Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Park 4 plot details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

If this is true... I'm so happy! :D Back to isla Nublar? Just as everyone wanted. Sea reptiles? I don´t know how the hell they're going to explain that but let's face it, after the pterosaurs in JPIII sea monsters were the missing part of the trinity.
    And the fact that they use dinos (raptors of all things!?) to fight an even greater "evil" (Im still hoping its camo-Carnotaur) seems awesome. Best thing of all is the fact that there are no dino-human hybrids (like Mark Twain said of cats, if they were crossed with man it would improve man but deteriorate the cat...:pac:)

But it does raise some questions... for example, how, when and why did Nublar become Jurassic Park once again? In the canon established by TLW and JPIII, everyone in the world knows of the existence of dinosaurs, but they are kept isolated and contained by the Costa Rican government. Did they realize they had control over a gold mine and decided to exploit it? What does the rest of the world think about it? Did Hammond had anything to do with this at all?

Can´t wait to know more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

With relatively few dinos on Isla Nublar the island could have been retaken fairly quickly by an organised force of similar size to the one in TLW. What was left in terms of carnivores? One Tyrannosaurus and a few Dilos?

Sea reptiles is easy. DNA preserved in sea mites or mosquitoes that dined on washed up sea reptiles.

Galvasean wrote: »
    With relatively few dinos on Isla Nublar the island could have been retaken fairly quickly by an organised force of similar size to the one in TLW. What was left in terms of carnivores? One Tyrannosaurus and a few Dilos?

Remember the nest scene, when Grant figured out the dinos were breeding despite all the measures taken? The footprints in the sand had only two toes... meaning that was somehow a raptor nest. I think in the JP book they did find wild raptors, including one that could change color...

So Nublar would probably have raptors, dilos (number unknown), a T-Rex and possibly Metriacanthosaurus as shown in the embryo containers (although there's always the possibility that it hadn´t been cloned yet), and who knows what other dinos we never got to see from the park?
    Sea reptiles is easy. DNA preserved in sea mites or mosquitoes that dined on washed up sea reptiles.

Sea mites? D:

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Sea mites? D:

Sea mites.

Oh, I knew them as isopods :B But how would them end up in amber?

• Advertisement

Oh, I knew them as isopods :B But how would them end up in amber?

I'm sure there are other incredible ways to preserve a 100 million year old creature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Trained Dinosaurs !!!!!!!!!!!!! Mount a few cannons on them and we ll have this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Med has dried out many times. Has anyone ever found DNA in salt deposits ?

Antarctic dry valleys mean 2 million years of dessication, has anything been found ?

Or what is the oldest ice deposit still existent ?

The Med has dried out many times. Has anyone ever found DNA in salt deposits ?

Antarctic dry valleys mean 2 million years of dessication, has anything been found ?

Or what is the oldest ice deposit still existent ?

I believe the oldest glaciers are about 8 million years old... definitely not going to find sea reptile DNA there...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I believe the oldest glaciers are about 8 million years old... definitely not going to find sea reptile DNA there...
    There are dessicated seals there.

*changes film plot*

• Advertisement
Advertisement