Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ohh dear, so many games I want to purchase... But only have around 7euro to spend... What to buy, what to buy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So risen 2 is bad but what about the first? Not planning on getting anything else so might as well. And if im buying something I might as well get torchlight 2 (might wait until Christmas sale after ive played the first) Infestation looks interesting.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    So if Skyrim is tomorrow then thst means the rest of the Elder scrolls games should go on sale too?

In theory, yes. Although I expected a better discount on skyrim so havent proved a great source when it comes to bethesda games

I want to buy at least one game this sale and not go above €10. What game should I get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

What's the dlc for The Binding of Issac like? Worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I want to buy at least one game this sale and not go above €10. What game should I get?
    Wait for XCOM to go back to 80% and laugh your ass off...like I'm doing :D

...waiting that is :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Cheers to the two lads. Just crafted the Steam Sightseer badge there. Got a Prison Architect card as a reward :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hotline Miami. Going to pick it up on the last day. I've seen a few playthroughs on youtube and they have all been hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Sold some cards for a euro an then bought Sim City 4 , my total spent is 10 euro.

Psychonauts or Magica? And should I also get Torchlight 2? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

AVOID infestation at all costs! ! !

Euro truck is ridiculously hard to explain. It's just relaxing and fun.

Steam leaves directx until last for a few different reasons. Valve have an in-depth post about it somewhere. The reason that satisfies me though is permission. Basically a lot of games will need to change registries, direct X logs and other stuff that require user admin permission. Imagine how mundane and impractical that would be for downloads spread out over several days. Valve bundles all the permission required stuff and tasks into one small download installation once all the files are in place. There's also less chance of errors during install when direct X is handled separately.

Oh and Sim City 4 is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Only just saw Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition for €3. Yes please. There goes my life.

Is Garry's Mod worth getting? The mods of it like Trouble in Terrorist Town look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm so glad I got Gunpoint. Really is great. Just finished it... And about to start it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why does Steam try to install Direct X every time it installs a bloody game? ¬_¬

I heard on a gaming podcast once that it's because games use different versions. Like, one game might use DX10.1.1.1.1.1 and another might use DX10.1.1.1.1.2 and to make sure it runs properly they require sparate installs.

Could be complete tosh, but I've believed it since hearing it without bothering to check if it's true. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played port royale 3 before?sounds kinda like the anno games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Vojera wrote: »
    What's the dlc for The Binding of Issac like? Worth getting?
    The wrath of the lamb? It makes the whole game much easier, which is a negative thing in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Only just saw Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition for €3. Yes please. There goes my life.

Is Garry's Mod worth getting? The mods of it like Trouble in Terrorist Town look great.

If you like building this sort of stuff? I personally like it in short bursts. Messing with the physics and stuff. But I know others who hated it. (Like all games really.) It's an acquired taste and some people devote, what seem to be their lives, into it. :)

Imo, it's worth it for the price.
    The first rocket-ish thing I built had me in stitches. :)

Jernal wrote: »
    If you like building this sort of stuff? I personally like it in short bursts. Messing with the physics and stuff. But I know others who hated it. (Like all games really.) It's an acquired taste and some people devote, what seem to be their lives, into it. :)

Imo, it's worth it for the price.
    The first rocket-ish thing had me in stitches. :)

This must be another video from the person that made that :P

It's amazing some of the mods you can get! Managed to get the Hidden and it's such a great game.

This is probably one of my favourite Garry's Mod videos. NSFW.

I would love to do that!

Just Purchased:

Ace of Spades €1.99
    Torchlight 2 €4.74
    Magicka €2.49
    The Binding of Isaac €1.24

Thank god I do not own a credit card :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

beat FTL twice last night using the Torus. Now this is stuck in my head, and I dont care

evidently they put a lot of work into the soundtrack. In reality there are only a dozen "theme" songs, but each one has a neutral/explore version and a combat version. The game engine plays both simultaneously and crossfades in accordance with whats happening in the game.

• Advertisement

Ace of Spades really is one of the weirdest games I have ever played... So difficult to know what you are suppose to do, spent most of that time running around like a headless chicken and getting sniped... Ohh well just as well it was only €1.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember seeing a few people complaining about Ace Of Spades when it came out, something like a hybrid of TF2 and Minecraft, but not as good as either. Dunno how accurate that is though.

Angron wrote: »
    I remember seeing a few people complaining about Ace Of Spades when it came out, something like a hybrid of TF2 and Minecraft, but not as good as either. Dunno how accurate that is though.

Yeah people where saying how bad it was earlier, but did I listen.. Of course not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Wishlist before steam sale - 18

Wishlist during current steam sale - 6

steamLADS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Made my first purchase..

Deux Ex for the price of a chicken fillet roll.

PC Gaming :D

Hoping to pick up Dishonoured and possibly the Witcher if the price is right.

beno619 wrote: »
    Made my first purchase..

Deux Ex for the price of a chicken fillet roll.

PC Gaming :D

Hoping to pick up Dishonoured and possibly the Witcher if the price is right.

The lowest Dishonoured will go is around €6.19 not sure about the Witcher though, it's usually 75% discount sometimes it varies...

Anyone else having problems not receiving their cards after spending the $10 sums? I should be due one but still has not came in since about 2 hours it has been...

The lowest Dishonoured will go is around €6.19 not sure about the Witcher though, it's usually 75% discount sometimes it varies...

Anyone else having problems not receiving their cards after spending the $10 sums? I should be due one but still has not came in since about 2 hours it has been...

I had this problem but the card showed up an hour later. Patience padawan. Also, what's the steam extension for fox called?

Lamposts wrote: »
    I had this problem but the card showed up an hour later. Patience padawan. Also, what's the steam extension for fox called?

Whats the what, what called :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Enhanced Steam? It's the one I'm using with Chrome anyway - very handy.

• Advertisement

Enhanced Steam? It's the one I'm using with Chrome anyway - very handy.

thisLAD knows. Cheers bro.

Advertisement