Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

EnterNow wrote: »
    Picked up the GTA Collection there for €12.50

Gta 3
    Gta Vice City
    Gta San Andreas
    Gta IV
    Gta IV - Episodes

Everything except for IV & Episodes is listed twice now in my Steam inventory :confused:

Those are the Mac versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Click the sad face like he said dammit :pac:

Lol could not see that on my phone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Those are the Mac versions.

Ah! Any way I can hide those versions?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Jernal wrote: »
    The original Risen is in the Steam Catalog so presumably that means it'd also get the 75% discount. Would that be worth it? :D

I would recommend it with some caveats. If you liked the Gothic games you will like it. Or if you like an rpg with satisfying progression that has a bit of a stiff learning curve early on then go for it. I find it hard to judge really as I tend to be fairly forgiving with most semi-decent open world rpgs (Risen is not completely open). Just finishing off Two Worlds 2 now and I have to say I loved every minute of both Two World games despite in each case it taking a bit of a while early on to actually get into them.

With these german/eastern euro rpgs I would always read a guide online for getting started. Not spoilers just a guide on gameplay and so on. Often perhaps because of translation or whatever it's not entirely clear how to do things or what to do in certain cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Picked up the GTA Collection there for €12.50

Gta 3
    Gta Vice City
    Gta San Andreas
    Gta IV
    Gta IV - Episodes

Everything except for IV & Episodes is listed twice now in my Steam inventory :confused:

Damn Macs. :(

Those greyed out titles in my library really hurt my brain when I'm looking down through the list. :( :P

Lads... I got to the checkout page with Postal III (€9.49) before I sat back and though "Why the **** am I buying this?!" This sale needs to end... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Warframe packs are damn great value. Bought starter pack. works out so damn cheaper then buying platinum. Teno pack is even better,1500 platinum for 23eu. Might pick that up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Lads... I got to the checkout page with Postal III (€9.49) before I sat back and though "Why the **** am I buying this?!" This sale needs to end... :P

Ditto. Still undecided. Postal II was absolutely awesome. Was put off that this one is 3rd rather than 1st person. Any big fans of Postal 2 that have played it?

Ditto. Still undecided. Postal II was absolutely awesome. Was put off that this one is 3rd rather than 1st person. Any big fans of Postal 2 that have played it?

I've had Postal III in my basket since it was released. Was about to buy it yesterday but decided to grab Postal II again. Have it on disc but figured for 2.49 it was worth having it on Steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

In Steam library select "Installed" rather than "All Games" to hide those versions. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Moon54 wrote: »
    In Steam library select "Installed" rather than "All Games" to hide those versions. :)
    ^ This. It was bugging the life out of me having two versions of Vice City showing, but this sorted it.

Just added Anti-chamber to my (smallish) list of sales purchases, looks really interesting and worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

This review was written about Postal 3 by someone who quite liked number 2
    They hated it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Overheal wrote: »
    paid $15 for Dark Souls on day one and it wont even launch.

Worst purchase on steam in 6 years.

Problem: PAYDAY TOMORROW :eek:

Did you try to "verify the integrity of the game cache".

Civilisation V wouldn't work for me yesterday until I did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Are-we-really-that-different.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Difference is we don't complain that we've nothing to play. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Difference is we don't complain that we've nothing to play. :)

I do, all the time. you'd think one of the 214 games in my steam account would suffice, but no.. i have to play mass effect 3 on origin :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Deus Ex HR for €1.49 here in Spain and the missing link is a quid also? Yes please :)

Also picked up portal 2 for €3.49 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I feel very sorry for you.
    Not only did you not buy much, but you managed to get 2 pretty poor games while you were at it.
    Yea LA Noire is a load of ****.

:D

I know L.A. Noire is no masterpiece, I just wanted to have given it a go. Like renting it for a night but cheaper and forever.

And I loved ace of spades when it was in the free mode with only a rifle - has it gone downhill from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So, Risen 2 won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Risen 2 is the CC winner. Should I get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Risen 2 is the CC winner. Should I get it?
    Haven't played either myself, but people earlier in the thread were saying 2 isn't great and it'd be better to get the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

TPD wrote: »
    I know L.A. Noire is no masterpiece, I just wanted to have given it a go. Like renting it for a night but cheaper and forever.

I liked it for the first half, it got very repetitive after a while, & some of the later on cases are somewhat un-intuitive. Definitely a game you have to pay attention to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

So steam is telling me I voted for Risen 2 in the most recent vote when I clearly pressed on that Crusaders thingy.....:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ace of spades looks like a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

TPD wrote: »
    And I loved ace of spades when it was in the free mode with only a rifle - has it gone downhill from there?

I was like you once. Played the beta and thought it was a really cool concept.

Then RuneScape took over and took a giant dump all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

So Torchlight II is today's featured game. What Valve game will get a run-out? CS:GO?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picking up Torchlight and Sim City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

wow. I just voted and they gave me 6 cards at once. What's up with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    wow. I just voted and they gave me 6 cards at once. What's up with that?

Did you just turn Level 5 recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Hmmm, I was following Sang-Froid closely in the run-up to it's release, but reviews fell short of completely selling it to me... But at 66% off? :pac:

Advertisement