Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A smoke tree?

• 21-06-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi there, I thought it was a shrub but friend of mine after telling this is smoke tree, can grow big. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

They can grow quite big, I'd say that you should move it to a better spot. One in my grandmothers garden is about 10 years old and 3 - 4 meters in height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

I notice yours was cut back. Did it suffer during the bad winter a few years ago. I just ask because I had a young one damaged that year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

Moved in last Sept, it was cut back by previous occupant and its covered by overgrowth ivy, we only see a few purple foliages, and decided to keep it, after removing the ivy in december last year, its seems like growing OK now. So its a smoke tree then? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

seamusmacc wrote: »
    Moved in last Sept, it was cut back by previous occupant and its covered by overgrowth ivy, we only see a few purple foliages, and decided to keep it, after removing the ivy in december last year, its seems like growing OK now. So its a smoke tree then? thanks

Yep. Cotinus goggyria

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

oh no, no chances for the peony right next to it to flower so.
    thank you very much for your help,

• Advertisement
Advertisement