Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a wireless 3D device

Options
  • 21-06-2013 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Okay, I've had a brief look at Amazon UK and saw a bunch of devices that transmit a full 1080p picture wirelessly using HDMI. While great in and of itself (any recommendations, anyone?), I was just wondering...are there any that accept a DVI input and have a HDMI out? As in, I was wondering if I get say a Geforce GTX 780 and have that transmit a full 3D 1080p signal through the DVI port, to a transmitter with a DVI in that then sends it to a receiver that has HDMI out connected to a 3D TV.
    I was wondering cause I've looked at all the 3DTVs that Nvidia 3D supports (the models listed on their site) and it's next to impossible to get them here in Ireland (if anyone would kindly point me to where I could get one, great!).
    I don't honestly expect such a device to exist. If I'm not mistaken, HDMI doesn't have the bandwidth for 3D 1080p 60fps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If I'm not mistaken, HDMI doesn't have the bandwidth for 3D 1080p 60fps.
    It has the bandwidth over a single link. but thats pushing the standards threshold. You'll only get that with the top quality cabling, and won't approach it at all with Wireless HDMI. Better support for it will come when HDMI 2.0 ever lands.

Advertisement