Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good and not so goo deals

Options
  • 21-06-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Just curious to know what would be selling in and around your area(city or county) and whats selling for ridiculous prices and what would be selling for a great price.

I have been keeping an eye on daft this last 2 years and have noticed that the houses that have had realistic prices do sell and then we have houses where people are living in dream land looking still ridiculous.

I have seen quite a few lovely turn key houses sell for 40-70k in the west and even some sell for under the 40k needing some work. To me, this is what houses should be selling at so the working man can afford them but that sa whole new thread all together.

Please post links so we can all see whats selling and will sell around your area and what you think will still be on the market in 5 years.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

This one always makes me chuckle when I come across it on daft:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=512419

Bear in mind this is a not-exceptional development a good way out of the city.

It has a slightly prestigious address but you can get a nice 4 bed around the corner for the same money.

350k for a 1 bed apartment in this location would have been overpriced at the height of the boom, I want to know what the vendor is smoking..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

It has a slightly prestigious address but you can get a nice 4 bed around the corner for the same money.

350k for a 1 bed apartment in this location would have been overpriced at the height of the boom, I want to know what the vendor is smoking..

Id be expecting all that building for that kind of money lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

The ad is over 3 years old though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

beeno67 wrote: »

Wonder if it ever sold?
    Looking at recent sales in the area- somewhere south of about 180k would appear reasonable these days.
    Since when was Taylor's Hill in the City Centre?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

beeno67 wrote: »

Don't think so?

Date Entered/Renewed:
    18/4/2013 (64 days ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

Don't think so?

Date Entered/Renewed:
    18/4/2013 (64 days ago)

Following your link it says "Date entered 15/03/2010 (1194 days ago)", are you thinking of a different ad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm getting the same as dangeroso, 64 days ago renewed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It isn't a case of a good deal. It's a case of what is for sale. In the housing development I live in, there is one house for sale. The first one in over 4 years for sale out of 120 houses. When we moved in there was 3 for sale.

We know someone who has bid on the house and is really keen on it although it's over 600k and needs to be gutted. But it will probably make about €700k as there are no other houses for sale in the area. There most likely won't be a single repossession in the area as there is no unemployment and anyone who lost a job immediately got another

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I'm getting the same as dangeroso, 64 days ago renewed

Different dates come up for the entered/renewed depending on whether you
    are using the app or a browser

Advertisement