Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what lead do i need

Options
  • 21-06-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

what lead do i need from the laptop to the tv that will allow me to see whats on the laptop up on the tv,,

i think it will be good as the lions are on in the morning etc

dont have sky sports

cheers b

Comments

What connectors are on your tv and laptop, any of these?
    VideoConnectors.png

If both have HDMI then the best and easiest way is just a simple HDMI cable

If you can't tell what connectors you have, you could post pics, or the make and model of your laptop and tv.

edit There will probably be one of these on your laptop:
    20130221-computerconnectors-Video.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

If you do have a HDMI port (as per wextext's handy posts above) on both laptop and TV then use that, it carries both audio and video.

Be careful not to spend to much on one if you are buying one though, I picked one up in Dealz for €1.49 (1m long) and it's perfect for the rare occasions that I do use it. Some of the prices they go for are ridiculous for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Most laptops and hdtvs have vga ports,
    SET resolution at 1024x768,
    refresh rate graphics card to 60mhz.
    Read tv manual re , pc input hdmi or vga resolution settings.
    if you don,t have hdmi out, buy vga cable , male to male 8 euro approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

i definitely have a vga on laptop but also have one on tv and also hdmi one aswell on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

i definitely have a vga on laptop but also have one on tv and also hdmi one aswell on tv

VGA from the laptop to the TV will provide video only, no sound. So you'll either be listening from your laptop speakers (crap) or use the headphone jack on the laptop to either in Aux input on the TV or to a separate sound source.

ok,,,right,,my nephew has a cable that both ends goes into his hdm1 port on his laptop and one into his hdm1 port on the tv,,,,i think the cable he has is from his xbox to give him xbox in hd etc

wen i connect them to the ports,i hear the laptop making that sound,,you know the sound like as if u plug in your camera to upload the pics,,,its like the laptop recognizes something

i turned on the tv but nothing and i had a movie on the laptop

is there settings i need to adjust

cheers b

we have 4 flatscreens,,samsung,,hisense,hanspree or lg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

ok,,,right,,my nephew has a cable that both ends goes into his hdm1 port on his laptop and one into his hdm1 port on the tv,,,,i think the cable he has is from his xbox to give him xbox in hd etc

wen i connect them to the ports,i hear the laptop making that sound,,you know the sound like as if u plug in your camera to upload the pics,,,its like the laptop recognizes something

i turned on the tv but nothing and i had a movie on the laptop

is there settings i need to adjust

cheers b

Did you select the HDMI1 input on the TV? Kinda obvious but just checking.

• Site Banned Posts: 17 itsonlyus

Fn button and one the F1-F12 keys at the same time, should be a square or two on one of the F keys, this will output the signal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

A HDMI cable the majority of laptops need have a HDMI port.
    But them on eBay or amazon.

Advertisement