact wording, I just recall having a serious dislike for the chap after the film. The Super Meat Boy devs were under just as much strain but didn't come across negatively as him. You should give it a watch sometime, interesting film.
    The super meat boys people were at the end of the production cycle while that movie was being made...they could see the end of the tunnel, whereas I think that was the problem from Phil Fish; he genuinely couldn't see when it was going to be finished. To me he came across as a guy who just needed to take a step back from the project and reassess his approach to his job. I was more likely to play fez after watching.

I would say of all the people in the movie, Jonathon Blow was the one who came across the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

GarIT wrote: »
    Valve bundle is fairly good value, L4D 1&2, Portal 1&2, HL 1&2, CS Source and GO, all for €30. Essential for anyone on their first sale http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29197/

This is £17 (€19.69) on the UK version of Steam.

I'll be getting a UK friend to buy it as a gift for me or something.

There's probably some way around it with a proxy too.

Here's the HUKD thread on it.

Useless purhcases:

- Dark Souls, already have it on PS3 so I doubt I'll play it much.. but it has the DLC and it was 75% off.
    - Tropico Reloaded, already have Tropicos 1, 3 and 4. But it was only €1.39 so worth buying for the great soundtrack.

• Advertisement

Risen 2 is one of the worst games i've ever played..

Is it that bad? I thought I'd buy it if it was 75% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Hoping XCOM drops to 10 euro again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

I bought a gift (for myself) for 11 euro and steam said they'd give me 2 cards. :'( 2 hours later no cards but the gift is in my inventory.
    Anyone else had this problem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have you guys watched Indie Game: The Movie ? It's a pretty good watch and the creator of Fez is in it showing his struggles with the game.
    Yeah it was a good watch, he was a tool in it but I'd say most people that develop games on their own end up a bit cracked and feeling the pressure.
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Maybe be a silly reason but he put a huge amount of people off buying his game which is his own fault. He did an AMA recently which was good.

sarumite wrote: »
    The super meat boys people were at the end of the production cycle while that movie was being made...they could see the end of the tunnel, whereas I think that was the problem from Phil Fish; he genuinely couldn't see when it was going to be finished. To me he came across as a guy who just needed to take a step back from the project and reassess his approach to his job. I was more likely to play fez after watching.

I would say of all the people in the movie, Jonathon Blow was the one who came across the worst.
    Jonathon Blow came across badly as well all right. Certainly doesn't stop me getting the games but they aren't doing themselves any favours. Especially fish who is pretty much like "**** you" when people ask him things, seems to have mellowed out a bit...because he wants money :p

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is it that bad? I thought I'd buy it if it was 75% off.

Well i think so.... and so do a lot of others apparently

in truth i played it for about 30 mins before i decided i'd never go near it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well i think so.... and so do a lot of others apparently

in truth i played it for about 30 mins before i decided i'd never go near it again.

I want Risen 2 myself but it won't win the vote unfortunately. I just love Piranna Bytes' games and Risen is fantastic. The sequel isn't supposed to be as good but it will do me. Their games almost always get lukewarm to bad reviews but I will invest the time into them which is required. Just look at Gothic 3 reviews, one of my favorite games of all time.

Anyway pointless discussion really as it won't win the vote. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TPD wrote: »
    LA Noire and Ace of Spades have been my only purchases this round. My steam client is stuck in American mode since a holiday in October, and changes back and forth from day to day. What would have been €10 for the LA Noire complete pack was which turned out to be €5.70 :D

I feel very sorry for you.
    Not only did you not buy much, but you managed to get 2 pretty poor games while you were at it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yea LA Noire is a load of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Xenji wrote: »
    I would vote for Crusader Kings II, but it is the best of a bad bunch.

Eh, Crusader Kings 2 is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't be discouraged by that, I thought LA Noire was one of the best games I've played this generation.

Advertisement