Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still waiting on Baldur's Gate to drop bellow 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still waiting on Baldur's Gate to drop bellow 50% off.

Your wasting your time if your getting the enchanced edition, its a bug riddled mess, yes they got rid of lots of old bugs, but added a lot of new ones and it looks barely better than the original and worse then it in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Don't be discouraged by that, I thought LA Noire was one of the best games I've played this generation.

It was ok. Calling it "one of the best games" of "this generation" is a bit much.

I guess each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Xenji wrote: »
    Your wasting your time if your getting the enchanced edition, its a bug riddled mess, yes they got rid of lots of old bugs, but added a lot of new ones and it looks barely better than the original and worse then it in some places.
    Agreed. But I'm fairly sure that that's been withdrawn from sale for legal issues

It's of little use now but BG and a whole load of other classic RPGs were on a great sale on GoG a few weeks back

Reekwind wrote: »
    Agreed. But I'm fairly sure that that's been withdrawn from sale for legal issues

It's of little use now but BG and a whole load of other classic RPGs were on a great sale on GoG a few weeks back

Steam are still selling it, yeah I got that bundle, you have lots of mods that make BG look better and remove the bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So far, 2 things on the wishlist have come up on the sales and thats a good sale for me.

Anyone reckon there is any chance of FFVII getting any drop at all on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

An oldie but a goodie, GTA Vice City for $2.49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Have you got no doubles to sell off?

Nah, I've only singles now because I traded them all to get the Level 1 badge. :P
    Jernal wrote: »
    Um, what if you get nine of the same cards? :p

That's not a problem 'cos there's always other loserscollectors like me willing to trade. :P

Nothing's grabbed me in the past two days. Suppose I should be happy, but I can't shake this feeling that there's going to be a set of daily deals that'll make me spend loads of money again... :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Big thank you to McSasquatch who gave me his Organ Trail card's in order to reach level 5 and now I can finally get those cards from voting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Dirt 3 worth a 5er?

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Dirt 3 worth a 5er?

Yep, great game, handling feels for realistic than Gran Turismo, not sure how it runs on PC though, I had it for PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cities in Motion looks interesting....

Anyone played it? Is ti worth a shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is it that bad? I thought I'd buy it if it was 75% off.

It's abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Hmm... that was one my wishlist. It looks really interesting and I like the depth in Paradox's stuff. I'm not sure I need it now though. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mewso wrote: »
    I want Risen 2 myself but it won't win the vote unfortunately. I just love Piranna Bytes' games and Risen is fantastic. The sequel isn't supposed to be as good but it will do me. Their games almost always get lukewarm to bad reviews but I will invest the time into them which is required. Just look at Gothic 3 reviews, one of my favorite games of all time.

Anyway pointless discussion really as it won't win the vote. Oh well.
    I loved Risen and really wanted to love Risen 2, but the game actually worked hard to make you hate it. It was just badly made and buggy as hell. It has some good elements, but unless it's for free, you're being robbed if you get it.

Anyone pick up Ace of Spades? What's it like? I am sure it probably is worth the price of a double cheeseburger at Mc Donald's as someone previously said :P .. Just wondering will I actually play it or is it a bad game?

humanji wrote: »
    I loved Risen and really wanted to love Risen 2, but the game actually worked hard to make you hate it. It was just badly made and buggy as hell. It has some good elements, but unless it's for free, you're being robbed if you get it.

The original Risen is in the Steam Catalog so presumably that means it'd also get the 75% discount. Would that be worth it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Anyone pick up Ace of Spades? What's it like? I am sure it probably is worth the price of a double cheeseburger at Mc Donald's as someone previously said :P .. Just wondering will I actually play it or is it a bad game?

Its apparently awful now since it was bought out by Jagex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Get the double cheesburger.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

CiM 2 is a lot of fun although it is very in depth and requires a fair amount of micromanagement in order to get the transport lines working to the best effect. Some of the line building tools are a bit awkward as well, takes a lot of fiddling around to get the lines where you want them. And unless they've added it in a recent patch there isn't an undo button which may drive you crazy unless you're very careful with your building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you win some, you lose some its all the same to me really

Wow, good thing I didn't buy Ace of Spades yesterday then... It was a toss between it and Bastion and thank god I went for Bastion :P

Bastion's ****. :(
    >Click the sad face.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I loved it when it was a 1 man free game. There were lots's of servers and some great game modes.

The Steam release was a big step back. It closed the game to modders as far as I can see. There are more weapons but that has diluted the simple appeal of the game. They guns now lack punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

What would be nice is Payday going cheap again.

I could do with some criminal friends to play with.

Nothing bought in the last few deals; spent cash on trading cards :'(

Also, xcom is epic. why the **** did I not have it before.

Jernal wrote: »
    Bastion's ****. :(
    >Click the sad face.<

Thought Bastion was a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

paid $15 for Dark Souls on day one and it wont even launch.

Worst purchase on steam in 6 years.

Problem: PAYDAY TOMORROW :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up the GTA Collection there for €12.50

Gta 3
    Gta Vice City
    Gta San Andreas
    Gta IV
    Gta IV - Episodes

Everything except for IV & Episodes is listed twice now in my Steam inventory :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Polar101

I got CIM2 while it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. I played CIM1 a lot, haven't really gotten into CIM2 as the interface is a bit dodgy.

CIM1 was a lot like Transport Tycoon, CIM2 is more like Sim City with the focus on traffic. So if you find that interesting, go for it. The problem with CIM1 was that the developer never fixed all the bugs, which was the reason I stopped playing it - I would have bought CIM2 on release day but waited for the sale because of that. I hope they fix all CIM2 bugs this time. I think both games have really silly economic models, but Colossal Order are a small developer, maybe they don't have the people do it properly.

CIM1 had real European cities, CIM2 has anonymous US style cities so that is a bit disappointing - but there should be some mods availalble.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Xenji wrote: »
    Thought Bastion was a great game.

Click the sad face like he said dammit :pac:

Advertisement