Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vw transporter t4 conversion, Camper van tax rate?

Options
  • 21-06-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm seriously considering starting a project van. Thinking a nice cheap 2.4 tdi t4 transporter, around 2001/2002.

Going to kit it out with the basics , such as a futon that pops out into a bed , a pop up table, and a few built in presses with worktop with a built in camper gas stove.

My question is will I be eligible to get this taxed as a camper van , at the rate of 88 euro?
    If so how do I go about getting it taxed at this rate?
    What obstacles stand in my way?

Tanks in advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭fr3d12

Hi there,

I am also thinking of doing the same as yourself and in the process of doing a little digging.
    This blog has a nice bit of info.
    http://bluetdi.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/irish-camper-van-status.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

fr3d12 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am also thinking of doing the same as yourself and in the process of doing a little digging.
    This blog has a nice bit of info.
    http://bluetdi.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/irish-camper-van-status.html

Process has changed a bit again afaik.

I converted a vw t4 with the above process about 15 months ago, Cawleys in Sligo will do an inspection for around 20e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm seriously considering starting a project van. Thinking a nice cheap 2.4 tdi t4 transporter, around 2001/2002.

Going to kit it out with the basics , such as a futon that pops out into a bed , a pop up table, and a few built in presses with worktop with a built in camper gas stove.

My question is will I be eligible to get this taxed as a camper van , at the rate of 88 euro?
    If so how do I go about getting it taxed at this rate?
    What obstacles stand in my way?

Tanks in advance:)

You're in for a shock so make sure you are sitting down.

As of January this year road tax on campers went up to 102euro.:eek:

Advertisement