Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about stars of West End plays

• 21-06-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone tell me if a West End show will always have the star performing, despite there being 8 performances a week?

I'm thinking of going to see the Cripple of Inishmaan in London tomorrow, and although I'm interested in the play in general anyway, I don't want to pay £50-70 for a ticket if Daniel Radcliffe is on a day off! What's the norm? Just concerned matinees may be 'covered' by the understudy.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

The stars would appear in every show, unless taken ill etc, or if they've given advance notice.
    I don't know if you could get your money back if you turned up for your show and the actor wasn't appearing. I'd imagine they'd give you a refund, but not sure.

Advertisement