Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student

Options
  • 21-06-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Has anybody applied to AIT as a mature student? If so, when are you expecting to hear back from them? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Did you apply through the CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I seem to remember having an interview in July, its a couple of years ago now so can't quite remember

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

thanks for replies....it's my OH, applied through CAO but had an interview on May 9th and also applied using fetac points so i'm not really sure who we should be hearing from :confused: for fear of sounding old....the system was so different back in my day :)

Should hear with the CAO offers I think

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

is that the cao offers that come out after the leaving cert results do you think?

• Advertisement

yeh that's how I heard, applied through the cao as a mature student. I didn't do an interview though, my lc points were enough to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peanutbrowne

Hi I was wondering I want to apply for AIT vet nursing next year,as mature student ,27 nxt feb, can anybody offer me info on what I should do to stand a good chance of getting in ??? Also want to apply for equine studies in ait as 2nd choice can anybody offer info on studing in Gurteen is it for the full year??

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

can anybody offer me info on what I should do to stand a good chance of getting in ?

Hi Peanutbrown,
    If you are planning on starting in September 2014 your best chance of entry would be to enroll in AIT's foundation course. The course allows applicants to study different subjects from different departments and once you have passed the foundation course you can apply for any level 7 course and you will be guaranteed a place. This method of entry is like a "try before you buy" opportunity for the incoming student.

You can talk to the access office on
    Access Office
    Tel: + 353 (0)90 642 4593

The access office should be able to advise you about BTEA and fees if applicable. Hope this helps and the best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peanutbrowne

ifeelill wrote: »
    Hi Peanutbrown,
    If you are planning on starting in September 2014 your best chance of entry would be to enroll in AIT's foundation course. The course allows applicants to study different subjects from different departments and once you have passed the foundation course you can apply for any level 7 course and you will be guaranteed a place. This method of entry is like a "try before you buy" opportunity for the incoming student.

You can talk to the access office on
    Access Office
    Tel: + 353 (0)90 642 4593

The access office should be able to advise you about BTEA and fees if applicable. Hope this helps and the best of luck :)

Awwww thank you so much ill defo try that I really didn't know how to go about it, are the foundation courses full time??

Advertisement